Status: Active

With Stars in Our Eyes

All-Time High

Paul had skipped out on school, a quickly-forming habit of his. He didn't need school, not when he had his shifting powers and his pack. What was school to someone who could live forever? If that's what he chose to do anyway. Maybe he'd imprint and decide that he wanted to grow old with her and they could live happily ever.....

Paul mentally punched himself. Meet his imprint? Stop being a wolf? Live happily ever after? That was stupid. Paul was a self-absorbed, confident man who didn't need anyone. If he wanted to go to school, he could do so later down the line. As of now, he was fine with chilling on the beach with a blunt in one hand and a beer in the other. Sam wasn't big on Paul's recent activities, but what did Sam know? Worst comes to show, Paul would leave this pack and live on his own.

Looking out across the ocean, Paul spotted Jacob at the top of the cliff next to a pretty girl with bronze hair. Renesmee. That little monster caused a lot of commotion a while ago, almost resulting in what was sure to be a blood bath. And now Jacob and Sam and everyone else in this damn supernatural world treats it like it never happened. Well not Paul, Paul hated that monster and he wasn't too fond of Jacob anymore either.

Feeling the uncomfortable shift in his stomach, Paul discarded his beer bottle, ashed his blunt, and headed into the woods before Jacob and his hybrid leech saw him. Not wanting to strap a full set of clothes to his leg, Paul walked the path until he came to the small downtown of La Push. School would be letting out soon and Paul was high enough that he could preoccupy himself for the next twenty minutes.

The bell over the door to the diner rang as he stepped through, announcing his entrance to the older-than-dirt waitress. She was nice, Paul would give her that, but she was wrinkly and smelled like the weird mix of prunes and cottage cheese.

“Paul?” She walked over to the booth Paul plopped himself in. “Paul, why aren't you in school?” The waitress asked, giving him a stern look.

He merely shrugged and began looking at the menu. After a second or two, he realized that was pointless. He had been coming here since he could remember and he always got the same thing. “I'll have a burger and fries.” He hoped he didn't sound high.

The waitress sighed and put his order in. Just then the bell sounded over the door again and someone walked into the diner. Paul was too mesmerized by the sugar holder to bother looking. Things were moving extra slow for him, he was getting higher as the time went by. Soon he knew he'd reach the point where he was so high he didn't want to be high anymore. He had to calm down.

He heard the person who had just walked through the door talking. It was a girl and she was ordering a plate of fries. Her voice gave him goose bumps. He glanced over to see a curvy figure sitting at the bar, back to him. Her hair was long and brown, falling in messy curls. He could tell by her stature that she was slumped over, not bothering to sit up. To him, she looked like she could use a hit off his ashed blunt.

Just then the girl turned, as if she could feeling his eyes on her. For a moment their eyes locked and Paul's trip hit its all-time high. Her mouth was wide and full, a frown placed promptly upon it. Her dark green eyes were framed with thick lashes. Paul felt something click, like his world finally made sense.

With a look of panic, Paul rushed from the diner just as the waitress was bringing out his food. Both women stared after him through the window as his frantic body broke through the trees.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for continuing to read :)