Hell's Hold

Remembering

The look on Dean’s face was utter disbelief. “How the hell do you know who this bitch is?”

“Excuse me?” The red head crossed her arms defensively across her chest. “Actually, nevermind, I’m fine being the bitch who has your weapons.”

Sam thought for sure his brother was going run across the room to strangle the poor girl. So, just to be safe, he stepped in between the two giving Amber a knowing look before turning to his brother. “Don’t you remember that hunt we went on in Alabama, maybe five years ago?”

“You seem to forget that we have gone on a lot of hunts in the last several years.”

“This one was special. There was some sort of demon tornado with the house in the ‘eye’ and it was almost impossible for us to get through?”

Image


All the signs were there. The odd weather changes, electrical shortages throughout the town and people lacking their so-called “southern hospitality.” There was no doubt in the boys’ mind a demon attack was on its way.

Unfortunately, it was already happening on the outskirts of town.

Bobby called them in a panic, exclaiming that while scouting the country side, the wind picked up his truck as a tornado fell from the sky. He was getting ready to run for it before he briefly saw a house with a young girl staring out the window. “We need to get in there!” he yelled as he reached in his bed of his truck to grab the black duffel bag.

“I’m all for saving people Bobby, but this is starting to look more and more like a death wish.”

Sam and Bobby exchanged looks before his younger brother spoke up. “Listen Dean, if you’d rather say out here with a weapon in hand, Bobby and I can take care of it.”

Before Dean could come back with a snarky remark, the pair was lost in the dark clouds of the storm. Rain was pouring down in sheets, soaking Dean through his leather jacket. He shivered as he stared in the direction his brother ran wondering how exactly they were going to stop this monster. He was sure that they would have to single out if the girl was possessed or not and then find out who or what was the source of the tornado.

As the thought crossed his mind, the wind picked up for a brief moment, threatening to pull Dean away from his beloved car, but it left as quickly as it came. The tornado screeched as it vanished into the ground, most likely into the depths of hell, and Dean looked up to see Bobby emerge carrying a young red headed girl.

It had ended too fast to be what they normally dealt with.

“Is she alright?” he was used to seeing people injured, he even had to kill a few harmless people himself, but this girl already looked like she had been to hell and back.

Sam paused, taking in the look painfully written on his brother’s face. “She’ll be fine. Once we stepped into the house all she did was point to an old Greek mythology book that was flying through the pages. Bobby thought fast and decided it was best to burn it.”

Reaching his truck, Bobby carefully placed the girl in the passenger seat, buckling her in and making sure her head wouldn’t roll around unnaturally on the journey. “As soon as I burned the book, the tornado seemed to disappear and she fainted.”

“Do you think she was possessed?” Dean asked as they gathered around the car, watching the girl breathe steadily. She couldn’t have been more than sixteen years old.

“No, I think she was just afraid. She probably thought she was going to die alone in that house.”

Dean continued to look at the girl as Sam and Bobby talked about where she would be taken and the story they would use to make it seem less conspicuous about their whereabouts. Her hair was bright red and in a tangled mess across her face which carried just a dusting of freckles and her skin had a milky glow.

“Dean, we should get going now. Bobby is going to call and report a break in at their address before taking her to the closest hospital.”

“Yeah, okay.” He turned away and faced his brother.

“In case you’re wondering, her name is Amber.”


Image


Amber’s green eyes were still staring at Dean who seemed to have spaced out for the last couple minutes. She took this moment to take in the boys’ appearances.

She remembered meeting Sam and an older gentleman when the attack happened years ago. Sam had grown into a very nice looking man with muscles that his shirt clung to and still had the same shaggy brown haircut. It seemed that Sam liked to take on the older brother role at times, but without stepping on Dean’s toes. Amber never properly met Dean, but she knew who he was through research and photos she had found. He was just a cocky and juvenile as some of her officer friends describe him.

“Amber?”

Dean’s hazel eyes had focused in on her as she spoke, “The one and only.”

“No wonder I didn’t recognize you. You aren’t the same sixteen year old girl sitting in Bobby’s old truck.”

She scoffed at his realization, “I haven’t been that girl for many years.”

The room fell quiet as Dean and Amber avoided any more eye contact. Dean wouldn’t admit his thoughts out loud, but Amber did frighten him a bit. It wasn’t the fact that she had all their available weapons or even her intense stare, but the fact that he could relate to her. Being damned to hell can change a man and something about Amber gave off a gravely vibe.

“So,” Sam was the first to speak up. “Why exactly are you doing in the middle of the woods to begin with?”

“I could be asking you the same.”

Dean cocked his head to the side as he looked at her in disbelief, “Amber, you know damn well why we are here. We are hunters for crying out loud.”

“Aw, does wittle baby Dean want to cry?” She stuck out her bottom lip like a child on the verge of tears, mocking his tone.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

Sighing, Sam stepped in-between the pair once again, but not before cautiously placing his hand on the weapons table. “Amber, Dean, can we please act like adults here?”

“I am an adult!”

Amber let out a manic-like laugh, “Oh please, I beg to differ.”

“Alright listen,” Sam spoke up before Dean could throw an insult in her direction, but it only earned him the death glare. “We are here on a hunting trip. We got insight on campers going missing from open camp sites leaving everything behind, but the campers themselves are never found.”

“That’s odd because I’m here on the same business.”

Both the boys looked at her in shock. Dean’s stomach was churning as he stated the obvious. “You are a hunter.”

“No, dumbass, I just like to toy around with big boy guns in the middle of nowhere where people are being snatched up for kicks.”

As much as he wanted to rip her head off, Dean just nodded his head as the information settled in. The fact that the innocent young girl he saw years ago was now becoming this badass biker-hunter chick was a little unsettling. Sam wasn’t nearly as surprised as his brother – a lot of people they crossed paths with ended up in the hunting business after going through it themselves.

Growing impatient, Amber huffed. “Fine, I heard about this hunt and decided to camp out here to see what all the hub was about. I had a gut feeling that the Winchester brothers would be making their way up here sooner or later and paid off the ranger to have you sent to my cabin.”

“We aren’t going to be your entertainment for the night if that’s what you mean.”

“Har har. Real funny there Dean. I wanted you guys to be sent to my cabin because I knew you’d have all the right equipment compared to me.”

Now Sam seemed to be confused, “So you wanted to steal our weapons?”

It was Amber’s turn to smile mischievously, “Actually, no. I was hoping that we could team up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Finally have chapter three out!
I toyed with several ways to explain how they met and make it clearer for the readers to understand that they did know each other before this meeting, but only vaguely. Hopefully it wasn't too confusing.

So please read and tell me what you think! c:
don't be a silent reader!