I'm Lonely, and I'm Tired, Missing You Again

Glow Sticks

Chapter 1: Glow Sticks

"Happy 25 birthday, Lexi! Now, drink up, girlie!" Calie announced as she handed me my first shot of the night.

"Lets get this party started!" I yelled after chasing the shot of Jack with lemon juice.

It was my 25th birthday and we were celibrating it at 'The Sand Bar'. It was just a little bar inside the resturant on the lake at Antilope Point Marina, Lake Powell. I had spent my last 13 birthdays at this lake and I plan on countining to until I lose interest in this place. Which will be never. We danced to so many songs, pressed against other sweaty, drunkin bodies that after what felt like hours, I made my way back to the bar to get a drink of water. Although I was able to drink how ever much I wanted, I had a very high tolerence of alcohol, I just didn't feel like getting wasted tonight. I wanted to be able to have fun yet still be able to function for the whole night. As I finally got to the bar, I took a seat upon one of the stools. After I ordered my bottle of water, I placed down the two dollars and the bar tender placed a cold bottle of Arrowhead water in front of me. I had unscrewed the lid and was putting it up to my mouth when a body bumped into me, spilling half of the bottles contents all over my black tank top and mid thigh length skirt. Gasping from the shock of chills it sent through my body, I jumped off the stool and tried to ring my shirt out, wanting to get the cold way from my body fast.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry! Some drunk stumbled into me making me lose my balance. Please let me buy you another water or a shirt to replace your wet one." A guy covered in tattoos, shaggy hair, thin lips, and bright green eyes apolized quickly, handing me some paper towels the bar tender placed on the bar for me.

"Its fine, you don't have to replace anything, I can just go find my bag and change my outfit, trust me its no big deal, really." I assured him.

"Are you sure? I feel really bad letting you freeze in those water covered clothes." The guy re asked me.

"I'm sure... What's your name so I don't refure to you as tattoo guy?" I asked him.

"Zacky, you?" He answered.

"I'm Lexi! You look familier, have we met before?" I asked him, changing the subject, but thinking about it now, he did look familer.

"Well umm, I'm in a band, Avenged Sevenfold." He kind of mumbled, as if not really wanting to tell me.

Wait! Holy Muffinbrand! He's Zacky Vengenge! Oh my god Zacky V is standing right in front of me. The longer I seemed to stay stilent, the wider Zacky's eyes got, I think he was worried I was going to go all fan girl on him. Okay talking in head moment over... now!

"Oh! Thats cool. Your guys music is really good! I enjoy listening to it. Your a ways from home, mind me askin how you found yourself at this lovely lake?" I asked, totally playing like I didn't even care who he was.

"We all needed a break away from home town drama. Brian just broke up with his girlfriend so we got him away from there for a week or two." He answered me, once again mentally debating on if he should be telling me or not.

"Oh that's to bad! Tell him I say I'm sorry, even if I don't really know him. Break ups are never fun. Oh my god cold shirt! I think I'm going to go change out of this outfit now. It was nice meeting you though Zacky, maybe we'll see each other again, I kind of work here but not here here. Yeah don't give me that confused look. If we see each other agian I'll explan then. Bye!" I said to him before prancing off to my boat that I had in a slip that held my bag of clothes in it.

I think I played that off pretty well about not being a total fan girl. Of course I only wanted to for a second though. I didn't want to scare him away, he must get tired of fan girls always trying to mob him. I didn't want to fall into that catagory of annoying, screaming, fan girls. After I changed out of my water covered skirt and tank top, I pulled on a comfy pair of cute jeans and a purple top. Before I got the change to get off the boat, I noticed a package of glow sticks. I smiled while grabbing them, jumped off the boat and rushed into the bathroom. I quickly torn into the package and started cutting open the green, pink, and blue glow sticks, making sure to get every single drop of glowing substance onto my clothes before throwing the garbage away and struting out of the bathroom and back to where the partying was going on. With it being as dark as it was and the random flashing lights everywhere, the glowing of my clothes looked bright and flashy.

"Well good to see you so soon agian. I see you had fun with some glow sticks." A voice said from the side of me.

I looked over and seen Zacky with a smile on his face before speaking, "You can't have fun if you don't have glow sticks! They make everything ten times more fun!"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come meet the rest of the group? Its the least I could do seeming as you wouldn't let me buy you a new drink." He said, offering his hand, which I took, and pulled me through the crowd and over to a group of people sitting at a table that had been pushed to the edges of the room to create a bigger dance floor.

"Guys this is Lexi! Lexi, this is the rest of the band and our wifes slash girlfriends." Zacky half assed introduced us all.