Status: Going to post more soon, hopefully you like them!

Life Through Cassidy's Eyes

Patching Things Up

"Mommy? Cam, why is mommy crying?" Robin says tugging on Cam's shirt.

"Dad, he isn't coming back." Cam says still wide-eyed, and frozen.

"He always comes back, so you mean that he's coming back later?" Robin says smiling.

"He's gone Robin, he's never going to come back! He's dead!" Cam screams into Robin's face, causing her to cry. She runs helplessly into her mom's arms, her face now covered in her newly flowing tears.

"Cam we are all taking this hard! Don't take your emotions out on your little sister!" Cam's mom screams while snuggling up to Robin.

"Is daddy really not coming back?" Robin's voice crackled as she asked Cam's mom the question. She looked up at Cam's mom's face in complete sadness. Robin's face said that she didn't want to know the truth, that she didn't want to know the fact that her own dad was gone. My heart dropped seeing all of this sadness, seeing all these tears once again because of losing their father.

"Yes hunny, he's not coming back.." Cam's mom whispers, she tried holding back her tears. Showing her kids that she's strong.

The atmosphere in the room was depressing, I kept my head down in sadness. Why did I have to witness all this again when I already have before? Robin was crying, her head in Cam's mom's chest, Cam's mom was trying to stay strong for her kids, while Cam... I had no idea. He had anger written all over his face but his eyes were watering up with tears.

"Just stop talking about all of this okay?! Stop crying like a little baby Robin, and mom, don't try to act strong, we all know that you're dying as much as all of us! Just stop!" Cam storms upstairs and slams his bedroom door behind him. Robin, now even in more tears then she's ever been, while Cam's mom's face was in shock of what her own son screamed at her.

"Robin, Cam's mom... He's just sad that his own dad is gone, he's probably mad at himself for not getting to do everything he wanted with his own dad. You can't blame him, we all take this differently." I placed my hand on Cam's mom's shoulder as well as Robin, giving them a comforting smile. "I should go check on Cam, just try to cheer up. Maybe watch a happy movie together, please." I start to walk upstairs, retracing Cam's steps to his bedroom.

I slowly turn the doorknob and peak in, seeing Cam's face glued to his pillow, laying flat on his stomach. I decided to invite myself in, and sit on his bed.

"Go. Away." Cam mumbled from his pillow. I placed a hand on his back, slowly rubbing it, trying to comfort him.

"It's me, Cassidy. Listen, I know this is hard for you, but it's equally as hard for everyone else." I looked down at the floor, biting my lip. "I thought that I was taking my father's death the hardest out of everyone, and it may seem like that, but... everyone is hurt from this." Tears started to form in my eyes as a knot grew larger in my throat. "I know you want to be on your own, but you've got to get through this as a family. You can either make this experience tear your family apart, or bring them closer together."

"I loved my dad, he was my role model." Cam says turning himself over, laying on his back.

"I know, and so does your family. People come and go Cam, it's a part of life. Just because one chapter in your life ended, don't close the book, just turn the page." I gave Cam a comforting smile, even though I was still in pain, remembering the day my dad died.

"Why are you so wise?" Cam looks confused. I shrug my shoulders and give a small laugh.

"Just, help cheer up your family as well. They need you more than you can even imagine." I sent Cam a half smile as he got up to sit straight.

"Life without my dad, it's a pretty scary thought." Cam rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know, it is. You should really go downstairs and apologize to your family." I said.

"I will, let's just keep this moment for a while." Cam starts to slowly lean down into my lap.

I placed my hand on his head, getting my fingers tangled in his hair. Cam laid down in my lap, and didn't say a word. I smile at Cam slowly closing his eyes to sleep. I smack him on the arm and his eyes shot wide open.

"What the heck was that for?!" Cam shouts, his voice sounding grubby.

"You need to go apologize to your family, not take a nap!" I pushed him back up with my legs.

"Fine, come with me." Cam gets up and grabs my hand, dragging me with him. Robin and Cam's mom were sitting on the couch, Robin's head leaning against Cam's mom's shoulder. They took my advice and put in a movie to forget what had happened.

"Mom, Robin... I'm seriously so sorry for the way I acted. I was only mad at myself, my emotions were flying everywhere I couldn't control it. I'm so sorry." Cam looks down in disappointment.

Before everyone knows it, Robin is tightly wrapped around Cam's leg, sitting on Cam's leg. Cam chuckles and starts walking over to his mom with Robin still attached to his leg. They all had a family group hug and I tilted my head to the side, smiling at the beautiful moment. Everyone was now smiling, no more sad atmosphere, no more screaming, just happiness.

"Cam, you never introduced us to your little lady friend!" Cam's mom says, gesturing her hands in my direction.

"Oh, Robin, mom, this is Cassidy. She's a good friend." Cam winks at me.

"Cassidy is it, I'm Elizabeth, but call me Liz for short. You know, you're an amazing person!" Liz, Cam's mom, saying happily. I see Cam roll his eyes behind her, but in a friendly way.

"You should date her!" Liz nudges Cam.

"Mom..." Cam sounds annoyed.

"Is she my new sister in law?!" Robin squeals and jumps up and down.

"No, she isn't!" Cam starts to chase Robin around the couch and I giggle to myself.

The atmosphere was now happy, and it was all because of me. I knew how it felt, I knew how Cam felt. It's horrible losing someone close to you, no matter who they were, it hurt. I felt like I was a part of their family, it was so joyful, the happiness was contagious.

"I should be getting home now," I said heading towards the door. Cam runs in front of me and opens the door, gesturing me like a gentleman towards outside.

"Thanks so much Cassidy, I'm glad that you came over." Cam pulls me into a tight hug, lasting 5 seconds.

"No problem, I'm glad we are friends again." I give him a friendly smile, and head back home.