Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Sam

The rain beat down on my white fur as I ran through the flooding florest, my paws splashing through the rising water, leaving a bloody trail through the cold liquid. My pink tongue hung out of the side of my mouth as I panted while running. I had to get away. I had to get far away, and never look back.

My heart gave a painful lurch as I realised that I could never go back home, nearly causing me to trip over myself. Alaska, my home for my whole life, nearly 100 years. I could never see it again. Never see the mountains, the glistening snow that adorned their peaks, never see the sun as it glimmered across the pure water of the lakes. Never see my pack, my family again. All because of my stupid alpha pride.

I pushed my legs to move faster, sending me flying over the watery land, determind to put as much distance between myself and my memories. The expressions of my friends and family, as I lay broken and bleeding before them, still haunted my mind. I saw them whenever I closed my eyes, even for a breef second. I could see their horror, their confusion, their dissapointment. I could still hear his mocking laugh as I was forced to flee my own territory.

I gritted my teeth and ran faster shaking the memories from my mind. My blood stained fur clung to me, the downpour of rain not helping. I still bore the wounds of my fight, the injuries recived from that type of fight don't just fade away. They heal with an agonized slowness, and leave perminent scars. The soul purpose of this is to cause both parties to remember.

I had long claw marks down my right flank, still oozing blood and causing a burning pain to nearly cripple me, but i continued on. For most of my jouney I ran on three legs, my left forarm having been popped out of socket, and then back in rather painfully. I wasn't sure how much longer I could continue on, but I was determind to run until I dropped.

It wasn't long after, that my strength did indeed give out, and I was sent crashing onto muddy land, the rain just starting to die down. I was panting as I just lay there, bleeding onto the ground. It was gradually getting harder and harder to breath and I thought my life was about to end. My only regret, I never even said goodbye to my pack.

A large dark shadow suddenly cast over me, peering down at me with dark, black eyes. I closed my own icie blue ones, and prepared to the angle of death to take me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam's POV

I was jogging along in my wolf form alone. No one else in La Push had phased yet, though the elders say that Paul was close. I silently dredded that day. As much as I wanted someone to share this burden with, Paul wasn't at the top of my favorites list. His temper was already hard to handle, I couldn't imagine it with a huge monster of a wolf to back it up.

Sighing, I countinued on, patroling my territory when suddlenly, the scent of blood clogged my senses. I stopped dead in my tracks, realising that the blood didn't smell human at all, but had a very animalisic scent to it. I wasn't sure what to do. The elders say that the pack is to protect humans, and nothing else, but I couldn't just leave an injured person out there, human or not. Could I?

Deciding to do what was right, I followed my scenses until I came across a mas of red fur. Carefully walking closer, I relised that it was actually a white wolf with blood caking her entire body.

I bent over her to get a closer look at this injured werewolf, and suddenly her incredible icie blue eyes snapped open to meet my own dark brown ones. In her eyes, I could see all of the pain and sufforing she felt, I could see her silent plea for help.

She seemed to study me for those few seconds that our eyes met, yet it was as if she didn't really see me. Then a calm, almost accepting look crossed her wolfish face and slowly her eyes closed, like she was welcoming death as an old friend.

Then slowly, her fur shrank, her features rounded, her tail disappeared, and a beautiful woman, who appeared in her early twenties, took the wolf's place. She had long, silky black hair, that nearly covered her entire body, shielding her woman hood. Her skin was a dark tan, soft and flawless, and her features had and alost alien sharpness to them, yet that was the most beautiful thing about her. She was definitely different.

Slowly I shifted back into my human form, put clothes on, and carefully picked her up. She felt small and fagil in my large arms and I hunched over her protectively as I walked all the way back home. She could have so many answers to my questions. I thought.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahna'a POV

I was very groggy, and confused when I finally came to. I could feel bandages wrapped firmly around my middle, and my arm was in a sling. I was also wearing strange clothes, a black shirt that was ten sizes too big and sweat pants to match.

'What the hell?' I thought as I attempted to sit up, only to be gently pushed back down by an indian man that I just noticed sitting next to me.

I leaped up in fright, moving with inhuman speed, pressing my back up against the wall as his wolfish scent registered in my mind. My whole body grew very still, a stillness only matched by a wolf that was stalking prey or felt threatened. My teeth slowly bared into a snarl and a soft growl rummbled in my throat.

"Easy." The mad said in a gentle yet firm voice, "You've lost a lot of blood."

"Who are you?" I asked quietly, preparing to flee at any minute.

"My name is Sam Uley." he answered, "I found you in the forest, on the brink of death."

I could hear the question in his voice, wondering what had happened to me, but he had the inteligence to not out right ask.

"And you saved me?" I asked, confused. Why would he do that? He didn't know me.

"I coudn't just leave you to die." he said bluntly.

I nodded, understanding that. I would have done the same.

"I'm Ahna Sky." I introdused.

And that was how I met my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! I swear if mibba crashes and deletes this one, i'll scream. Every single one of my stories were deleted. well, comment!! and if you have any questions just ask. =D