Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Tempers

Lucky for me, I'm a shapeshifter, and heal much too quickly to get a hangover. When I woke up the next morning there was no sign that I even touched alcohol last night.

"Well look who finally woke up." Emmett exclaimed as I walked down the stairs to see everyone in the living room, including Bella.

"Has anyone seen my cell phone?" I asked, ignoring the buff vamp.

Jasper tossed it to me, "You had left it at the bar. I grabbed it for you."

"Thanks." I muttered looking through all twenty of my missed calls, mostly from Sam, "I have to make a call."

I walked out onto the porch and called Sam back.

"Ahna!" He answered sounding worried, "Where were you last night? We've been worried sick about you."

"How are you feeling Sam?" I asked, avoiding his questions. I didn't want him to know that I got so drunk that a vampired had to help me and took me to his house.

"I'm...better." He said.

"I'll be over soon." I replied and hung up.

I said goodbye to the Cullens and headed back home.

When I got there, Sam ran outside to greet me, squeezing me in a tight hug. I was relieved to see him up and about again.

"I'm sorry that I worried you. I just needed some air." I explained, which was true.

"I'm just glad that you're safe. I had thought that the wolf had gotten you or something." He said.

I smiled softly, "You don't need to worry about me. Now, I'm hungry."

About a week later, I was at the Cullens house once again. I had decided to stop avoiding Jasper, and just let it be. He obviously didn't return the feelings, so I had nothing to worry about.

"Check mate." I said, laughing at Edwards shocked expression. I was the first person to beat him, mainly because I could block my mind from him so he couldn't see what I was planing.

"About time someone beat him! I wonder how you would do fighting him." Emmett mused, "Jasper has been the only one able to beat him there."

"Hmm, I don't know, wanna find out Eddie?" I asked.

"No!" To my surprise, it was Jasper that answered, "You could get really hurt."

I cocked my eyebrow at him with a 'what the fuck' expression.

"I can't get hurt that easily Jaz, and even if I do, I heal almost instantly." I explained.

"Still no."

I stood up, hackles raising, "And you think that you can tell me what to do?"

The room was dead silent. You could feel the tention in the air.

"I'm just worried about your safety." He didn't back down, an angry look crossing his handsome features.

"And I don't need a parent trying to dictate my every move." I snarled, a growl rising in my throat.

"Obviously you do, your every move either gets you hurt or drunk." He snarled back.

That last remark was what did it. In a flash I was flying at him, sending us both flying through a window, shattering the glass at I exploded into my wolf form.

I wrapped my teeth around his neck, but he quickly pulled back, his shirt ripping in the prosses. He dived for me, teeth bared, ready to sink them into my flesh, but I dodged with agility that didn't match my mass, and dove for his side, knocking him down, but sending me rolling the other way.

I stood up snarling, my long, lethal fangs glimmering in the faint light, my eyes fashing with malice. He mimicked my pose, our eyes locked in anger.

We dove for each other at the same time, my teeth snapping at anything that came close, which happened to be his hand. I jerked back in shock, dropping his fingers that were detatched in my mouth and backing away. I wanted to hurt him, but I never expected to be able to.

I saw his shocked and painfilled expression which caused me to whimper and crouch down, something that I had only done once in my life, and lowered my head in submission. He seemed to realise how sorry I was. His expression cleared and he picked up his two fingers that I had bit off and reatatched them without any trouble.

The whole family was watching in horror, unsure of what to do. Bella looked absolutely terrified.

So I ran before any of them could find their voices. Before they could yell at me and send me off themselves, before they could tell me to never come back. I ran, and didn't stop until I was back in Quilette territory.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, another chapter. I'm sorry its so short, I'll post two tomorrow to make up for it!