Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Frustrations

A few mothes had passed since the Cullens had left. I had returned to Quilette territory, but I stayed away from the rez. I mainly stayed in my wolf form, finding it much easier to deal with emotions like that. The more animalistic I became, the less it hurt.

Sam was worried sick about me. I could feel it every time he phased, though I kept my mind blocked from his. I still patrolled the territory, though always by myself, being with others just furthered my misery.

Right now, I was laying in a patched of sun, enjoying the warm feeling on my fur, only a few yards from the road, yet carefully hidden from view. It was the only area that I could find warmth. I was slightly dozing off when I heard the all too familiar roar of an ancient truck that sounded as if it were on its last leg.

I lifted my head and looked towards the road, easily spotting the unwanted reminder of the Cullens. I had forgotten about Bella. Thinking about her reminded me of them. Though, I was awefully curious as to why she was here.

Siletly, I got up and followed her, until she stopped outside of the Black's house. I hadn't realised that she knew them, but obviously she did. I quickly lost interest in the human, lately I've notced it was getting incresingly difficult to focus on much, so I walked off to do my daily rounds of patrolling.

"Mind if I join you today?" I heard a voice faintly in my head.

I let my barriers drop slightly and looked towards the black mass of fur that was my best friend. I shrugged and he fell into step with me.

"How are you doing?" He asked carefully. I hadn't spoken a word to anyone since that day.

Again, I just shrugged, causing him to sigh.

"We miss you, you know. It's been five months, don't you think it's time to move on?" He said suddenly, a little bit harshly.

I didn't answer.

Sam stopped walking, as did I. I could feel he had something to say.

"You are being incredibly selfish." He snapped, "He was just a vampire, and there are plenty of them out there if you're into that sort of thing! I know you loved him, but you shouldn't abandon your pack because of it! We need you Ahna! There have been more and more vampire sightings on our territory, and they have killed many people. There are too many for just the four of us! We need you." He repeated.

I thought about what he said, one part particularly caught my attention. "The four of you?"

He tried, unsuccesfully, to hide his relief that I actually spoke to him and said, "Embry Call has phased."

I looked at him confused. Surely that is something that I should have noticed. Another wolf phasing for the first time is a big deal.

That's when a young grey wolf with darker spots appeared out of nowhere.

"Sam, a vampire has been spotted just inside our territory." He thought.

And then the voices of Paul and Jarred joined his as well. I shrunk back from so many people talking in my head at once, I had been blocking them for so long. But as soon as pain flashed through Pauls head, and the image of a female vampire slamming him into a thick tree, breaking it in half, filled our vission, I was off. I raced through the forest faster than I thought possible and collided with the vamp as she was about to sink her teeth into his flesh.

We both went rolling, locked in a vicious battle to the death. I was taking all of my pent up anger and frustrations out on the leech, biting chunks off of her every time she came near my teeth. I gave no mercy and soon she was torn apart completely and burning to ash.

Surpisingly, I felt much better.

"Thanks." Paul thought to me.

"My pleasure." I replied.

We all went back to Sam's after that, Paul feeling quite sore. Sam ran inside and brought me clothes, that I quickly put on after shifting back. I felt very odd on two legs, almost unblanced.

"I'm Embry." A young boy said, holding out his hand.

"Ahna." I replied, shaking it.

"You missed all of the excitment of his phasing." Jarred said sarcastically.

I looked at him confused, Embry blushed and Jarred continued, "After he nearly bit his mom's head off, he ran into the forest, making us chase after him and right into the path of another crazed wolf that looked like it had rabies. Truthfully I think it was the same one that tried killing you, and then Sam."

"We managed to chase him off, and haven't seen him since, but I have this feeling that he is still out there." Sam said.

"We went looking for him, to finish this whole mess, but never found the bastard." Paul said.

"Do you think he will continue to be a problem?" I asked.

They were silent for a while, then Sam replied, "We have to assume so. We have no idea what is wrong with him, or even if we can catch it. We need to kill him before he starts hunting humans. And having both him, and vampires on our doorstep is becomeing way too much to deal with."

I nodded, "I could hunt him for you."

"No!" Sam said quickly, which I had anticipated.

"Listen," I interupted him, "I have the most experiance out of everyone here. I can keep this wolf away, freeing you all to focuse only on the leech infestation. And it will give me something to do to keep my mind from...other things." I explained.

Sam eyed me carefully, clearly not liking the idea, but I knew that he couldn't argue with my reasoning. I grinned like a loon when he finally agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really just a filler, and super boring, but the next one I actually have planned out! It's gonna be really long and action pact so just hang in there with me!