Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Squealing tires and dented metel

It had been a few weeks since Sam had found me in the woods. I could say that I was quite happy in La push. Of course, I never forgot about my homeland, but being with my best friend kept the pain and homesickness at bay.

The elders didn't like me, besides Billy, he was pretty cool. But they allowed me to stay, seeing as Sam pretty much took charge and told them to suck it. Well, not in those exact words, but close enough.

I fit in pretty well here. I mainly kept to myself, or Sam. I helped him just as much as he helped me. I taught him control, and about pack stuff, as much as I could anyway. All packs were different of course.

Paul soon joined our little growing pack. That was...fun to say the least. Then Jarred was soon to follow. We were as close as family.

"Ahna!" Paul whinned, "I'm soooo hungry!!!"

"Then learn how to cook!" I snapped, "I'm not your slave."

We were all lounging in Sams small hut of a house. It was raining outside, of course.

Paul rolled his eyes, "I'll go order a pizza." He sighed and went to use the house phone.

"Maybe I should go shopping. We do need some food..." Sam said, slouching lazily in an arm chair.

"Ask Leah to go." Jarred suggested, reffering to Sam's long time girlfriend.

Sam groaned. Him and Leah have been having problems ever since I came into the picture. She was some what the jealous type. I don't blame her though. Sam did spend more time with me, not out of affection or anthing, I just related to him more being all Were and stuff like him. Leah just couldn't know the secret, which pained Sam quite a bit. He wanted to tell her. But the elders had forbidden it, which I didn't totally understand. Everyone, Were or not, knew about us where I came from.

"I'll go." I volunteered, "I need to get away from all the testosterone."

Sam rolled his eyes, but handed over some cash and gave me directions to the supermarket in Forks, then handed me his keys. "Don't wreck it." was all he said, and I was off.

I drove all over Forks, looking around. It was the first time I had been there since I had joined Sam. It was a rather small town, so small you really couldn't even call it a town. It was easy enough to find the supermarket.

I quickly got a whole bunch of stuff, mostly junk food. I had an enormous sweet tooth. Then I headed back to Sam's car. As I was putting the groceries away, I suddenly heared a screeching of tires and looked up intime to see a car loose control on the rain soaked road and come crashing into me before I could react.

The impact sent me flying and I landed painfully on my still sore left arm, but other than that, I'm pretty sure I did more damage to the car thean it did to me. My head just sightly spun in shock.

Carefully I stood up, lucky for me, this town was so small, no one was around to see what happened. Of course, the squeel of tires and sound of crunching metel was enough to bring the few people out of the store to see what had happened.

Sighing I quickly walked over to Sam's car as if to examine the "damage" seeing as no one would belive that I had caused the damage to the sleek, black 2010 mustang. I knew Sam was gonna kill me, but I had no choice. With out letting anyone see, I popped a few dents into the fender.

"Oh my god are you ok!?!" The brunette guy driving the car hurried to my side as if I were in mortal danger. He had super pale skin, and copper eyes with a tinge of red in them.

Vampire.

I didn't have a propblem with vampires like my pack did, but he did just almost crush me...kinda, not really, but if I were human I would have died.

"What the hell?" I hissed, "How does a vampire loose control of a car?!"

His eyes widened until my scent finally registered with him and he visibly relaxed, realising that I couldn't possibly be that hurt, "I...uh...was trying to show off..." He gestered to the petite, spiky, black haired pixie looking vampire that was now standing on the other side of the car.

I rolled my eyes, guys.

"Is everyone ok?" A man with short brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a police chief uniform hurried over.

"We're fine officer." I reasured, "Just a few dents, no bodily harm." I tried not to flinch as I moved my arm and gave him my best, innocent smile.

He humphed, but seemed convinced. Then the pixie talked him out of giving tickets. The benifits of being a leech.

When he left and our audience disperced, she turned to me, "You're hurt?" She motioned to my arm.

"Old injury." I said gruffly, rubbing the sorness away.

"Our father is a doctor. He could look at it for you?" She suggested, as another car full of vampires pulled up. She must have already called.

"Alice, Devin? Are you two alright?" A male vampire with slicked back blonde hair and a kind expression asked, eyeing me. He was obviously the leader.

The another male with honey blonde hair and liquid gold eyes got out and stood next to them, almost protectively as he glowered at me.

"We're fine, and ease up Jazz, it was our fault. My vision disappeared as we pulled into the parking lot..." She looked confused, "Im psychic." She answered my questioning look. I nodded.

"Ya... we kind of slammed right into.." Devin looked at me.

"Ahna." I provided.

"Ahna." he nodded.

"And you are all right?" The leader, who I still didn't know the name of, asked.

"Wolves are a little more durable than yoou think." I said softly, feeling slightly uncmfortable under the honey blond's unwavering gaze. I think that was what he was going for because he smirked. He must be able to feel emothions.

Moving always hepled me feel less vulnerable, it was a nervous habit, so since the audience had gone back to their own business, I went to work popping the dents back out of Sam's car, using only my right arm.

"I should head back. Sam is probably worried." I said, "He's my...alpha." I answered the silent question, having a hard time calling anyone my alpha.

"Well Ahna, it was nice meeting you. You don't seem as...hostile as the others. I'm Carlisle by the way. This is Jasper, and you've already met Alice and her mate Devin."

"It was nice meeting you also. And I'm not from here, thats probably why." I laughed, got in the car and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was kind of a filler, but I had to introduce the Cullens in some way. I know it was boring and kind of sucked, but the next one will be much better! I promise. And Omg I'm pissed! Colton got voted off American Idol!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!