Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Poison

Pain laced down my front leg with every step I took. I was limping heavily, each breath I took rushing out in a huff. Tremors ran down the length of my body and I was getting increasingly dizzy.

I had no clue what kind of dicease that wolf had, but I swear, if I caught it, I'd track him down and rip his head off. My thoughts brought a growl to my throat, causing the Cullens to cast anxious looks my way.

"She's debating on finding the wolf that did this and kill him." The bronze haired vampire that I hadn't met before asnwered their questioning looks.

Realising that he must be a mind reader I quickly blocked my mind, much like I did when I wanted privacy from the pack. Then I continued enjoying my dark thoughts in peace.

It took a while, but we finally made it to a big, almost mantion looking house with a lot of windows. It was really pretty. Very, un-cliche looking.

Alice quickly ran inside and came back in a flash with clothes for me to change into, seeing as I had destroyed mine much earlier in the day. I nodded a thank you, carefully taking the material between my teeth and walking behind a tree to change.

The clothes she had given me were brand new looking, and about a size and a half too small, but I was glad i had something to wear, even if they smelled like a very stronge type of bleach. After I was dressed I walked back over to them, my vision growing blurry, blood still flowing out of the vicious looking wound with no sign of stopping. I stumbled as I reached them and would have fallen if Jasper hadn't caught me.

"Get her inside quickly." Carlisle said, and Jasper picked me up bridal style and ran me to what must have been Carlisle's study and sat me in a chair.

I glanced up at him greatfully then grimaced upon seeing his very expencive looking t-shirt ruined by blood.

"Sorry." I muttered as Carlise went to work on my neck/shoulder area, jestering to his shirt.

He shrugged, casting me a rather charming smile and said, "Don't worry about it. Alice never lets us wear the same shirt twice anyway."

"The blood doen't bother you?" I asked, trying to keep my mind off of the needle tugging at my skin, pulling it back together.

He seemed to realise that I needed a distraction because he kept talking to me, not acting annoyed at all, "Your blood smells too weird for me to actually be bothered by it. It's too alien."

I tried to smile, though it tuned out more like a grimace as Carlisle finished the last stitch.

"How do you feel Ahna?" The doc asked.

"A little weak, dizzy." I answered.

He nodded, "That's normal for blood loss. You should feel fine soon, you started healing rather quickly around the last two or three stitches."

I sighed in relief, hearing that I had started healing again. "Good. I was starting to worry that I wouldn't heal like usual."

"What did this to you?" He asked as he took a sample of my blood from a rag and put it under a microscope.

"Another Were. A really old one. He was sick. Foaming at the mouth, stumbling in confusion." I explained. "I was just walking around, alone when I saw him. He attacked for no reason."

"You weren't in his territory?" Carlisle questioned, not looking up from his scope.

"No. There was no scent of anyone claiming that land. He would attack, then look confused as to why he was attacking, then shake it off and attack again."

"Hmmm. Well, whatever sickness this wolf appeared to have, it doesn't agree with your blood." he said, looking up. "It was attacking your bloodcells around the opening of the wound, which would explain why it wasn't healing. It had some sort of numbing power to it, freezing your antibodies and preventing them from fighting back. It appears that eventually it wore off, since you started healing again."

My brow furrowed in confusion, "But what would cause that?"

Carisle sighed, "I have no clue. It didn't look like any decease. It looked like poison."

"Poison?" I questioned in a whisper.

"Yes. But, I could be wrong." he looked worried.

I left soon after that, thanking them for their help on my way out the door. I was worried about the pack, I needed to warn them about the rogue wolf.

I ran as fast as my human legs would carry me, which was faster than human pace, but still relatively slow. I couldn't shift, under doctors orders since I was still healing at a slower pace than normal, so he didn't want to risk one of my stitches ripping open again.

Eventually I did make it to Sam's, and I burst through the door to see Leah slap Sam right in the face and then jump around holding her hand in pain.

"Are you ok?" I asked worried as i walked in.

"You stay away from me you homewrecker!" She skreeched, pointing a finger at me, a wild look in her eyes.

"What?" I asked, very confused.

"You stole him form me! This is all your fault!" Then she burst into tears and ran out. I stared after her in bewilderment then looked to Sam who had a distraught look on his face.

"What was that?" I asked.

He shrugged, looking guilty, "I told her that we should take a break, and she flipped. She automatcally assumed that I was leaving her for you. She never gave me a chance to explain."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. And that was when he seemed to notice the stitches, and stench of vampire of me, as well as the clothes that obviously weren't mine.

"What the hell!?" He exclaimed, "What happened to you? And why do you smell like leech?"

I went into my mile long explanation, suffering through his many interuptions, and defending the Cullens.

"Carlisle saved my life Sam. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here." I said, exasperated.

He grummbled unintelegently then said, "Fine, they have a tiny bit of good in them, but they are still our enemies!"

I just rolled my eyes, "Whatever you wanna believe bro. I'm going to sleep. It has been a very long day."
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. I've been in a blah mood. Blah mood = blah chapters. lol. On the upside, getting married in 3 days!! woo.