Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Emily

It had been a few weeks since the incident with the sick wolf, and no matter how much we searched, we couldn't find him. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing, it meant that he couldn't hurt any of my brothers, but it also meant that he could be anywhere, perhaps even in Alaska. That thought scared me. He could be injuring my old pack and I wasn't there to protect them like usual. That didn't settle right with me.

After a while, my fears subsided. I was able to heal from it with no side effects besides slow healing for a few more days and a little pain around the wound area, so I figured my old pack could just as well.

'I'm telling Emily tonight. I don't care how the elders feel about it. She's my imprint, she deserves to know the full thruth.' Sam thought to me as we patrolled the border line that seperated Quilette territory from Cullen territory.

I nodded, 'That is probably the best idea. You should invite her to go on a picnic with you or something romantic.'

'Hmm. I don't know. What if something happens and I loose control with no one around to stop me?' He worried about Emily's safety.

'Sam I know that you would never dream of hurting Emily. Your whole wolf self will even flinch at the very idea of it. It goes against nature.' I said softly.

It was true that it goes against nature, but truthfully, I've seen it happen before. The wolf in question hadn't gotten angry, not at his imprint, but someone in the same vicinity. It hadn't turned out well.

'See!' Sam exclaimed having seen my thoughts, since I had forgotten to block them.

I mentally rolled my eyes, 'Then it would be safer for you to be alone with her.'

Sam was very stubborn when he wanted to be. But I understood his worry. He was a new werewolf and still had control problems. He may be better at it than Paul, but he still had his moments.

'Then invite her to our house.' I said, calling it "our house" for the first time. I did live there with no intention of moving out after all, 'Sit her down over a cup of tea or something and start a conversation.'

'But...'

'No buts.' I interupted. 'I'll be right upstairs if anything goes wrong.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So later that night, Sam had asked Emily over for tea and cookies, which I had made seeing as Sam had no baking skills what so ever. They had came home together while I was reading on the couch. I quickly slipped upstairs without either of them noticing. Sam was too busy staring dreamily into her eyes, and she was too human to notice.

I sat at the top of the stairs, my super human hearing easily bringing every spoken word to my ears.

"These cookies are delicious." A soft femal voice spoke first, breaking the awkward silence below.

"Thanks." Sam muttered disrtactedly, "Ahna made them."

"The girl you left Leah for." Emily's tone suddenly became hard and accusing.

"What?" Sam questioned, confused. "N...No. No. I didn't leave Leah for Ahna, she's like a sister to me. And I didn't ask you here to talk about Leah." His voiced was pained. My heart ached for him in sympathy.

"Then why did you invite me here? What is this about Sam. I'm sure you didn't bring me here just to show off your "sister's" baking abilities." She was sarcastic now. I didn't blame her. I was surprised she had agreed to come in the first place.

"I...I..." He was struggling to find the right words.

"That's it." I heared her say, followed by the sound of a scooting chair and footsteps.

"Wait!" Sam suddenly said, "I'm in love with you!"

I slapped my forehead. Idiot.

"Good bye Sam." She said in a cold voice, and I decided it was time for me to intervene.

I moved so quickly human eyes wouldn't be able to see and I appeared right next to Sam. Emily screamed, jumped back, and stared at me wide eyed, her hand cluching her heart.

"Please Emily." I pleaded, my voice soft, "Just hear him out."

She nodded, mouth hanging open in shock, and she slowly sank back into her chair.

As Sam told her everything, I took the time to study the indian girl. She was very young, maybe 18, and really pretty. Her skin a beautiful russet color, and completely flawless. She was slender, with soft curves. Her hair fell in smooth ebony waves down her back, and she stood at a good height, around 5'6. All in all, she was beautiful.

"So you are telling me that you can turn into a giant wolf and because of that you indented on me and now we are bound?" She asked very confused. I almost laughed.

"Imprinted." Sam corrected, sounding hopeless and defeated. He thought she didn't believe him.

"It's a little more complex than that." I helped out, "A wolf imprinting, is two souls finding their mates. You are perfect for each other, destend to be together. You are that wolf's everything. They live, breath, and fight for just that person. Being away from an imprint causes unimaginable pain to both parties."

Emily seemed deep in thought for a very long time, and Sam hung his head, fearing the worst.

"So, is that why I haven't been able to get you out of my mind since I saw you a few weeks ago?" She asked, slowly.

Sam looked up quickly, "You've been thinking about me?" he looked extremely happy, like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time. Emily seemed to notice.

I whacked him upside the head muttering "Idiot."

"Yes, that would be why." I answered.

"And where do you come in?" She turned her dark brown eyes on me, not sounding hostile, but not souding overly friendly either. Obviously Leah had been saying some not too nice of things about me to her.

"I'm a wolf as well. I come from a pack in Alaska." I answered, avoiding any detail at all, "Sam saved my life after I had an...accident in my home land. I've been helping him through this transition, seeing as he was alone when I first got here. He's my best friend. There never has been, nor will there ever be, any romantic feelings there."

She looked almost relieved to hear that and it made me hopeful that she would exept Sam.

"So would you like to go on a date with me?'' Sam asked her.

"I would love to." She answered with a smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night I walked in my wolf form to the border of our territory and looked across expectantly. I had been coming here around this time almost every night, unknown to Sam or Paul, to meet with Jasper.

I found myself unfathomably drawn to the honey blond vampire. I enjoyed his company almost as much as I enjoyed Sam's. We had been meeting to hunt togther, run together, or just to talk.

He appeared out of his side of the forest a few minutes later and I jumped across. The pack would never allow him on our side, so I always crossed over for him, but only when he was with me. I would never come across without his permission.

I landed beside him with a soft thud and quickly went behind a tree to change back and throw on a sports bra and some sweats.

"So what would you like to do today?" I asked.

He smiled, "I was thinking some hunting. I feel like rubbing my superior skills in your face."

I laughed, "You are so on. I'm about to deflate that extra large vampiric ego of yours!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg I actually got a comment. I am so STOKED. lol. Anyway, this one was really just to show how Sam and Emily got together, in my story at least. I'm gonna write my take on how she got her scars in the next chapter. remeber, comments = love =D