Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Caught

I enjoyed my time with Jasper. It was a happy, carefree time. But, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

"Ahna?" Came Paul's voice, tight with barely suppressed anger.

I looked up shocked from where I sat next to Jasper on the river bank seperating wolf territory from vampire on their side. Paul was standing in just shorts looking at me with disbelief written all over his face.

"Paul." I whispered, knowing he would go right to Sam. Knowing Sam would be furious. And fearing losing my best friend.

'I'm an idiot.' Was the only thought in my head as Paul ran off in search of Sam and I quickly followed, wanting to tell my side of the story too. I couldn't lose Sam. He was like a brother to me. Why the hell did I risk that just for a vampire that I felt drawn to?!

We ran all the way to Sam's house, me right on Pauls heels. We burst through the doors, frightening Emily enough for her to scream, causing Sam to look at us angrily for frightening his imprint.

"Ahna has been hanging out with a vampire!" Paul exclaimed before anyne else could talk.

"What?" Sam asked, looking dumbfounded.

"I saw them on the Cullen's side having a nice chat. Probably telling him all our secrets. The traitor!" He shot that last bit at me, glaring.

"Sam I can explain! He's just a friend. And I have never told one little thing about the pack you ass hole!" I shot back at Paul.

Paul was shaking badly and we were in each other faces, both looking murderous.

"You've actually been seeing a vampire?" Sam asked quietly, looking quite shocked.

I looked at him, desperation clear on my face, "Please Sam. We started talking after they saved my life." I half lied. I had hung out with Jasper right before the attack.

"You have been hanging around our ememy?" He questioned softly. And then suddenly, he was no longer Sam. He flew at me in and explosion of fur, teeth bared, fur bristled.

I was too shocked and confused by Emily's painfilled scream to react fast enough and he landed on me, his claws digging into my shoulders, teeth clamped around my neck. The smell of blood filled the air, but I knew that it wasn't mine. It was far too human.

"Emily." I managed to choke out, which instantly had Sam off of me and back to human form.

He ran to her side, naked, and picked her up. She was uncontious, blood caking the whole right side of her face.

"She needs to got to the hospital!" I exclaimed, snapping him out of his shocked state and taking Emily from him as he threw a shirt and pants on then quickly took her from me.

He rushed her to his truck, Paul and I following, our quarrel long forgotten. Him and I hopped in the back as he sped off to the hospital in Forks. Worrry plegued my mind. What if she didn't recover? What if she died. Even if she lived, she woud have scars for the rest of her life.

We arrived at the hospital only a few minutes later, Sam driving like a maniac. He parked and rushed her inside, both of us following.

Carlisle was the first doctor to get to her, though I wasn't sure how Sam would react to that. He started to argue, but I put my hand softly on his shoulder.

"If anyone can save her, he can. He's the best doctor here." I said.

Sam looked at me, desperation clear in his eyes. He didn't argue any further. Carlisle cast me a grateful glance before rushing Emily to intensive care.

Sam drifted to the waiting room, his face oddly pale, his eyes dead. He sunk into a chair and buried his face into his hands. He started to shake, but I had no worries of his phasing. I could hear his soft sobs, to low for any human to pick up, and smell the salty scent of tears.

I sat next to him and rubbed his back gently, "It'll be ok Sam." I whispered. He didn't answer but allowed me to continue to sooth him.

A few hours later, Carlisle returned and told us that Emily was going to be fine. Sam calmed down a lot, but still had an ashen look to his face. He mummbled a thank you to Carlisle who nodded and walked off.

Sam didn't immediately go see her like I thought he would. Instead he looked at me with bloodshot eyes, his gaze flicking to my torn up shoulders that I hadn't even notice, having been too preoccupied with worrying about Emily. They stung badly.

"I'm sorry." His voice was hoarse and broken.

I shook my head, "I shoudn't have been seeing Jasper, especially without you knowing about it."

"But that is no excuss for hurting you or...Emily." A tear slipped down his cheek.

"Emily is going to be fine Sam." I reasurred.

"But you are not healing." He noticed, my sports bra drenched in blood. I had my hair covering it, not letting the humans notice. I knew that Carlisle knew. He obviously could smell the blood but he knew that our priority was Emily.

I sighed, "When an alpha attacks another alpha, the wounds heal slowly. It has something to do with determining who is strong enough to lead."

"You're an alpha?" Paul asked. Even Sam looked interested.

I nodded. "An alpha is usually born. Only in special cases like you guyses is one made. I was alpha of a pack in Alaska for a good fifty years. Then a lone alpha who had no pack decided that he was strong enough to lead. He proved to be right. And a pack is only big enough for one alpha."

"That's why I found you nearly dead on our territory." Sam said.

"Yes." I replied, looking down.

Then suddenly, both of them hugged me tightly.

"We are so sorry about everything." Sam said.

"But how come you are able to stay with us. That would mean that there are two alpha's in our pack." Paul asked.

"Because I am not a threat to Sam. I have no desier to become alpha, so his wolf is comfortable around me." I explained. That seemed to make sense to them.

Then Jarred burst in asking about Emily, and the whole incedent with Paul finding me with Jasper was forgotten.

Soon everyone went to see Emily and I went to find Carlisle so that he could patch me up. I found him in his office with Jasper. I looked at Jasper confused, and he explained, "Carlisle called and said that you had come in. I was worried about how thing were going since that one guy saw you talking to me."

"Oh. It was fine, we just had a friendly discussion." I said sarcastically.

Carlisle went to work on my shoulders, Jasper flinching at the sight of them.

"It was an accident." I assured.

"Like Emily's?" He questioned angrily. Of course Carlisle would tell him the reason I was here, why wouldn't he?

I sighed. "Yes, like Emily's."

Jasper had become a close friend over the past few weeks. We had similar personalities, not to mention this tug that I kept feeling in my gut to be near him. I always wondered about that feeling. It was odd, something that I had only felt in the minds of imprinted wolves. But I knew I hadn't imprinted. Had I? Sure, I felt the need to be near him, but I didn't feel like I had to protect him. And I didn't have any feelings of love or devotion for the dangerous looking vamp. But everytime that I looked into his eyes, I felt like I recognized him from somewhere. It drove me crazy to think about it. But, if I did know him from somewhere, the memory was long gone.

"Earth to Ahna." Jasper was saying, waving a very pale hand in my face.

I quickly shook my head and muttered a sorry, then quickly left. I was set on getting to the bottem if this mystery.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am not sure how I am feeling about this story. It has went in a direction that I wasn't planning on it going, but oh well. Tell me what you think =D comments = love