Status: Active

The Wolf of the Snow

Panic and Unanswered Phone Calls

I stayed away from the Cullens house for the next few days. I had never been that vulnerable around someone like I was with Jasper before. It scared me. I started to get feelings for him that I couldn't exactly explain. I knew that I liked him a little bit more than I should, that part was obvious to me.

"Will you quit sulking about?" Jarred snapped suddenly.

I looked at him annoyed, "What's crawled up your ass?"

"Jarrs right Ahna, you've been down all week. What's wrong, leeches kick you to the curb." Paul snickered.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Leave her alone guys." Emily chided, bringing in a plate of cookies.

I quickly took one, giving her an apreciative smile. Her cookies were far better than my own and were sure to shut them up for a while at least.

"Is Sam back yet?" I asked.

"He should be back soon he-" she didn't finish, since the phone had started ringing.

"I'll get it." I said and walked to the kitchen and picked it up.

"Uley residents, not an Uley speaking." I answered cheerfully.

"Ahna.." A voice panted on the other side, gasping in pain.

"Sam!?" I exclaimed worriedly.

"I need help." he gasped.

"Where are you?" I asked frantically, the guys and Emily looking at my fearfully.

"In the woods, on a cell phone, explain later." he said in choppy sentences.

"I'll be right there." I said, hanging up. I didn't say a word, just leaped out of the back door, shifting before I even landed and raced into the forest, the boys hot on my heals.

It wasn't long before I picked up Sam's faint trail, leading deeper into the woods until we were on the edge of Quilette territory where we found what looked to be a campsite, torn to shreds, the smell of blood everywhere.

Sam lay bleeding from deep punture wounds in the middleof the destruction, next to what used to be a human man. The man was too torn up to have any humanly details left.

I quickly shifted back to my human form, not caring that I was naked, we had all seen eachother with out clothes on before because of shifting. I ran over to him, examining his wounds.

"These are like the bite that the sick wolf had given me." I said, grabbing Sam's shirt that was still tied around his ankle and used it to help stop the flow of blood.

"Sam?" I asked, hopping for some sort of response.

He gasped suddenly, "Wolf! Sick wolf, attacking human. Couldn't save him." He still had the dead man's cell phone in his hands, how he had gotten reception out here was anyones guess.

"Shhh, it's ok. We are going to get you home." I said gently.

His whole body went limp as he passed out.

"Is he dead?" Jarred asked.

"Not yet." I answered, "But he will be if we don't get help."

Paul cared Sam all the way back home, where Jarred had to calm down a hysterical Emily as I tried and tried to get a hold of Carlisle, or any of the Cullens really. I left a whole bunch of messages, begging them to return my calls, but to no avail. I had no idea what was going on with them, but I knew it wasn't good if they were ignoring me like this. I just hopped that the wolf hadn't gotten them as well.

"I guess it's up to us." I told everyone who was waiting impatiently for me to get off of the phone.

"Do you have any doctoring skills?" Jarred asked.

"I have some. I just hope they are enough."

It took me hours to finish and by the end Sam had finally started to heal on his own again, which really relieved me. I knew he would be fine after that. Now we just had to wait for him to wake up.

As we were sitting around the kitchen table, worring about Sam, Jasper finally called me back.

"Ahna, I'm sorry that I didn't answer, we have a situation with a small coven of vampires, what's wrong."

I sighed, half in relief that the wolf hadn't gotten them and half in worry that it was some other threat to them, "Nothing you need to worry about now, I'll explin later. Do you need help?"

"No, we have it handled. We will be back soon." he replied.

"Ok, I'll see you then." I said, then we hung up.

I went back to sit at the table once again, and the wait resumed.
♠ ♠ ♠
another one! wooo!