Undisclosed Emotions

Two

It was that fateful Tuesday, time for my film class with the very dashing James Franco. After last week’s phone call I wasn’t quite sure how this class was going to pan out. Was I going to end up shagging my professor? Or was he going to see my appearance and instantly banish me from the classroom (That was more of an exaggeration, he couldn’t really do that). He was just so mesmerizing; everything about his just captivated me. I didn’t even know him, not yet at least. It was obvious I was getting ahead of myself, but how could I not? Questions of that last phone call had been lingering inside my mind ever since.

I stood in the bathroom just down the hall from the classroom we were scheduled to meet in. Nervously, I inspected every aspect of my appearance. From my hair to my makeup, everything had to be absolutely perfect. He couldn’t see me as anything else but stunning. Whipping a brush out from my purse, I quickly pulled it through my long blonde hair a few times, smoothing it down to a more suitable appearance. Brushing a few strands from my face, I stared into my pale blue eyes.

’You can do this, don’t let that man scare you away’ I mentally told myself, ’Even if he is perfection’

Taking in a gust of air, I pulled away from the mirror and forced myself out of the bathroom. This had to happen sooner or later, I couldn’t keep avoiding it. At least if I were a total dog my voice was still sexy. Giving myself that somewhat comforting thought, I made my way down the hall. Slowly, I reached the doorway and took another minute to stop and give myself a second to breathe. This was not going to be that bad.

Rounding the corner, I walked in to see only a few people had already arrived, which wasn’t saying much since our class size was very small. The classroom wasn’t set up like a normal classroom but rather a conference room, with one large circular table in the center of the room. I chose the seat toward the back of the room; maybe he wouldn’t be able to see me as good back there. Slouching down into my seat, I distracted myself by reading. I carefully flipped through the pages of my film text for a previous class, jotting down some notes for the next class. It wasn’t until the door swung open, James breezing in, that I remembered exactly why I was distracting myself.

He shuffled over to the head of the table, hands full over various objects, coffee, laptop, brief case, etc. Setting down his coffee and opening his brief case, he sat down and began to organize himself. My eyes sneakily trailed from the text of my book over to him, watching as he prepared himself for class. He was taller in person, his hair slightly shaggy and curled at the ends. His chiseled jaw was coated with stubbly beard, giving him that rugged man look. Everything about him just radiated sex appeal. The navy sweater vest paired with a crisp white, blue pin striped button up shirt made him appear classy. He looked like the type of man you’d find by a fire place, sipping scotch on the rocks while reading Hemingway short stories. He was just so sophisticated, yet so down to earth.

“Well we’ve got a few stragglers, but we’ll go ahead and get started anyway.” James started, his dark eyes flashing upward in my direction. Instantly I glanced down, afraid to lock eyes with him. I was still very intimidated by him.

Rifling through his brief case, he pulled out a folder full of papers. Sifting through them he cleared his throat, “Alright, I’m going to call everyone so I can put faces to names. “

Moving down the list of 10 or so people he warmly greeted each and every member of the class, working his way down alphabetically. My stomach clenched tighter and tighter as he approached the M’s. He called out an L before stopping and taking a moment to pause, his lips curled into his signature half smile.

“Gemma McLaurie?” He said smoothly, this was far different from the flat tone used to call out the others. His eyes traced over every individual in the room until they land on me. My eyes flicked up to meet his, they were sparking and smoldering with interest.

“Yes, sir?” I responded, smirking at my small act of defiance. I hoped he would call me out on it. He nodded and gave me the generic welcome he’d given the others before moving on.

Disappointed, I felt my heart sink. I knew I had gotten ahead of myself. Trying to completely disregard any of my previous false hopes, I actually focused on his lecture. I ignored my brain’s attempt to trace the curves of his lips or his angular jaw, cursing myself profusely as I caught myself staring at his arse when bent to grab a dropped pen. By the end of his lecture I realized I hadn’t paid attention at all, in fact the only that I had really taken away from class was the concept that James Franco was far too attractive. Actually, that was quite unfair. How was I supposed to learn if his dazzling smile and charming disposition were distracting me (more importantly that bum of his).

“Alright guys, I’ll see you guys next week.” He said finally, standing up and gathering his papers together.

I folded up my notebook back into my satchel and stood up, following behind my classmates toward the door. My mind was moving forward onto what I would be doing after class, trying hard not to pay any mind to the rather attractive man just inches from me.

As I was about to cross through the doorway someone caught my arm, I turned to see my dashing professor. His dark eyes glimmering down at me as he pulled me back into the classroom, “Can I have a moment?”

“Uh-ye-yea” I stammered out, letting him lead me back into the room. He leaned against the conference table and smirked at me, motioning for me to close the door. Turning to give the door a slight push, I felt my blood pulsate through my veins. My skin was on fire, particularly the spot on my arm where his fingers had once been. The way he was looking at me and that devilish smirk. I had no idea what was about to happen but I’m sure I could use the extra credit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the 5 people who have subscribed. And thank you to amandap for commenting. I hope you guys enjoy it so far. :]