Love Is Blind

Welcome to the Family

Gerard POV

I'm so excited right now. My younger brother Mikey is coming home from college for the summer. I haven't seem him since my birthday at the beginning of April. Now, at the beginning of May, I was glad I was going to have him around.

He sent my mom and I a letter a week ago, saying that he was going to bring his good friend Frank with him. He was a year younger than Mikey, but they have been friends since Frank started.

Of course I didn't read it, because I can't. I've been blind since I was three. I don't know how it happened. Hell, the doctors can't even explain it. It doesn't bother me though. I'm perfectly fine the way I am.

I got up off the couch and made my way into the kitchen. Mom was in there making Mikey's favorite; veggie pizza. I haven't had it in forever. With ease, I found the kitchen table. I've lived in this house my entire life, so I know where everything is. Being blind, you have to learn to rely on your other senses, and not just your eye sight.

"Hey, ma. When is Mikey suppost to show?" I asked, fumbling around with the salt and pepper shakers.

"His plane just landed, so they should be here any minute now." As soon as she stopped talking, I heard two car doors slam out front. I heard the cab that they took pull away a moment later. I have very good hearing, if you didn't guess that already.

"They're here," I told my mom. "You go get them. I'll get the table ready."

I herad her walk over to me, and she kissed me on the ckeek. Even though I'm 22, I still love, and live with, my mother.

As I heard her footsteps leave the room, I got up off the chair and made my way over to where the cabinets were. I stopped when I felt the cool surface of the counter. Reaching up, I opened the cabinets and pulled out four plates and glasses, then went and set them on the table. I did the same with the silverwear, sitting them on the table before I made my way into the living room.

"Hey, Gerard," I herad Mikey say. He walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Hey Mikes - it's good to hear your voice. And stop waving your hand in front of my face," I told him, knowing that's exactly what he was doing. He always did that, and it annoyed the crap out of me.

"You know me too well, Gee. I want you to meet Frank," Mikey stepped aside letting Frank through.

"Hello, I'm Frank." I heard a shy voice say.

"I'm Gerard," I said, sticking my hand out for Frank to shake. He placed his cold hand in mine firmly.

"Where's Kitty?" Mikey asked, rather loudly. Kitty is my guide dog. I got her when I was 14 because at that time I was doing almost everything on my own. She's a black lab, and she just turned eleven. She's getting old, but she's the best friend a guy could have.

"She's outside. I'll go get her." I turned around and made my way through the kitchen. There's a door that leads to the backyard, which is where she stays most of the day. She loves being outside.

I opened the door and stood out on the porch. I felt someone standing next to me, and I just assumed that it was Mikey.

"She's pretty," I heard that shy voice say.

"Yea," I smiled. "Kit!" I heard the squeaking of her toy stop and she scampered over to us. I got down on my knees so I was at her level. She put her nose in my face to let me know that she was there. I pet her head, and I noticed that her attention shifted to Frank. I heard him get down on his knees so he was right beside me. I started to rub her stomach when she lied on her back.

"Give me your hand," I said to Frank. I felt him place his cold hand once again in mine. I brought his hand to her stomach and started moving it up and down her chest. "She loves this."

"She's really soft," he said, and I knew he was smiling. I could hear it in his voice.

"Yea, she keeps you warm at night too. After my dad died, she would always stay in bed with me, going back and forth between Mikey and I's rooms. She kept us safe." I could feel him staring at me, smiling. It was a sixth sense I had, knowing when people were looking at me.

"You have very beautiful eyes," he said in almost a whisper. I could feel myself blushing at his comment. "I'm sorry! Was that..."

"No," I interuped him with a laugh. "Thanks."

"You guys gonna eat?" I heard Mikey say from behind us.

Frank took his hand out of mine, and I knew Mikey had been listening for a while. We both stood up, and I ushered Frank inside. Kitty followed me in, and I guess she went to her usual spot right in front of the oven. I knew that because I've tripped over her so many times it isn't even funny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you guys think! <3
Title by Avenged Sevenfold.

xoxo,
Cyanide Urgency