House of Wolves

Pretty, Pretty Star

Mikey’s P.O.V.

I was feeling lower than ever. As I walked back down the long hallways a very bad idea pervaded my mind. Quickly, I shuffled back to my room, shocked yet relieved to see that Chloe and Gerard were gone. I’d figured that they’d still be there, waiting for me to come back so they could yell at me some more, but they were nowhere to be found. I went straight to my desk and pulled out a sheet of paper and a quill. I knew I didn’t have time to think about what I was doing, because if I did I would have talked myself out of it completely. I began to write.

Dear Gerard and Chloe,

Gerard; you are my older brother, and I love you more than anything in the world. You’ve been there for me in some of my darkest moments, and you were there for me in my darkest hour. We have been through a lot of shit together, a century of shit, in fact, and I want you to know that I’ll never ever, ever forget about you. Chloe; you have been the older sister I never had. You were there for me when no one else was, and you’ve protected me from most all harm. You are one of the few bright spots in my life, and I thank you for everything, and I also love you very, very much. Jen, Bob, and Ray, I shall not forget you either. You, along with our beloved Frankie, have been the comic relief I have much needed in my life, and I will miss you guys more than you will ever know. And lastly, Tater; I will never, ever forgive you for what you did to Frankie. How anyone could do something so horrid, it eludes me. But alas, you have been good to me. Somehow, I will miss you too. I am running away, if you haven’t figured it out. I need to get away from it all, find a new life, or maybe I am going out to die. Whichever comes first. Again, I love you guys more than anything, and please, don’t come looking for me. I am sorry for any pain or regret this will cause.

Love,
Mikey


And that was it. I packed a small sack consisting of a blanket, some dried meat, some extra packets of blood, and the portrait of Gerard and myself. I said my farewells to the house, and to Frankie, and then I was on my way.