House of Wolves

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Tater’s P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning with a massive hangover. My eyes fluttered open and the world was spinning. Slowly, I got up and stumbled across the room. My head was throbbing and I just knew I was going to throw up at any second, which I did multiple times. Images from my talk with Mikey the previous night flashed into my head, and suddenly I knew what I had to do. I went over to my dresser and threw it open, searching for the small black sheet of paper. Yes! I lit a candle and held the sheet up to it. Numbers began to appear on the paper, but they wouldn’t be there for long. I ran out into the hallway and down the stairs. Despite the fact that I was in severe pain I still managed to get to our only phone and dial the number before it faded completely away. Even though I had never spoken to Gabriel, I knew it was time.

Lily’s P.O.V.

The phone rang. Funny little contraptions phones are…I never would have thought about being able to converse with someone halfway across the country. Gabriel stood up from his throne-like chair and strode over to the little ringing machine. He picked it up with a glove-clad hand and pressed it to his ear. “Hello?” He asked softly. “Really, now? Well it’s nice to talk to a fellow Vampire…Murder? I’m sorry but killing a Vampire is a felony, and the punishment is death…of course you knew that…Like I said, it is illegal in Vampire Law for one Vampire to kill another Vampire, unless the circumstances…You live with whom?! Oh, yes, yes…I remember them well, especially her…wager? You’re absolutely sure you can get her to…Well, if you get them all back here, and I can have her hand in marriage, then I shall forget about the entire “murdering” ordeal. After all, he did try to kill you first. But I must ask, none of them have notified me of this murder, why did you call…ah, I see, I see…well, get them here, and your wishes shall be granted, Love…oh, yes, pleasure doing business with you as well…So long.” He hung up the phone with a satisfying click. I stared at him, puzzled. He sighed and started back toward our table outside, his cape billowing behind him. He was grinning the grin of a five-year-old with candy, and his blue eyes were sparkling with happiness. He sat down and drew a deep breath. “Lily, my sister…you remember Chloe and Gerard?” Gerard. My heart fluttered.

“Yes, you were quite fond of them.”

“If this girl comes through for me, they’re coming back. Forever.”