House of Wolves

Absorption

Sorrow’s P.O.V.

The world was spinning around me and I was having trouble breathing. My veins were burning and my neck was still bleeding all over me. I wasn’t really aware of anything that was around me, except that I knew Gerard and the others were there, thank god. I never thought I would say that. I never thought I would want them around me ever again, but now I wanted, and needed, them more than ever. I was dying, rather I was finishing dying, and truth be told I’d rather spend eternity with them then with the fucking psychotic Matt.

With all my strength I lifted my head up and noted that I was tied to a tree. Great. I looked around and was shocked to see Bob was tied to a tree straight to the side of me. He seemed to be unconscious and was looking very blue-ish, like he was suffocating. I glanced over at Jen and Ray, who were trying to get past several wolves. “Please!” Jen would cry every so often. I knew that all she wanted to do was get to Bob, and from the looks of it, she better find a way fast.

Chloe was on top of Matt and apparently had sliced his throat almost completely open. He was still alive, he wasn’t bleeding that much, but if she cut him any further he wouldn’t be alive for long. “Just tell me how you got it. Just tell me how you got it. Tell me, and I swear I won’t kill you.” I watched as Matt looked from Chloe to Gerard to Shadow and then back at Chloe.

“I,” He hesitated, “Give the knife to Gerard.” Chloe glared at him, reluctant to give the knife away. After a moment she sighed and gave in.

“Here,” She said, handing the shining, bloody blade over to Gerard. As soon as Gerard grasped the handle and pulled it away from Chloe, Matt reached up, just as she was about to pin him back down, and grabbed her by the face. He pushed her backwards and then jumped on top of her.

“Don’t you think you’ve already killed me enough!” He screamed, spit and blood from his neck flying everywhere. “These past years have been hell for me! All because of some stupid boy’s wish to be human again!” Matt started laughing like a deranged lunatic. “You’ve always been smart, Chloe, always. Ever since you were eleven, I’ve thought you were one of the brightest, most beautiful girls.” He started stroking her hair. Chloe made a face and tried to pull away from him, but he held her tight. Gerard did nothing. He merely stared down in shock, probably trying to process what was happening. That’s what I was trying to do. With one hand Matt grabbed for something in his back pocket. “However, you were dumb enough to kick me out of your house, out of your family, and now you have tried to physically kill me. I don’t like that, love. I don’t like that at all.” It seemed to happen in slow motion. Even though it was so quick and so final that none of us saw it coming, not even Chloe. Matt swung a rather large knife out of his pocket and jammed it into Chloe’s chest. She screamed bloody fucking murder while Matt literally was laughing so hard he was crying. Everyone was stunned; Jen and I were crying, and even the wolves looked shocked. Matt stood up and grabbed Chloe. “Goodnight!” He cheered tossing her lifeless body off to the side. Gerard just kept staring at the ground where Chloe had been alive just moments before.

Chloe was dead.