House of Wolves

An Ode To No One

I'm back from NC <3
-------------------------------------
Gerard’s P.O.V.

Her skin was as white as the moon. Her eyes were vacant as the seas. Blood was pumping out of her chest at an alarming rate, only to slow down but never completely stop. My sweetheart, my love, my one and only, was dead. Her eyes were wide open, her hair was tangled around her face. She would never love, she would never laugh, she would never cry, nor dance, ever again. I had lost one of the only things that meant anything to me in the world. I wanted to rush over to her, to hold her in my arms, to pump the blood that was seeping out of her back into her body and force her to stay alive, but I knew I couldn’t. I was about to break down, shut myself off, end my life with the knife she had handed me just moments before. I was about to die with her. I looked down at the knife, ready to slice my own throat, when I was suddenly filled with an enormous amount of anger and malice. I looked straight into Matt’s eyes. I would avenge Chloe’s death, and then I would kill myself. “BASTARD!” I roared, hurling myself at him, unable to control myself in any way shape or form. We landed on the ground and rolled several feet, right into the crowd of wolves. I tried with all my strength to get the upper hand and get on top of Matt but I just couldn’t do it. He punched me across the face, breaking my nose, and using the two seconds I cried out to knock me on my back and sit on top of me. Again, he was winning. “YOU FUCKING BASTARD!” I screeched, doing the only thing I could do; I started crying. I was still trying to get him off of me, I was wriggling and kicking at him, but I couldn’t get him to budge. “DAMN YOU!” I roared hoarsely, overcome with grief and exhaustion.

“Too late.” Matt said desolately. “You’ve all caused me enough shit. You really think I like living out here with Wolves? You’re fucking mistaken. I hope you look forward to death. In fact, I hope all of you look forward to death.” I tensed up, expecting him to jab his knife into my skull and twist it around and around and around. Though, the physical pain would never compare to what I was going through emotionally.

“Gerard?!” A familiar voice cried out, terrified. Everyone looked up.

“M-Mikey?!” I shouted back, glad that he was here. I hear Matt snicker. With a slight shove, he got off of my back and staggered over to my little brother. I gathered all of my strength and got up slowly, taking a quick, painful glance at Chloe, and followed him.

“Shadow!” Matt shouted. The gleaming white Wolf jumped out in front of me and bared it’s fangs. I kicked at it's head, but it swiftly dodged me and promptly began to gnaw on my leg.

Mikey’s P.O.V.

We followed the direction of the scream. I thought it would lead us closer to finding my brother, but I didn’t think it would lead me to this. Matt. Fucking Matt. I hadn’t seen him in forever. In fact, I had basically forgotten about him… He was sitting on my brother, oddly enough, with a knife to his head. “Gerard?!” I called out, just wondering why I was amongst a man wielding a knife to my brother’s head, an entire pack of wolves, some weird lump on the ground that looked way to much like a body, and Bob and Sorrow tied to trees. Wait. Sorrow! FUCK!

“Mikey?!” Gerard cried out. Matt’s head jerked up and I swear I saw him grin. He got up, tucked his knife into his pants, and came towards me. I couldn’t move. Gerard also got up slowly and painstakingly, looked at the lump, and then came after Matt. Rather, he tried to. Matt called his wolf to block Gerard’s way, and when Gerard tried to kick it, the wolf attacked his leg.

“Sorrow!” I called out. She was staring at me, tears flowing down her cheeks. She didn’t look well. The veins in her arms and face were black, and that could only mean one thing. I tried running to her, but Matt stuck his arm out and blocked me.

“Mikey!” Matt cheered, clasping his hand on my shoulder. “You made it!” I made a face. “So how’ve you been all these years?!”

“Wh…what the hell’s going on?” I asked, surveying the scene over and over again. I froze and counted everyone there. Bob, Jen, Ray, Gerard, Sorrow, and... I looked at the lump and my heart sank. Oh, no...oh, no, no, please!

“What the hell’s going on, you ask? Oh, I’m just getting my revenge!” He said, grinning like a five-year-old with candy. My stomach dropped.

“F-for what?!” I blurted out, stepping away from him.

“Ooooh! You mean you don't know?!" Matt snickered, flashing a toothy grin at Gerard. "You never told your dear baby brother what you did to me?" Matt reached out and grabbed me and pulled me close to him. I struggled to get away. "Your brother here beat me up, for no reason. Over and over and over again, Mikey."

"That's not true! I-" Gerard began to shout, still struggling to get the wolf away from him.

"He abused me, Mikey. I just had to get away!" He said dramatically, pulling me closer and closer, until I could feel his breath on my face.

"I didn't-"

"He's a liar, Mikey. Think about it. How many people has he hurt over the years? Why wouldn't he hurt me?" I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything. I wanted to believe my brother, but it was true. I thought about what he did to Frank, his black eye and his gash. If he could do something that horrible to someone as innocent as Frankie, why wouldn't he do it to Matt and then lie? I looked at Gerard, who had finally just stopped trying and let the wolf stand guard. His hazel eyes glazed over. I wanted more than anything in the world to believe him. He was my big brother after all. But Frank. He did do it, didn't he? But he's not like that anymore...but...he was...back then...all those years ago...he was so angry...why would he lie to me?!

"Why, Gerard?" I asked as tears sprang to my eyes. Gerard's hazel eyes grew wide.

"Mikey! I didn't do that! I swear! Please, you can't listen to this asshole! I was trying to-"

"Don't listen to him Micheal! He's playing you for a fool, can't you see? You're going to be next if you keep listening to him." I shook my head. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"No, no, NO!" Gerard roared. "IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, JUST LOOK OVER THERE!" He pointed at what I suspected was the corpse. "He. Killed. Chloe." Those words seemed to come out in slow motion. It wasn't possible. No one could kill her. She was my best friend, my sister. She couldn't be dead. "He's lying, not me! Mikey, I swear-"

"What does that have to do with me lying? So I killed her, what of it?!" Matt sneered. "Gerard's still the fucking liar, and you know it Mikey, I can tell-"

"Get away from me!" I shouted, shoving Matt as hard as I could, propelling him backwards and making him fall over a couple of Wolves. "Everyone, everyone, just get away from me!" I backed up about ten feet from anything and everything. I didn't know who to trust and who to fear. I didn't know who to despise and who to call my "friend". I had never been so unsure of anything in my entire life. I looked around at all of the faces, the faces of people who I come to know and love. But I saw horrible things in all of them. Gerard had been the tyrannical beast. Tater murdered Frank. Matt, who had once been a great friend, murdered Chloe. It was only a matter of time before Ray or Jen or Bob tried to do something. I mean, Frank, for god's sake, had tried to kill Tater! "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!" I shouted at everyone. It seemed I had finally reached my boiling point.