House of Wolves

October Mourning

Chloe’s P.O.V.

Frank, for the first time in his life, lay silent, still, and as cold as death itself. His body was burnt and shriveled beyond recognition; the only thing familiar about it was his lip ring. His eyes were wide open, but they weren’t the bright, gleaming hazel eyes that he had in life, they were only the lifeless reflection of his death.

Jen, Bob, Ray, Gerard, and I all stood around his small, Frank-sized coffin, struggling to keep out composure while we said our good-byes. Jen and Bob had gone first, and it was Gerard’s turn. Gerard leaned over the coffin, his tears dripping down his face and onto Frank’s. “You were a great b-buddy. Y-you were always l-like a second little b-brother to me. I just…I’m sorry for all the trouble I-I’ve caused you over the years…s-sorry for bringing you into this horrible world…that no one deserves to suffer in. Most of all, I’m sorry for…h-hitting you…” That’s when Gerard lost it. His words only came out in squeaks, as he was determined to make peace with Frank. I put an arm around him, trying to calm him down a bit. “ ‘Cause, you never deserved to be hit, ever. You were s-s-so innocent and…I just…I’m just a b-bastard…and I’m so sorry for it…I took out m-my anger on you and…just try to find it…somewhere…to forgive me…even though I wouldn’t even forgive myself…b-but I know you’ll be much happier in the afterlife. Good-bye.” Gerard stumbled off behind Jen, wiping his eyes with his sleeves. It was my turn.

“I don’t even know what to say, Frankie. You were the most genuine person I’d ever known. And, y-you weren’t just like a brother to Gee, but you were like a fourth brother to me, right next to Gerard, Mikey, and B-Bo. And losing you…is l-like losing my real brother all over again…” I stopped to collect myself, “And, there’s nothing I could say that would make me feel better about your passing. You never deserved to be “cheated” on, and your death will not go un-avenged. I can only go on the hope that you will do well in the after life, and will be able to forget all about the Vampires, but don’t forget about us, Frankie. Promise that you’ll wait for us, because our time will come. ‘Cause…I-I just don’t know how much longer I can stand life…I love ya’ Frankie, and I look forward to seeing you again. Good-bye.”

[2 hours later]

We all stood in the living room. Or rather, the other living room, for the main living room stood in ruins. We sat in silence, and I was thinking about the right way to spring my plan upon the others. Eventually I thought, Fuck it, and stood up.

“Fellow Vampires. We have gathered here on this grave October morning (AN: remembering that their morning is our night) to grieve the loss of one friend, but to guarantee the safe return of another." All except Gerard, who was still a bit shaken, looked at me, puzzled. “Mikey has let Sorrow go.” Bob let out an exasperated sigh, Ray just shook his head, and Jen just continued to stare at me.

“Why do we care?” She asked, looking around at all of us.

“As I told Gerard, she was just an innocent girl. It wasn’t her fault she was in that car accident. She was thrown into this world by mere fate, and now that she’s seen us and is roaming the world alone, Gabriel will hunt her down and slaughter her. I hate to see innocence go un-rewarded like that, so anyone who wants to help us will find her and bring her back into our arms. Inevitably she will die, but this way it can be as painless as possible. And you know how much Gabriel loves pain.” When I was sure that they all understood I gave them the rundown of the plan, warning them of all the dangers along the way.

“It doesn’t sound that hard.” Bob said, mulling it over. “It just sounds…tedious.”

“And it probably will be.”

“But it shouldn’t take too long. I mean, we know what Sorrow smells like, we should be able to track her down easily.” Ray reasoned, impatient as always.

“That reminds me, does anyone know someone who speaks Wolvish?” Jen’s hand shot up. “Jen?”

“I can.” She smiled proudly. Everyone stared at her.

“Really?” Bob asked. “How come you never told me, sweetie?”

“Well, what do you think I’ve been doing when we’re not together?”

“But we’re alwa-”

“OKAY, so, we have someone who can speak Wolvish. I figure this might come in handy with any Wolf-Keepers. So, are we all set?” The gang thought about it for a bit.

“Wait,” Ray suddenly blurted out, “What about Tater?”

“Oh, come on, like Tater gives a damn about Sorrow, I mean, Sorrow got the guy Tater really loved.” Jen said, rolling her eyes. Ray nodded.

“Well, I’m in.” He said, throwing his hands in the air.

“Same,” Jen said, nudging Bob.

“Ugh, but…FINE.” Bob mumbled. Jen grinned.

“Alright, we leave as soon as we get out gear packed. Everyone bring a gun, a knife, and Gerard get some rope. We meet back here in…let’s say thirty minutes.” I said, as everyone headed off to get ready.

This was going to be a long night.