House of Wolves

Filler

Gerard’s P.O.V.

It was exactly 10:30 when we all met up outside of the mansion. Jen, Bob, Ray and I had guns. Chloe had decided to faire with just two sharp knives, knives that her brother had given her before he died. “What, no gun, Chloe?” Jen asked, sliding her fingers down the smooth metal of her medium sized killer.

“Too barbaric,” Chloe shook her head. Jen gave her a weird look. “No offense, but I would rather fight my enemies up close and personal, rather than shoot them from a mile away. Besides, any enemy of mine doesn't deserve a fast death.”

“Talk about barbaric…” Jen mumbled, sliding her gun into its place along her belt.

“Okay, our mission is to save Sorrow, no one else. My plan was to split up, Gerard and I would go one way, Jen and Bob the other, and Ray could patrol the road, just in case she’s still on it. With our luck she’s probably not, but-”

“Why do I have to be alone?” Ray interrupted with extreme dissatisfaction. Chloe stared at him, eyes narrowing.

“Why? Are you afraid of the dark, Toro?” Bob asked, messing up Ray’s fro.

“No. I’m not. I just don’t see why I have to be alone.”

Fine, you can go with Jen and Bob.” Chloe growled, rolling her eyes. Ray made another face.

What now?”

“Well…they’ll…be making out the whole time and-” He stopped short. Chloe was giving him the look of death. “Um…never mind.”

Good. Are we all set? Gerard you got the rope, right?” I nodded, tugging at the rope that was currently serving as my belt.

“Alright, let’s go find us a human!” Jen cheered enthusiastically, and began walking in the right side of the woods. Bob followed into the darkness after her, and then Ray. As soon as the dark forest had swallowed them whole, Chloe and I disappeared as well into the left wing of the forest.

Jen’s P.O.V.

It had only been an hour and I was already sick of looking for Sorrow. I thought it was completely pointless. Just because Chloe didn’t want Sorrow to die, shouldn’t have meant that we had to look for her. I mean I didn’t particularly give a damn about her, so why should I have had to look? She was just some stupid girl, why should I have cared? Then again…it is sort of sad…ugh, I hate these moral dilemmas!

I could hear Bob’s stomach growling. “You didn’t bring any food did you?” He asked, rubbing his belly, wincing. I shook my head, suddenly wishing for food myself; I hadn’t eaten since the night before. Bob sighed and kept walking.

“She could be anywhere!” Ray moaned, biting his nails. “She could be where Chloe and Gerard are, she could be in the town by now, she could be right in front of us, or we could have already missed her, or maybe-”

“WE’LL FIND HER!” I snapped, becoming very irritable, not wanting any more negativity. “Just. Stop. Talking.” Ray backed a few feet away from me, mumbling something about Vampire PMS. I rolled my eyes and continued to push my way through the thick layers of trees and vines.

Finally we came to some sort of a clearing. It wasn’t very big; it could maybe have fit six people. We decided it was a decent place to rest before we moved on. Bob collapsed on the soft Earth, as Ray and I sat down as well. “Ugh…I don’t know how much longer I can go without blood…” Ray cocked an eyebrow. I felt worry flood through me in a sudden torrent.

“How long has it been since you fed, Hon?” I asked, scooting over to him and running my hand through his soft blonde hair. His face was flushed and he was sweating like mad. He shook his head and took a deep breath.

“Four...maybe five weeks…” He croaked, choking back tears.

Five weeks?! BOB!” I cried out hysterically. Vampires were, in theory, supposed to drink at least three times a week, but a Vampire could go one to two and a half weeks without feeling the side effects of not feeding. Any more than three would just be unbearable, and dangerous too. “Why haven’t you fed?! And don’t you try and tell me you forgot!” Truly, I wanted to slap him as hard as I could, just for being so stupid.

“I don’t know…don’t know…I just haven’t. I’ll be fine though.” He tried to sit up but immediately cried out when he did. He tore at his hair with his fingers, grimacing. “My head!” It was one of the side effects. Actually, it was pretty much the side effect, along with nausea and delirium.

“What’s happening to him?” Ray asked, reaching out to poke Bob’s shoulder. I slapped at his hand.

“Didn’t you hear? He hasn’t eaten in five weeks!” Ray looked at me and I could tell he was drawing a blank. “You know, when you don’t eat for three weeks or more you get a headache, right? And it just keeps worsening and worsening until you either feed or you go blind. What the hell is wrong with you?! I...ugh.” I shook my head and turned back to Bob. “It’s gonna be okay, we’ll get you some food, alright?” I assured him, rubbing his back. He nodded, though I could tell he was in agonizing pain.

“Jen…” He mumbled, his blue eyes widening and filling with tears.

"Yeah, sugar?" I rubbed his back some more, trying to calm him down. Tears began to fall from his cheeks and onto the soft ground beneath him.

"I don't want to go blind."