House of Wolves

Bullet With Butterfly Wings

Jen’s P.O.V.

It only took us a little under an hour to get to town. For the first time in my life I had been glad to be a Vampire, otherwise it would have taken us a lot longer, and the thought of Bob being in such agony for such a long time would have killed me inside. We found our victims quick; they were two rather large males who were prowling the streets for their victim. We took them down in a matter of seconds and hauled them off down the street unnoticed. It was a bit of work, and it definitely took us longer to get back to Bob then we’d originally thought, but I kept going. I just kept imagining the look on his face when he saw what awesome food we brought for him. He would be so relieved. Though, it took every ounce of my self-control to not drink the men myself.

It took us around an hour and a half to get back to the clearing. It was hidden pretty well and we were only going by scent, and even then Bob’s scent wasn’t very strong. “We almost there?” Ray asked, panting. He’d decided to take the biggest guy. I nodded, also panting.

“Yeah, I think so.” Sure enough, not a minute later did we finally reach our destination. I pushed my way through the trees with one hand, and I finally burst through, ready to see Bob, hoping he was okay. I got to the other side, dragging Bob’s dead fat meal behind me, and screamed. He was gone.

Matt’s P.O.V.

“Shadow, you could at least help me!” I growled, dragging the muscular blonde guy in the dirt. Shadow merely looked at me and shook her furry white head.

“And what are you expecting me to do?” She asked, in that sickeningly dignified tone of hers.

“I don’t know! Just…push or something.” I groaned, my arms getting weaker by the second. Shadow nuzzled her way under the man and lifted his torso onto her back. I held his legs, and sighed with relief.

“You’re welcome.” Shadow noted sarcastically, I shrugged her off.

When we were just nearing the campsite I stopped and dropped the man, causing a puff of dirt to rise. Shadow grunted and ran out from under him, her white fur now tarnished. She began frantically licking herself, and mumbling incoherently. “You are the only Wolf on earth that finds the need to be clean.” I commented rolling my eyes. Shadow either didn’t hear me or didn’t care so I went back to figuring out how to get the guy tied up to a tree or something, or hidden in my wooden shelter without Sorrow noticing. I knew that she knew the man; they had the same recognizable scent. The funny thing was the man had years of the scent of those people on him, where as the girl was fairly new. I suppose they cast her out too, the bastards. “Shadow, go get some rope, but do it quietly so Sorrow won’t know we’re back.” She was about to argue but I growled at her to just do it. She hung her head and went. But before she went she turned to me and said,

“This girl…she is making you…how do humans say it? Crazy?” Before I could retort she ran off, gone in a flash. I shook my head and started to look for the perfect place to hide the man. He was suffering from lack of blood, so I knew he was too weak to fight or yell for help. Though, I wanted him to yell for help, I wanted all of those bastards to come running, for I had a few things to say, but Sorrow couldn’t know he was there or she might run away. I decided that the best place was tied behind my shelter, facing the lake. That way, if he were to break lose he’d fall and, in his condition, drown in the lake. As soon as Shadow was back with the rope I put my plan into action.

“Shadow, distract Sorrow. I don’t know how, just find a way.” I snapped impatiently. She hesitated. “Now.” With a look of disdain she ran back to our clearing for the second time. I lifted the man onto my shoulders and lugged him through the woods, towards my shelter. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Shadow nuzzling Sorrow, keeping her attention elsewhere. In a few short minutes I made it to the crudely made wooden shelter, and laid the man behind it. I got the rope and cut it, tying the man’s hands behind his back, his feet together, and then fastening him to the back of the shelter. I stood back and marveled at my handy work for a few seconds, before running back to the clearing and putting my most important plans into action.