Status: New chapter for at least two comments :D

I Can Hear Your Soul

Chapter 1

*2 years ago London, England*

I sang into the mic in front of me. It was sound check and Arizona was late.

"Can I get this turned up in my in ears please?" I strummed a few notes and hummed into the mic.

"Perfect, thank you!" I saw the door open and in walked Arizona with a bag of Subway.

"Well look who finally decided to show up!" I called. She rolled her eyes before motioning behind her and I saw a group of people walk in.

"Ari I thought we only took three people, not ten bajillion." Ari snorted before hopping up onto the stage.

"Now's not the time to mention our sexual escapades sis," now it was my turn to snort,"Simon asked to show the finalists a day in the life of pop sensations Arizona and Dakota McMillan." I nodded.

"Well, for starters we've gotta dish out your punishment." I said with an evil grin.

"What? Why? I was showing these guys around, plus I got you sustenance!"

"Yes, I graciously thank you for the wonderful tasting sustenance, but you were late for sound check and band call, punishment must be served or everyone will start to think we're priveledged youngsters."

"I thought we stopped doing the punishment after you'd been late to band call three weeks in a row."

"No, I was just never late after those three weeks. Now, Will!" I saw a head pop out from side stage.

"What's up, babe?"

"Ari here was late to sound check was she not." an evil smile came on Will's face. He disappeared before popping back out, wheeling out a storage box thingy with wheels. Arizona groaned before trying to back up. Will opened the top of the box, I pushed Ari in front of me by the small of her back. She huffed slightly before climbing into the box. Will closed the lid and locked it quickly. I ran to the other side of the stage and waited for the box to spin over to me, I pushed it back over to Will. After a couple more times of pushing the box bank and forth, and spinning it a few more times I took pity on my sister and stopped the box. I opened it and helped her out. She took a step forward and immidiately tripped and fell. I burst out laughing, Ari sent a glare at me, or past me really.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when someone is late to sound check. Now, why don't you all tell me how X Factor's been." I said, sitting down cross legged on the edge of the stage. Ari wobbled over to me and sat with one leg folded under her and the other hanging over the edge of the stage.

"It's absolutely amazin'!" came an Irish voice.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch any of your names. I feel so rude now." Ari said, holding a hand to her chest, she seemed to obviously feel bad that she hadn't even found out this group of people's names.

"I'm Harry" said a male voice, he gave my sister a cheeky smile. I made a note to keep an eye on this boy.

"This is Niall, Liam, Zayn, and I'm Louis." said the boy next to Harry.

"I assume you guys are the boy band right?" I asked. They all nodded excitedly.

"Yes, there's been quite the chatter about you boys around England." I said with a nod.

"I'm Rebecca," said a woman I gave her a kind smile, she was the only girl left.

"And I'm Adam, it's such an honor meeting you two," Adam said.

"Pish posh." Ari said with a wave of her hands. I snorted and nudged her with my elbow.

"Shut it, it's my turn to talk fart nugget!"

"I didn't say anything turd." I said with a laugh. I turned my attention back to the group before me. I could tell they all would be going somewhere big one day, even if only one won, they would all surely get a recording contract, if not with Simon, then with someone else.

"Anyways, back to Adam. From what I can see you're older than the two of us, it's an honor to meet all of you. We just got lucky."

"How did you two make it so big?" Harry asked.

"Harry! That's rude!" Liam said, slapping the boy upside the head.

"No no it's fine. We started singing together two years ago when I was sixteen and Ari was fourteen. We'd started putting up videos on YouTube and eventually someone with Simon's record company found us and told him about us. By that time we'd both decided we wanted to go into music together, not as solo artists. So we made a demo and sent it out to all these different record companies. We got signed to some small label, they ended up dropping us within two months. About a week later we got a call from one of the people that had found us and went raving about us to Simon. He told us that Simon wanted to hear us, but was doubtful. We flew over here to Simon's office, auditioned for him. He said no, but unfortunately for him, we don't really take no for an answer and we just pestered him until he signed us in late September." I said, Ari's phone buzzed and she looked down at her IPhone. It was a text message from her best friend, Lucy.

"Lucy ha detto 'che ti manca come una ragazza grassa su una dieta manca di cioccolato.'" I laughed lightly before giving her a reply.

"Dille 'mi manca così tanto che vuole lanciare un sasso che dice che mi manchi il suo viso così lei saprà quanto fa male perdere la sua.'" I told her. Ari burst out laughing, as well as Niall, before typing furiously.

"Sorry, for the interuption. So any of you know where Uncle Simon went?"

"Uncle Simon?" Adam questioned.

"Simon has become part of the family since two years ago. We Italians are pretty family oriented." I answered. Though I'm pretty sure I didn't actually anser the question. Ah well, Simon's been Uncle Simon for a long time.

"Simon just went to find Isabelle for our schedule for the week." as if knowing we were talking about him, Simon walked into the room like he owned the place, which considering how rich he is he probably could.

"Hey Uncle Simon." Ari and I chorused.

"'ello girls, how has the world tour been?" He said kissing both our cheeks.

"Exhausting," I said dramatically,"traveling to different time zones tires you out."

"Yes, that's the payment for people loving you."

"Oh the ever tiring life of Ari and Dakota." Ari said, putting a hand to her forhead and leaning onto me. I shoved her off and she glared playfully at me.

"You two need to get ready for your concert, I'll take over from here." I nodded and left the room with Ari.

"I think everyone in that room is going to get a recording contract." I told Ari. I saw her nod in my peripheral.

"They all seem so down to earth and genuinly nice. I hope we get to work with at least one of them in the future."

"Yes, that Harry fellow seemed quite interested in you." I said with a smirk. Ari blushed and said shyly,

"No, he was just being nice."

"Yeah, and Alex and I don't secretly make out in my hotel room when they come to visit." I said, referring to the lead singer of All Time Low. Alex and I had been dating for a little over six months, and our relationship was going well, considering we were both on tour. The boys would be flying in tonight to hang out with us for a little over a week.

"How you holding up?" Ari asked quietly. I let out a sigh, staring sadly farther down the hallway.

"I miss him a lot, but we're still calling each other before our performances, and before we go to sleep." Ari nodded before wrapping her arms around my middle while we continued to walk down the hallway in silence. It was times like these that I really loved being able to tour with my sister. I couldn't fathom how many breakdowns I would've had to go through alone without her. But we were Dakota and Arizona McMillan. We were pop sensations world wide, and we were only sixteen and eighteen. And yet we still managed to have the same problems as regular teenagers.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the crappy return chapter. But I hope you guys like it. I changed the story slightly...okay a lot. But also I've changed the part about this being a Louis fanfic. I don't really wanna have him without Eleanor, and I really wanna keep ATL in this, so she will be dating Alex Gaskarth, end of discussion.