Wanderlust

three

Usually when they get home from a trip, Alex doesn’t leave the bed for two days. Jack doesn’t ever think much of it – he just assumes it’s because Alex is upset over the fact that he’s not traveling anymore and he’s back home and has to go back to his everyday life. For a little while, at least.

The day they get back from Seattle, it’s a little past three in the afternoon and Alex takes to his bed as soon as he can. Jack watches him from their bathroom, smirking as Alex just strips down to his boxers and crawls into bed, curling up right in the middle. He resists the urge to climb in next to him and finishes unpacking his toothpaste and other toiletry items before heading back out into the hallway to go back downstairs to the kitchen. He finds the past few days’ mail sitting on the counter and stupid little notes from Rian with smiley faces and excessive exclamation points. Jack would say that his girlfriend wrote them if it weren’t for the fact that Rian just is that girly.

There’s nothing interesting with his name on it so he figures he might as well go over to Zack and Martin’s place and relieve them of their babysitting duties. Plus, he just really wants his dog back. So he grabs his car keys from their spot on the counter and leaves a sticky note stuck onto the fridge that tells Alex his whereabouts – just in case Alex decides to wander downstairs in search of water. It’s unlikely but Jack just likes to be prepared. He’s not as into the whole ‘I’m missing come figure out where I am’ thing as Alex is. And good thing too, because he figures if he were that’d be a bit too much.

Martin and Zack live in a small two story house about ten minutes away, on the other side of town, closer to the beach. They graduated from the same college and were always pretty inseparable so it wasn’t that surprising to Jack when they decided to rent the home together. Especially since it was so close to the beach and equally as close to Martin’s job at one of the biggest law firms in their county. He’s just a secretary/personal assistant, but he’s considering law school at some point so the job can only benefit him in the long run.

Zack’s car is in the driveway when Jack pulls up outside, which is weird because Jack’s almost positive he had mentioned going to the library as soon as woke up that morning. He’s recently decided that he wants to go to medical school, so he’s been studying for the MCAT’s. Jack has no idea what those letters stand for or what kind of a test it is but Zack has been freaking about it so he figures it’s gotta be pretty hard. Martin swears Zack has practically sold his soul to the library, that’s how often he’s there.

It takes three minutes after Jack knocks for the front door to be opened, and when it finally does, Jack contemplates just turning around and forgetting all about picking up his dog. Because seeing Martin in his boxers and covered from head to toe in pink glitter is not something he neither expected nor wanted to see.

“Um. I could come back if now’s not a good time,” Jack teases, tilting his head as he takes in Martin’s strange appearance. “It looks like someone poured glue all over you and rolled you around in glitter.”

“Well…kind of. My boss’ kid has some sort of project due tomorrow and for some reason my boss couldn’t be assed to do it herself so she asked me to do it and it involves copious amounts of glue and glitter and feathers. My bedroom looks like…like a pre-teen girls.”

Jack laughs, “Well I’m sure doing this project for some bratty kid will definitely get you in your boss’ good books. Where’s Zack? I thought he was going to the library today?”

Martin turns and nods, heading for the kitchen and Jack follows behind. “He was, but he woke up late. He’s in the shower right-”

“Martin! The water’s going to get cold if you don’t get your ass in here!”

Martin freezes, his eyes going wide and his cheeks burning red. He awkwardly runs his hand through his hair and glances down the hallway and then back at Jack. “Um. I-”

“Do you two often share showers? Is it a ‘save the environment, shower together’ sort of thing?” Jack smirks just as Daisy shows up at Martin and Zack’s back door, her tail wagging and her paws scratching at the glass once she gets a sight of her owner.

“It’s not-”

“Swear to God, Martin, if you two did anything while my baby was in the room…you’re dead,” Jack warns, walking over to the back door and sliding it open. He picks Daisy up as soon as she’s at his feet, cuddling her close and smiling over how much bigger she seems from when he left last week. “I missed you so much!” he coos, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. “I hope Martin and Zack didn’t traumatize you too much.”

“Jack-”

“I’m just going to leave now, I’ll show myself out. Make sure Zack gets that glitter off your back, yeah?” Jack pauses, a small smile on his face as he watches Martin fidget and shift uncomfortably in front of him. "Dude. You don't gotta look like your mom just walked in on you giving your secret boyfriend a blow job. Relax, will you?"

"You're...okay with it?" Martin asks in a tiny, unsure voice. "Like, it doesn't bother you?"

"Why would it?" Jack lifts the backpack filled with Daisy's things off the counter top. "Just do me a favor and don't have sex in front of my dog. Tell Zack I say hey, alright?"

And Jack leaves Martin in the kitchen and let's himself out, anxious to get home and tell Alex what's going on. He's not going to believe it, Jack realizes as he buckles his seat belt. He was never nearly as convinced as Jack was about Martin and Zack having a thing, so without proof it'll be difficult to make him buy it. But hopefully after that awkward run it, there will be plenty more to come.

Daisy is clearly excited to be home. Or, that's just how Jack will interpret her peeing on the floor the second he puts her down in the kitchen. His baby gets overexcited - it's not her fault. But he'll keep this little mishap to himself because knowing Alex, he'll laugh about it for days.

However, he's in the middle of cleaning the mess up when Alex appears in the kitchen doorway. He coughs and Jack looks up, finding his boyfriend in clothes that are definitely not his.

"Did you get lost on your way to your dresser or do you just enjoy stealing my things?" Jack teases, crumpling up the used paper towels and tossing them into the garbage can.

Alex ignores him, walking over to the fridge and pulling it open. He grabs a bottle of water and turns back to Jack with a sleepy grin. "I see your precious Daisy peed all over our kitchen floors. I thought she was trained, Jack?"

"Hey, leave her alone. She's just excited to be home."

"Sometimes I think you love her more than you love me."

Jack knows Alex is teasing - can tell from the tone he's using - but he still shakes his head and after he's finished washing his hands, he puts both hands on Alex's hips and presses him up against the fridge door. "Pretty sure I love you more than anything," he says quietly, making Alex smile. "Are you jealous of a little puppy?"

"A little," Alex responds, "But I'm sure you can think of some ways to reassure me?"

He pretends to think about it, let's his hands slip underneath the t-shirt Alex is wearing as he leans back slightly. "I dunno. Why don't we go back upstairs and see what I can do?"

Their trip upstairs is not exactly graceful and Alex almost falls backwards down the stairs but they make it, and land on their queen sized bed in a pile of tangled limbs and wandering hands. If Jack weren’t certain that they have a pretty great and consistent sex life, he’d think Alex was deprived of it with the way his hands grab at his hips and his lips attack his. But no, Alex is just a total slut.

“You can calm down,” Jack suggests with a laugh, letting Alex pull his t-shirt over his head and toss it over the side of the bed. “We have all day.”

“Faster we do it, faster we can do it again,” Alex points out.

"You're insatiable, aren't you?"

"You know I can't decipher big words. Shut up and get undressed."

It takes thirty seconds for Jack to strip Alex of his clothes and toss them onto the bedroom floor. His own clothes come off much more slowly, Alex's hands taking their time and tracing every curve and slant of Jack's body. He does this every time - acting as though this will be the last time they're ever going to be intimate like this. As flattering as it might be, sometimes Jack just wants to smack him.

"Come on, baby. Let's get this show on the road, yeah?"

Alex shrugs and snaps the waistband of Jack's boxers against his skin. "Okay."

"Fucker," Jack pouts, rubbing at the spot and then pushing Alex on to his back on top of the mattress. "You're gonna pay for that one." He stands up and pushes his boxers down and kicks them off his feet. He reaches into the bedside table drawer and pulls out the almost empty bottle of lube.

"I should buy more," Alex mumbles as Jack lies down on top of him. He wraps his legs around his waist and arches his back, "I guess we have sex too often."

Jack shakes his head and pushes Alex's legs off of him as he un-caps the lube. "Not often enough in my opinion." He coats his fingers and leans down, pressing his nose against Alex's cheek and his fingers against his opening.

One finger pushes in easily and Alex sighs happily, arms lifting and reaching behind him to grip the railings of their headboard. "More?" He asks politely, his breath hitching as he does. His lips curl into a smile as Jack complies with his request. He adds a second finger, twisting and scissoring the both of them to start stretching Alex out a bit.

"You look so good like this," Jack mumbles, lips pressing soft, smooth kisses across his boyfriend's collarbone. "Wish I could keep you like this all the time."

"Pervert."

"Slut."

Alex glares and opens his mouth to defend himself, but as Jack presses in another finger, all that comes out is a whine of Jack's name. His hips press down against his fingers in an attempt to get more contact. Jack smiles to himself, proud that he can get Alex so flustered in such a short amount of time.

He makes quick work of preparing Alex. Four fingers is usually what it takes to make Alex turn into a writhing, panting mess in the middle of the bed, begging for Jack's cock like he hasn't had it in years, not days.

"Come on, Jack," he pants as he wraps his legs around Jack's waist. His ankles press into his lower back, showing just how eager he actually is. "Make me feel you for weeks."

And Jack is moving as fast as he can, but with Alex talking and rubbing up against him, he can barely get the cap off the lube and pour enough out to coat his dick. "Why do you always rush me?"

Alex just groans loudly and drops his legs from around Jack's waist. He sits up, puts both hands on Jack's chest and pushes him backwards until he's lying flat on his back and looking up at Alex with a bewildered expression.

"You were taking too long," is Alex's only explanation as he moves so he's straddling Jack's hips, hands on Jack's shoulders. "Besides, you love taking me like this. Don't you Jack?"

"I- well-"

Alex reaches between them and takes Jack's dick in his hand, lining himself up and glancing up at his boyfriend. He barely gives Jack a second to prepare himself before he's moving again, pressing down and taking Jack's dick almost in one go. "Fuck," he mumbles as he adjusts to Jack's size. They haven't done it this way in a while - it's a different angle and everything feels different. Better, somehow.

Jack tries catching his breath, hands coming up and trailing over Alex's chest and stomach, eventually stopping at his erection. "You okay?" He asks, breath catching.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just...just one second," Alex stutters, letting his hands grip Jack's shoulders tighter.

The mood has switched from rushed and eager to more careful and subdued and Jack kind of likes it much better this way. As much as he loves when Alex is all dirty talk and fast movements, he'd much rather have the time to take it easy and appreciate him and his body.

"You're gorgeous," he says softly, reaching up and brushing Alex's hair away from his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay," Alex nods to himself, " I'm good."

He's all slow, fluid movements and quiet, whining noises and Jack can barely handle the view of Alex combined with his facial expressions. He likes this position best - likes that Alex is in control.

"God, baby," Jack pants, fingers tight on Alex's slim hips, assisting him in his movements. His mouth moves faster than he can keep up and before he knows it he's saying, "I love you so much. I love you so much I want you to marry me."

Alex doesn't bat an eye or give the words a second thought. Or maybe he does and just chooses to ignore it, because he just throws his head back and move his hips even faster, arching his back and resting his hands on Jack's knees behind him. And maybe that's for the best.

---

It's almost seven at night by the time they finally have no more energy to do much other than lie down and stare at the ceiling. Jack sighs, wraps his arm around Alex's waist and pulls him closer, ignoring the sweat covering their bodies. "So. I have something to tell you."

"Is it a bad something or a good something?" Alex questions, curling up into Jack's side. "Did you have sex with me just to get on my good side so you can drop some bad news?"

"No, stupid. I went over to Zack and Martin's to get Daisy and well. Martin was sort of like. Covered in glitter...and he said something like 'oh Zack's in the shower' and then out of nowhere Zack is shouting for Martin to come join him in there and-"

"Maybe they're into the whole 'saving the environment' thing?" Alex suggests, smirking. "You know I can't believe this until I see it with my own eyes."

"I'm serious! I swear, Alex, they're hooking up! I'll prove it-"

"Whatever, Jack. What does it matter to me if they are or aren't? I've got you and that's all I really honestly give a shit about."
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment? :))