The Last of the American Girls

Birthday Bash

“Alisa! Come dan wiff me!” Marissa, my best friend, was dancing in the middle of a huge mass of people. I sighed, she was smashed, yet it was my 21st birthday. I didn't want to drink too much because I was afraid I wouldn't be sobered up by the next night.

I set down my drink. I guess the celebrating could wait, but I wasn’t going to stop having fun just because she wanted me to dance. I made my way over to her and started dancing. “I can’t believe that you’re this smashed when it’s MY birthday.” I said as I spun around while holding her hand.

“Wah can I say? You frow a gre bass!” She slurred her words without laughing, but I couldn’t help giggling at her. “Wah?” She said after I stopped laughing.

“Are you gonna be sober enough for the concert tomorrow night?” I asked and she jumped up and down excitedly. I chose to take that as a yes. “I can’t wait to hear his voice, or see his sex god of a body.” I gushed at the thought.

“Don ge yur hops up.” She said and I knew what she meant. Billie was a married man with kids. What the hell would he ever see in a college girl who had wet dreams about him?

“I know I know. But it’d be amazing to see what he’s like in real life, or just to speak to him. My life would be complete.” I spun around and a boy that I recognized caught my hand and pulled me to him. “Um.. Hi Andrew.” I managed to say as I caught my breath.

“Hey. Happy birthday Alisa.” His voice was like velvet and it made my heart melt. I’d been crushing on this boy for months. But I hadn’t been the one who invited him here… I turned to look at Marissa who just laughed and smiled. I figured as much.

“Thanks.” I managed a smile and hoped that he didn’t feel my heart pounding through my hand. “You’re welcome to the bar or the non-alcoholic beverages over there,” I pointed at the refreshment section that had taken over half of my kitchen.

“I’ve never actually been to your house.” He stated as he walked around the area. “How is it that you can afford this place?” He asked curious.

“My father owns it, he lets us rent so long as we do upkeep and pay all the bills.” I smile and pointed to Marissa. “That and I have a roommate, so that I don’t get swamped under everything.”

Andrew looked at Marissa who was downing another beer. “Is she always like this?” He asked with a smile.

“Whenever alcohol is in the house, she’s a lush.” I said trying to hide my laughter. His smile made me blush. “Well… Anyways, I hope you enjoy the party.” I turned away from him, to go back to my drink. But to my surprise he followed me, and when I turned to ask him why he just shrugged and gave me another dazzling smile.

“I figured since it’s your birthday I should give this present to you directly.” He handed me a messily wrapped gift.

“You didn’t have to get me anything Andrew.” I say blushing, as I wasn’t accustomed to getting gifts on my birthday. I carefully un-wrapped the gift and smiled when I saw it was a Green Day hoodie. He must have noticed how beat up my old one was. “Thank you so much Andrew.” Whether it was the booze or the fact that I was way too happy, something made me kiss him. I drew back quickly, “Oh gosh… I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me.” I could feel all the blood rushing to my head as I blush a deep red.

“It’s alright. Don’t sweat it.” He was grinning and I felt like a moron. Then he leaned in and kissed my cheek. “Happy birthday again, I should get going. I have to work in the morning.” I nodded and he was gone, leaving me holding a hoodie that smelled like him.

“Wah wa tha?” Marissa asks as she hangs on my arm. “You kissed him!” she said instantly coherent. “I never thou tha, tha wou happe!”

“What, me kissing him?” I asked with a raised eyebrow as I downed my drink. She just nodded but her mind was distracted when she spotted a cute boy. I sighed and waved her away, and then I grabbed another beer. I wasn’t about to be sober at my own 21st birthday. I smiled took my hoodie to my room. Tomorrow would be the best day of my life, though tonight was seriously a competitor.

I unlocked my door and smirked because I’d had the sense to lock it before the party. I closed and locked it back up then I sat on my bed. Any normal teenage girl would be making out with a guy on her bed, but I was fantasizing about the concert tomorrow. I couldn’t wait for the chance to speak with Billie Joe Armstrong backstage. I squealed with delight, my father had outdone himself with this gift. He didn’t normally get me gifts but, when I begged him and played the abandoned child card, he couldn’t exactly say no.

I downed my beer and sighed, hopefully nobody burned down the house. I put on my hoodie and laid in Andrew’s scent for a while. Soon I was fast asleep having awkward 3 some dreams about me Andrew and Billie.

--- The Next Morning---

I woke up with yelp and reached for my phone to shut off my annoying alarm. Then my eyes opened wide, it was the day of the concert. I needed to get my shit together to leave. I rushed around my room throwing my concert clothes and shoes into a bag and grabbing all of my necessary items that I was to take with me. A small bag that held my money, my tickets, a condom, and my pepper spray, this bag was to be taken into the concert with me while the other bag was going to remain at my aunt’s house that happened to live by the concert area.

I quickly changed out of my party dress into sweats and a tank. I threw the hoodie on over my tank and put on my flip flops. Then I grabbed the bag and walked out the door of my bedroom. I sighed at the mess that the party had left. But I had only an hour to spare to clean.

"Jeeze how did you pass out so early Alisa." Marissa asked yawning. I was happy to see that she'd gotten most of the mess picked up.

"I was tired and I knew I had to be up early to get ready to leave for my aunts house. Are you packed?" She nodded. I grabbed her bag and threw it in the backseat of the car. Then headed back inside to help clean up the party mess.

After an hour had passed the house was spotless and we set off to my aunts. Playing Green Day in the car the whole way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be appreciated. <3