The Last of the American Girls

Awkward Phone Calls & Bad Ass Moments

"Alisa?" Marissa asked trying to snap me out of my daze.

"He gave me his phone number?" I asked her, not fully comprehending what it meant.

"Oh my GOD! ALISA! HE GAVE YOU HIS NUMBER! HIS NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS?"

"No... I don't, and keep it down please." I said urgently, I'd seen what people would do for a chance to be with a celebrity. I pulled out my phone and entered the number.

"It means that you have access to him. You can text him and call him." She smirks and then I see her eyes glaze over.

"What?" I ask hesitantly.

"You'll thank me later." She grabbed my phone and dialed the number.

My eyes grew wide with shock as she threw it back to me. I ducked behind a building when I heard a phone go off.

"Hello?" His voice seemed genuinely confused.

I took a deep breath and smiled. "Just making sure you didn't give me some bogus number." I could feel my face getting hot.

"Oh. Now why would I do that?" Even his chuckle sounded like a melody.

"Oh you know, you're famous so a prank on someone like me wouldn't be surprising. I should probably let you get back to your... company. Wouldn't want to keep you from some very classy ladies..." I said with sarcasm.

"Nah. They left when they found out that they weren't getting anywhere by thrusting their breasts around."

"Like I said verrryyyyy classsyyyyy." I giggled and I heard a sigh on the other side. Followed by one of the guys saying that they had another group of people coming in.

"Well. I have to go do... celebrity things."

"Okay. I'll see you on stage soon, you better put on a good show Billie, otherwise I want my money back." As soon as the words came out my eyes grew huge.

"Oh you can bet that it will be amazing. You better be prepared Alisa." Then the line went silent. Marissa was giggling up a storm.

"You actually said that? You should have seen your face as soon as you realized...." The rest was cut off by her hysterics.

"Shut up! Look what you made me do?!" I hit her almost hard enough to not be playful.

"Flirting like I've never seen you flirt before."

"Shut up!" I said again.

"You're the one that did it. I just called him to make sure it was actually his number. You're the one who had to go all 'OHHHH Billie, be mine and only mine forever and ever and fuck me up against this wall'."

Tears well up in my eyes. "It's not like that." I say and she stops and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I know it's not. At least not now, but you need to watch yourself hun. He's married. He has kids. He -"

"He saved my life. Everything I am today is only because of him."

"I know Alisa. Just remember. Those who play with fire get burned. Besides, you have Andy waiting back home for you right?"

"No. I'm sorry but he's not interested... At least I don't think he is. I don't know anymore. All of this. I just want to be here, and enjoy this."

"Understandable. We should head down to the pit if we want to get close to the stage."

"We'll be fine. We've got these remember?" I said gesturing to my chest.

"Doesn't guarantee us an instant walkway up to the stage."

"Oh honey, it does. Trust me, I have my ways. I will be up against that stage if it kills me." She starts laughing and grabs my hand, we stand by the stage just as I'd said we would.

"See no point in being here so early." And then the masses were let into the area and soon there were people everywhere.

"No point in it huh?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

There were men standing behind us and I regretted the fact that I was so short because I could just feel them staring down into my shirt. "Vultures, vultures everywhere." I muttered which caused them to cough nervously. I noticed a girl making her way through the guys with her bra on display. She stopped behind us and coughed.

"Did you need something honey?" Marissa asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I'd like to get in front of you."

"Not on your life sweetheart. Go try to get in front of some guys instead. You'll have better luck." I said and turned my back to her.

"Bitch."

"Yup. And don't you forget it skank." I said and the girl stormed off.

"I knew that there was a reason that I kept you as a friend." Marissa said and put her arm around me.

-----Concert time-----

We’re in the front of screaming, shouting fans. I’m right in the middle, but out of the line of his mic, maximum access to all the shots of Billie. All that was left to do was hang on to my camera tight and wait for the concert to begin.

“You know he runs around stage a lot.”

“I know. But this spot has the best vantage point.”

“You’re so weird.”

“But of course, you’ve known me for how long?”

“Forever, or so it seems.”

“ARE YOU READY?!”

I turn away from my friend and scream with the crowd.

He comes out in tight pants and a large smile spreads across his face. This moment, this moment, I want to remember it forever and I snap the picture. He looks down at me and the gives a small laugh. My wrist tingles, and my heart leaps into my throat. He is everything to me… And he doesn’t even know it.

The band begins playing and I instantly know the song.

“Where did you come from/ Where have you been/ Looks like you fell into the trash bin.” Word for word I match him and he smiles down at me. I don’t ever want this to end…

We sing each and every song, I know every lyric, and I snap pictures the entire time. The concert was amazing and everyone was roaring with happiness.

“I hope you can feel it Billie. How much you mean to people, how much you mean to me.” I smile and catch his eyes on me.

“Any more staring and his tongue is just gonna fall out of his mouth.” Marissa whispered in my ear.

“Shut up. He’s not staring.”

“Honey, you’re hot, you got to get used to it.”

“Also helps that she has a nice rack.” I heard a man mutter behind me.

I bit my lip and stare at the ground, resisting the urge to kick him in the balls.

You put yourself on display for this; this is what you have to endure for this spot. I took a deep breath and then noticed that the music wasn’t playing; in fact it’s as if everyone was holding their breath.

“Hey buddy. Mind not being a pig?” I looked up and see Billie leaning down fairly close to us.

There’s no way he heard that. What was he doing anyways? “Its fine.” I hear myself say. “No big deal.” They are instant responses that a woman gives to just get out of the situation.

“No it’s not. Just back off okay.” He says as he glares at the guy behind me.

I felt very visible; I might as well have been glow in the dark. Everyone was staring at me. Marissa placed a hand on my shoulder.

“You’re fine. He stopped a concert for you. Call me crazy but that was bad ass!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo. I'm back. Here's that chapter that some of you have been waiting for.
I really have no excuse. Sorry. Hope you can forgive me.
=)