The Last of the American Girls

Car Convos

“Well now that that’s over.” Billie smiles at the crowd. “Shall we get back to the concert?” He turns around and mutters something to Tre and Mike. The music begins playing and he winks at me.

What is he doing? My heart was racing and he opened his mouth and began singing. This time I couldn’t sing with him… I could only watch his mouth moving and hear the pounding of my heart.

“I had a dream that I kissed your lips and it felt so true/ Then I woke up as a nervous wreck and I fell for you/ I’ll spend the night living in denial/ Making paper planes just for a while/ I’ll crash into you, crash into you/ Did you crash in my imagination too?” Billie sang sweetly and I felt myself begin to blush.

“Alisa…” Marissa tries to snap me out of my daze.

“I’m fine.”

“It’s a lot though…”

“I know… Maybe…”

“No. We are NOT missing that party Alisa.”

“But…”

“No buts we’re going to that party.”

“Fine… I just… Have a bad feeling about it…”

“No you’re overwhelmed over having a concert stopped so Billie Joe Armstrong could tell a guy to back the fuck off.” She smirks when my face goes even redder than before. “We’re going, you were personally invited Alisa. You don’t just turn down that opportunity.”

“Okay. Okay. We’ll go.” I mutter and face Billie again. I begin to sing with him and return to the awesome concert mood that I’d been in before.

-------- After the Concert ---------

I sit in the car and lean my head against the steering wheel. “He’s not gonna call.” We’ve been sitting in the parking lot for an hour and nothing, no word from Billie.

“He’ll call. He’s probably jus-“

“He’s not anything Marissa. We should just go home…”

“Maybe you should call him… I mean, there’s a chance that he didn’t save your number earlier.”

“So what? It’d still be in his recent call history.”

Marissa sighs, “you know for someone who worships the ground he walks on. You sure have been cranky ever since he stopped a concert for you.” She adds extra emphasis to the last word.

“It’s a lot. Okay? One minute I’m no one, just some girl who flirts with a celebrity. The next he stops everything, just to tell some fucktard to back off. What the fuck was he thinking?”

“Maybe he was thinking a hot chick who was flirting with him needed his help. Maybe you’re reading way too fucking much into it. He’s a celebrity, just calm down. It’s not like him stopping a concert means you two are going to hook up tonight.”

“That’s not…”

“That’s totally what you were thinking Alisa because you overthink everything. Why not just live in the moment. Tonight you were saved by your shining rockstar in tight jeans, just go with it. Call him and get the address.”

“Fine.” I sigh and pull out my phone and notice several missed calls. “You’ve gotta be kidding me…”

“You forgot your phone was on silent didn’t you? Smooth move ex-lax. You better call him back before he flips out thinking that some guy took you or something.”

“Ugh.”

I press call and wait for him to answer.

“Finally! Do you have any idea how long I’ve been trying to get ahold of you?”

“By my phones memory, for about a half hour. Sorry. Spaced that it was on silent for the concert.

Forgive me?”

“Not likely. But you could make it up to me by joining us at this lame after party.” I hear shouting in the background and Billie laughs.

“Doesn’t sound too lame, you sure you want us there?”

“Why would I have invited you if I didn’t?” More shouting and I hear Billie yell “I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Okay. Address?” I ask and he chuckles. “What?”

“I already sent it to you.”

“Right… Sorry. I’m apparently an idiot tonight. I’ll see you in however long it takes to drive there?”

“Yeah… Looking forward to it, Alisa.”

Click.

“So where are we headed anyways?” Marissa asks. And I check the text message.

“Umm… Apparently… a hotel… a fancy hotel…”

“Oh… well let’s go then. Can’t keep your precious Billie waiting now can we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O Sorry everyone. I'm at Uni now. But I am really getting back into writing. Especially since I just changed my major, so I hope to pick this back up again.
As always feedback appreciated. <3
It's been a while since I wrote so go easy on me. =P