Sequel: For Better or Worse
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

For the Best

I'm Gonna Be in Here Forever

..::Shannon’s P.O.V::..

I sat in my goony room staring at the white squishy wall in my now broken straightjacket. Tears fell down my face as the image of what had just happened played over and over in my head like a movie that I couldn’t turn off. I thought I was able to control the voices so much better now, but every time I think that, somebody happens that is just so much worse than anything else that’s happened. I heard Matt, I hurt him so bad. We were friends, almost. He’d stand by my cell door and talk to me, have nice conversations. He was a great person, and some of the time he made me feel like I was in jail, rather than a mental asylum. I doubt I’ll ever see him again. The sound of cracking bones and his gasps for breathe were on repeat in my head. I tried my hardest to block out the voices of Vetis, Shalbriri, Botis, Abaddon, and Proserpine. I now had it under control to the point where I could block out what they were saying when I had control over my body, which was a lot of progress as far as listening to them torment me all the time goes, but they still have the ability to completely take over my body. I can hear them talking to me when they do that, and they take complete and full advantage of it.

I was scared that I was dealing with something far more than just auditory hallucinations. It felt like something far more evil with more of an intention than just hurting people.

I folded my knees up to my chest, hoping that Matt was okay, hoping that he wouldn’t come back. That Saylee wouldn’t come back. I had forgotten about Jake in my developing crush on Jimmy. Jimmy was very nice and funny, and he joked around often about running away together, and escaping this place. At least, I thought he was kidding. If I were to be free, I’d hurt far too many people. He seemed to calm me down in a way, which surprised me, seeing as the voices occupying my head wanted me to kill everybody that came into any contact with me. They were hateful, and granted, I was not a hateful person. My time being in here and having my life taken away from me, I realize that I had taken everything for granted in my life. I fought with my parents, told them I hated them, even though they did a lot for me. It’s just what they did for me wasn’t what I wanted. I’m telling you now, I’d take whatever they threw at me if I were able to go back to my normal life. I took people in general for granted.

I always told the ones that weren’t “cool enough” to shove and I would only hang around the ones that had some good credibility. I surrounded myself by people who took drugs, and even changed myself to fit in. Saylee, though, Saylee was different. I was able to be myself around her. She was an amazing person to talk to, and an amazing friend to have. She was also the one I was urged on to kill most. It hurt, knowing that she was going to be out of my life for good. Out of all the people I would have wanted to stay around with, it would have been her. Jake wasn’t a big loss, neither was anybody else I was around. Not to mention, within getting myself put in here, I’ve almost killed Matt numerous times, and I’m sure his life would have been a lot better if I was never put into the loony bin.

Usually I wouldn’t beat myself up like this, seeing as the people inside my head have done it enough for me, but I was at a complete dead end. I was in an isolated and high- surveillance cushioned cell. There was no getting out of here. I let myself fall so that I was lying on my side, still staring at the corners of the wall. I held on to memories of conversations Jimmy and I had at night, knowing Matt was outside of the door listening in on us. My heart ached at the memories, knowing I had it so much better there than I did in here. I would never get to talk to Jimmy again, either. Maybe if I was lucky enough, the asylum would come to their senses and just end me. I was a lost cause as I human, and too much of a threat to the staff here.

I closed my eyes and let my thoughts wander to the days where I was able to hang out with my friends, sleep in my own bed, eat what I wanted, showered twice a day, where I had my life. I was barely aware of Jimmy shaking my shoulders as I was on the ground of my cell, I was so out of it, “SHANNON,” Jimmy kind of whispered loudly, “SHANNON COME TO,” he said, and his palm struck my face, but not too hard, just enough to bring me to reality.

“What the hell, Jimmy,” I said as he helped me stand up, “What are you doing in here,” I panicked, not knowing what was going on.

“I’ll explain it on the way out,” he said, helping me fully out of the broken straightjacket.

“Out?” I asked, dumbfounded.

“Yes, as in not in here, come the fuck on before they catch us,” he said as we walked quickly out of the cell, “I would give you a pistol, but I’ve got the feeling you’d end up putting a bullet in the back of my head. This way,” he instructed, “and keep close.” I was like a shadow of Jimmy’s, barely talking as we snuck out of the asylum. We came into a filthy hallway that was dimly lit, and we looked both ways, making sure the coast was clear.

“There,” I whispered in his ear as I pointed towards an exit door.

“Great. Chances are alarms will probably sound. Can you run?” he asked, and I looked down at our bare feet.

“Possibly,” I rendered, looking into the archway of the room across from us. It looked to be a janitor’s area, and I spotted worker’s boots, and I pointed again. He flashed me a huge smile as we quickly grabbed the boots from the room and pulled them onto our feet. We stood right by the exit, looking at each other as if our life was on the line. In technical terms, it kind of was.

“One,” Jimmy whispered, “two,” he looked at me with wide eyes, “three,” right as the word left his mouth, we were out of the door, and near the fence, barely being able to hear the alarm that was going off. He crouched down with his fingers laced together in front of fence, which I noticed had slanted barb wire at the top. You would think were in a prison, or that’s what it felt like. I placed my foot in this hands, and he hoisted me up to near the top, where I carefully stepped on the barbwire, happy I spotted the boots. I jumped down, landing on my back, since somehow in the jump, I twisted around. It knocked the breath out of me. I felt the ground shake as Jimmy hit it, landing on his feet like a fucking cat, the freak, and quickly helped me up. We immediately began running into the woods that was closely placed at the back of the fenced in building. My heart was pounding clear out of my chest as we ran, and I took a glance back, seeing guards running after us with dogs.

“We need to climb into a tree, and stay there until night,” Jimmy huffed as we ran along, adrenaline being the only thing keeping me on my feet.

“Yeah it would have been a better idea to have done this at night,” I said breathlessly, not knowing if what I had just said was even audible. We were in the thick forest, now, scanning for a nearby tree that would be easy to climb, and easy to hide us in.

“There,” he said, slowing down at two tall trees that were close together, with scattered branches, “we’ll have to pull ourselves up on this first one,” he said as he grabbed my waist, helping me reach the first branch, and be lifted so I was on top of it, climbing farther up using the many other branches. I could hear the guard dogs in the background faintly, and was glad to see Jimmy was right behind me. The two trees had enough trees to cover us, so the only thing we had to worry about was if the dogs had our scent. Jimmy and I were almost at the top of the gigantic trees, only being held up by flimsy little branches.

“Now would be a good time to explain,” I said faintly, so only he could hear me.

“Matt quit,” he said as I had thought he would have, “and he dropped a key into my cell, “He said, pulling a small brass key from his pocket, “and left his pistol on the floor in front of the door,” he finished explaining.

“But, couldn’t he get arrested and thrown in jail for years for that,” I asked. Not only did he break the law, he let loose to fucking mental psychos on the loose with the same problem.

“Yeah, but he’s fucking Saylee, so it’s not like that’s the only illegal thing he’s done,” he said, and my jaw dropped to my knees at his statement.

“By fucking, you mean, not going around her at all, right?” I asked, anger building up. I wouldn’t listen to the voices. I wouldn’t give in, like they wanted me to, but right now, I really wanted to hurt Matt.

“No, I mean fucking as in penis in the vagina type action,” he assured me like it was nothing.

“James,” I growled, and he looked at me with wide eyes, “She’s 16. She’s not even fucking legal,” I said harshly, trying not to let loose my anger.

“Just, calm down. I’m sure this whole thing can be sorted, but Shan, now is not the time to get mad, just keep calm and carry on. I’ll let you touch my dick if you have to,” he said, and I wanted to snort laughter.

“For-“

“Shh,” he put on hand over my mouth, and the other hand on the back of my head. My hands immediately went up to hold on to the hand he had on my mouth. In the silence, I could hear footsteps down below, and my heart was racing faster than before, hoping they’d keep moving and not stop by our tree. I was so scared, I even held my breath, as if they’d be able to hear me exhale from all the way up here. We kept like this for a good 5 minutes until it grew completely silent. We didn’t talk anymore, just in case there was somebody near us, listening out for any signs of where we were. We stayed like this for about 5 hours until it was pitch black outside, and it had been a while since we heard the guards retreat back to the asylum, “Okay,” he said as he started heading down, “still try and be quiet,” he whispered, and we managed our way down the colossal tree. He helped me once again as we got to the bottom, and I didn’t fall again, which was great, because I was just one more date with the ground away from being out cold.

“Where are we even going to go?” I asked him as we started in the opposite direction of the asylum.

“My friend Brian’s house,” he stated.

“Yeah, I have no fucking clue who he is. He could rape me or something,” I stated, and Jimmy whipped around to face me.

“Let me get this straight. You, Shannon, the psychotic lunatic who almost put Matt fucking Sanders in his goddamn grave single-handedly, is afraid of getting hurt by my best friend, Brian, who is a lot less masculine than Matt, aka the fucking Hulk. No need to reply, this case is rested,” he turned back around, “Plus, he’s one of the only people I know that will help us out, given we can’t stay there long. Maybe he can drive us out of state, to an airport, because I doubt we can stay in the country,” he said. All I could do really was listen to him explain what we were going to do and follow him through shadows of the streets, carefully avoiding any bystander’s eyes as we walked up to this Brian guy’s apartment. Jimmy knocked three times, trying to look as casual as somebody who just escaped a mental asylum could look.

A muscular girl about an inch taller than me with high cheekbones and baggy clothes answered the door, a smile turning up on her face at the sight of me and Jimmy.

“Brian, man,” Jimmy said, hugging the girl….or…..guy.

“Jimbo, come in,” Brian said as he let go of Jimmy and stepped aside, allowing Jimmy and I to come through into the apartment, and he closed the door behind us.

“Brian, this is my escapee slash partner in crime, Shannon,” Jimmy motioned to me, and the man with the particularly girly face smiled at me.

“Hi, Shannon, I’m Brian, and also hoping that you and Jimmy are not together,” he winked, and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

“Anyways,” Jimmy said, stepping a little bit closer to me, “Brian, I need to go get blonde hair dye, for both of us. We need new clothes, man, we need to flee the country.”

“Okay, what about passports,” I butted in, trying to be the logical one here, though being logical was long gone.

“I can smuggle you into the plane. I know people,” Brian assured me, and I walked over to the couch, an overwhelming need to sit down taking over me.

“Are you okay, babe,” Brian sat down beside me and started rubbing my back. I looked up with him, a glare in my eye as a familiar feeling tried to force its way into my head.

“Jim-“ I was barely able to get out.

“We need to lock her in somewhere, now,” Jimmy said. Quickly, he came up behind me, holding my arms by my side and picking me up.

“I have a cellar that locks from the outside,” Brian said.

“Okay, let’s take her there now before we’re dead,” he said as he led us to a door in the kitchen that had stairs behind it. We walked down them in a hurry, meeting with a metal door that Brian opened. Jimmy slightly shoved me into the room, and I heard a lock being bolted. I turned around and started banging on the door, not ready to face myself.

“Wait man,” I heard Jimmy say, “what the fuck do you have this for?”

“Um,” Brian hesitated, “Don’t worry about it. I’ll go get your hair dye,” he said quickly, and left. I started clawing at myself as I huddled up onto the floor, Not knowing what to do.

“Shannon,” Jimmy called out, “I’m going to be right here, babe,” he said, “I’m not leaving.” His words started to calm me down, but I slipped into an unconsciousness, so anything during going black, I didn’t remember.

..::----------::..

I was woken up by something rinsing my hair out with water. I opened my eyes to see that I was huddled over a bathtub, the smell of bleach filling my nostrils. They must have dyed it whilst I was unconscious, which I must admit was a good idea.

“Okay, “ I said, trying to stand up, and had a towel handed to me.

“Listen, we cut it too, to try and make you look as less recognizable as possible,” I heard Jimmy’s voice, and I froze in fear at what the haircut would look like. I quickly massaged my head with the towel, and removed it from my head, walking over to the mirror. My hair was blonde, short, and choppy, and my eyes darted to Jimmy’s short blonde hair. I couldn’t resist the laughs that escaped from my chest.

“I know, I couldn’t stop laughing, either,” I heard Brian say through a smirk, and then an ‘ouch’ as Jimmy punched him.

“It’s either this or go back to the loony bin so shut the mother fuck up,” he said.

“Okay, so we need to tell her what’s going on,” Brian said, completely changing the subject, and Jimmy nodded, “Okay, so I have a friend that’s going to get you onto a cargo plane. I’ve got suitcases for you two and a bunch of money. You guys are going to be going to Russia, since that’s forever away, and they won’t give a fuck about any missing lunatics from an asylum in Orange County. After things calm down here about your escape, though, you’re going to be heading to Australia,” he informed me, and I nodded.

“He’s going to be driving us to Wisconsin,” Jimmy added in.

“So when are we leaving?” I asked the only question they didn’t cover.

“Now.”

©Shannon
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

amodernmyth88
MoMo_92
Synderella28
NME_foREVer_6661

Shannon's guest chapter 2/3. Special thanks to her for writing it. c:

xoxo, Saleigh