Sequel: For Better or Worse
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

For the Best

Unraveling

Just as we got to the airport, everything was going smoothly until Brian went to get our passports out.

“Shit.” He said, looking at the one passport in his hand.

“Shit?” I questioned, not liking how he said it. “What ‘shit’?”

“Shit as in I forgot your passport.” Brian clarified, and I sighed.

“Good job, Brian.” I said and he looked at me with slightly widened eyes.

“It’s not my fault Zacky was in the middle of a breakdown.” He said and I grabbed his shoulders.

“Where’d you leave it?” I asked quickly.

“On the coffee table.” I nodded, and reached my hand into his front pocket. “Woah! Hey, wh-what the fuck?!” I retrieved his keys and he relaxed some. “What are you doing?”

“Stay here with Shannon, I’ll go get it and be back here faster than fuck.” I said, and before he could protest I was running through the airport.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Brian’s POV*^
I sighed, feeling slightly defeated that I was going to let Jimmy speed to my house in my baby- I mean my Hummer. I loved that car. Loved it so much. It killed me on the inside to think of him even getting a scratch on it. That’s something I’d cry over, though the thought didn’t have time to terrify me before Shannon came out of the bathroom.

“Where’s Jimmy?” She asked, walking up to me.

“He went back to get his passport because I forgot it and he wanted me to stay here with you.” I explained quickly and cringed away from her slightly like she might explode or something.

“He what?!” She asked, raising her voice slightly.

“He went back. But he’ll make it back in time for the flight, don’t worry.” I tried to calm her down.

“The flight’s in like seven minutes!” She said, grabbing my shoulders.

“Okay, okay, calm down, calm down.” I repeated my words, hoping if I said them twice it would be like a double tap when killing a zombie. Effectiveness meant everything at the moment.

“I won’t get on the plane without him.” She said, taking her hands off of my shoulders.

“Yes you will. I’ll book him another flight, but you will not miss this one.” I said sternly, not about to let her miss a flight because James had to go back for his passport.

“I don’t want to get separated from him.” She said softly and I nodded.

“You won’t be for more than a few hours,” I assured. “I promise.” I took my phone out of my pocket, dialing the number of the cell phone I had given Jimmy. Zacky would be there any minute, and he needed to get in the cellar and hide.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Jimmy’s POV*^
I searched throughout the whole house for that damn passport, and I had a heart attack, and jumped over the couch, hiding behind it at the sound of a blood curdling scream. Someone was in the house. Someone was in trouble. It screamed again, from right behind me and I turned quickly, pressing myself up against the fabric at a third scream. Wait… I reached around to my back pocket, and it was that fucking phone. I’d have to get Shannon to kill Brian for me. I stood up as I retrieved the phone, pressing ‘talk’.

“The fuck is up with this ringtone?! I nearly pissed myself, Brian!” I yelled at him, pissed off as fuck at the joke.

“Yea, that was kind of the plan.” He said, but then got serious. “But there are clean pairs of pants in the world, but right now you need to get in the cellar.” I was about to protest, but he cut me off. “Don’t fucking whine about it. You’ll never make it here in time for the flight, and Zacky’s going to be there any second. I’ll book you a flight out of here tomorrow, but Shannon’s going on right now. Now go hide before Zack gets there.”

“What?” I questioned, making my way towards the door.

“Just go!” Brian urged as I made my way down the staircase and to the metal door. “There’s a light switch on the right, so you don’t have to stay in the dark,” I opened the door and found the light switch, and I nearly stopped breathing. “Just stay down there and don’t say a word or make any noise until-”

“Brian,” I began, terrified out of my mind, my voice only a whisper.

“-I get there, and then I’ll talk to-”

“Brian,” I started again, my back pressed up against the wall. “Why is there a dead stripper in your basement?’ I asked and he stopped talking.

“Fuck…” He trailed off. “I must’ve forgotten to kick her out this morning.” He muttered and then sighed. “She’s not dead, just knocked out still, just ignore her and don’t bother her.” He brushed it off like it was nothing.

“What the fuck is going on, Brian?” I asked him, not concerned. “What the fuck, man?”

“Uh, she kept fucking biting in my sleep, and in order to keep all of my fingers and toes and other appendages, I locked her down there.” He said nonchalantly. “Oh and she’s a biter; took me forever to get her drunken ass in the cellar because she nearly ripped my arm off. Just leave her alone and you’ll live.”

“Brian I am not staying down here with a dead stri-” There was a click. “Brian?” I asked, panicking. “Brain, man, please, don’t hang up! Don’t leave me down here with this chick!” I sighed, pressing the end button as I took a deep breath. I’d rather hide in his closet or something. The worst thing I’d find in there was dirty clothes and shit. I turned and went to walk up the stairs, but I had shut the door. I went to turn the handle, but it was locked. I locked myself down here. In a cellar. With a comatose stripper. Fuck me.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
As I pulled into Brian’s driveway, my phone began ringing. Before I got it out I answered it, seeing Brian’s name in the screen.

“I’m right outside-”

“Zacky, I need you to come pick me up at the airport.” Brian’s voice came through.

“Why are you at the airport?” I asked him and he just sighed.

“Mom dropped my dad and me off at the airport, but I wasn’t going to let him drag me off to Florida. Dad’s on the plane, mom doesn’t know I didn’t go, so come pick me the fuck up.” He said simply, and hung up.

“Oh, sure I’ll come pick you up, but in the meantime,” I continued talking as I backed out of the driveway. “Matt’s going to break this poor girl’s heart and I was hoping since you went out without me last night, that maybe whoever you brought home was still in your bed, and I could stay with her while you go beat the fuck out of Matt, since he’s going to be charged for rape soon and become a sex offender. But sure, I’ll drive ten minutes back into town to pick you up, you sorry ass bastard.” I hung up, and sighed. Fucking moron…

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Brian’s POV*^
It was hell getting Shannon to go. But I got her on the plane, and I already had a flight booked for Jimmy tomorrow, so everything was okay. Well, not exactly. Jimmy was locked in the cellar with the mental chick I brought home from the bar last night, Zacky probably wanted to bite my head off for leaving to the bar without him, and after we get home, and he leaves, I have to deal with the biter locked in the cellar. Fun, fun, fun…

“Hey, motherfucker.” I heard Zacky’s voice from behind me, and I turned to see him standing there, arms crossed over his chest, obviously not in a good mood.

“Hey…garden gnome?’ I questioned and he shook his head.

“I should kill you, but you need to kill Matt first.” He said and I began walking towards him, and we began our journey through the airport.

“What does that mean?” I asked, looking over at him.

“Okay, so you know that girl I told you about that Matt’s fucking?” He looked over at me and I nodded. Her name was Sandra…I think.

“Sandra?”

“No, Saylee.” He corrected and I nodded, as our walk slowed down some. “Anyways, you know how all of his relationships are like…sex only?” I nodded again, not really knowing where he was going with this. “Well she’s sixteen.” I stopped in my tracks and it took him a second to realize that. He walked back to me. “Yea, I know.”

“Sixteen?” I asked and he nodded.

“Yep. She’s a kid. And he’s using her for sex, and he told her that he loves her.” I hissed, cringing at the thought. “I know, and the worst part is that she believes him.”

“Oh god, that’s gotta be stopped.” I said, and we began walking again. “Is he out of his mind?”

“Apparently so.” He took a deep breath. “I feel so bad for her, because she actually seems like a good kid, and he’s going to tear her down.”

“You know, what we do is pretty fucked up, but fucking with someone’s emotions, especially when they’re only sixteen…god that’s just sick.” I said and he sighed.

“I don’t know what’s happened to him. Not to mention, she has this psycho uncle that threatened to shove a spatula up my ass if I was fucking with his niece, and has also threatened to shove a spatula up Matt’s ass on many occasions.” I just looked over at him, slightly concerned as he slowly nodded. “He’s going through all of that for this one girl. And once he does get what he wants, he’s going to have to have a spatula surgically removed from his ass.” I cringed at Zacky’s words.

“I think I’m going to be sick.” Without breaking my stride I made a left and walked towards the bathroom, feeling my Budweiser soaked cereal making a trip up.

“I’ll be in the car out front!”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
Brian and I had a pretty nice conversation on the way back to his house, and once we got there he had to go change shirts since got vomit on his shirt.

“FUCK! GODDAMN DOOR!” Brian suddenly yelled from his bedroom, and I stifled a laugh. I began making my way towards the cellar, wondering who he brought home to hell last night. I opened the door, and walked down the staircase, and to the other metal door. I twisted the lock and then turned the handle. I walked in, and heard shuffling, and as I looked over to where the sound was coming from I was tackled, and someone drove their knuckle into my side, and I cried out.

“What the hell?!” I yelled, shoving the person off of me, as the pain in my side grew.

“Zacky?!” I heard a familiar voice and looked at who had attacked me, as they now stood above me.

“Jimmy? What the fuck, man?” I asked, breathing deeply. “You can fucking hurt someone doing-” I stopped, and looked back up at him as I sat up, realizing who I was talking to. “Jimmy.”

“Oh fuck.” He mumbled.

“Matt told me you got admitted. You’re supposed to be in a padded cell.” I stated, staring at him in horror.

“Goddamnit Zacky, I can’t leave you alone for two seconds without- oh fuck.” I heard Brian’s voice and I scrambled back, terrified. I felt someone behind me and looked back to see I had ran into a body. A dead body.

“SHIT!” I got up and ran past Jimmy and towards Brian.

“I got him!” I barely heard Jimmy’s voice as I ran to Brian before a fist hit the side of my face at an alarming speed, knocking me out cold. At least being knocked out was better than being conscious in a room with a psycho lunatic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

NME_foREVer_6661
amodernmyth88
MoMo_92

xoxo, Saleigh