Sequel: For Better or Worse
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

For the Best

Hearts Falling (Lives Ripping)

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Jimmy’s POV*^
“Nice job, Jimmy.” Brian said sarcastically as we laid Zacky on the couch.

“What the fuck was I supposed to do? He was going to flip out and you know it.” I said and he sighed as we sat down on the opposite couch. “Besides, he came down there first and I tried to knock him out then, but he moved and I wound up punched him in the kidney.”

“Great, so he’s going to be pissing blood for the next few weeks too.” Brian sighed heavily and I nodded.

“Probably so.” I confirmed and then looked over at him. “And you need to get rid of that chick in the cellar, she woke up, fucking ran at me like some kind of animal, did this to me,” I pulled up the side of my shirt, revealing a bite mark. “And as I ran away from her she ran right into the wall.” I said, dropping the side of my shirt.

“Yea, I usually don’t lock them in the cellar, but that’s why I have it.”

“What?” I questioned, not quite getting what he was saying.

“That’s what Zacky and I do, we drink and fuck.” I was about to say something but he cut me off. “Not each other!” He cleared up quickly, pointing his index finger at me, and my comment was lost.

“God you’re fucked up in the head.” I said, now getting what he was saying. Him and Zack were always close. They got drunk together, and they always scouted out girls like hunters.

“Says the guy who escaped from an insane asylum.” He mumbled, and I glared.

“I have a girlfriend who knows people who will kill you.” I growled at him and he shrunk away from me slightly, scooting an inch or two away. “Yea, be afraid, bitch.”

“Jackass…” He muttered.

“Both of you shut the fuck up.” Zacky groaned as he sat up, his head in his hands.

“Sorry about the whole punched in the face and bruised kidney, Zack.” I told him and he shook his head.

“I just want to know why you’re not locked up in a cell. I mean, I’m glad I have my friend back, but you’re supposed to be where people can help you.” Zacky said, looking up at me.

“Oh shut the fuck up, Mr. Drama Queen. He’s been fucking insane for years; they’re just the first ones who really took notice of it.” Brain snapped and I smiled at him.

“Thanks for the nice words, Brian.” I said sarcastically.

“No problem, Loony.” He grinned and I forced a smile.

“I can’t wait to get flown off to Shannon tomorrow.” I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

“Wait.” Zacky said, his voice taking on that serious tone that said he was about to state the obvious. “The Shannon that nearly put Matt in a coma is-”

“Yea, Mr. Know-It-All, she is.” I snapped, looking up at him. “Matt gave me the key to the rooms, and a pistol for me to break out, and we came here today, and it’s now like,” I reached over, grabbing Brian’s phone from his hands, and looking at the time. “Three PM, and she’s on a plane to Wisconsin and I was supposed to be on that plane, but Fuck Face here forgot my passport, so here we all are.”

“Can I have my phone back?” Brian asked and I glared at him, remembering that he was why I was still here. I took it from my pocket, stood up, turned and hurled it towards the kitchen, and it sailed over the counter and into the stairwell, clambering into the cellar as I sat back down.

“Go fetch.” I smiled.

“That was mean.” He said, and I rolled my eyes.

“You and Shannon are fleeing the state?” Zacky asked and I nodded.

“The country, actually.” I clarified.

“Well, did you know the girl that used to visit Shannon? Saylee?” Zacky asked and I nodded slowly. “Well, Matt’s-” I already knew what he was about to say.

“Oh, yea I know about that. Incredible Hulk’s gonna smash another girl’s heart. She was actually pretty nice.” I said and Brian shook his head sadly.

“I can’t believe he’s doing that…and she thinks he really loves her and that just makes everything worse.” Brian said with a sigh, and we all went quiet then as this weighed on our minds. It actually really did. Though that’s what he did. He’s always been like that. Though, Brian and Zacky would go out in a team, drag a girl home sometimes against their will, and lock the doors, so I guess the way Matt…operated was a little better. He actually got close to a girl, built up some trust, and then tore it all down, all in one night. That’s one thing that doesn’t happen with girls in one night with Zack and Brian. Trust, care, and friendship before destruction was always something Matt had on his side. He had been friends with Saylee ever since Shannon got admitted, and even through all of the years, he’s went through girls like mechanical pencil lead. He just broke them down until they were nothing, and then went to find another. But I saw the way he acted around Saylee. During my years as a guard she was all he’d talk about. Then when I’d confront him about how he talked about her all the time, he’d stop, and not talk about her at all for a day or so, then begin talking about her again. How nice she was, how sweet she was, how cute… It almost made me sick of how he had almost obsessed over her, even when she was thirteen. It was really close to being creepy as fuck. Actually, it was creepy as fuck then, but then she got older and it’s not like he was frozen in time waiting on her, so it was still kind of creepy. Now she was sixteen, and he was twenty five. I hated saying it because of age differences, but it was almost like he really did love her. But he was Matthew Sanders; he doesn’t exactly know what love is. To him it’s an easy way to lure a girl into his bed. I just prayed it wasn’t his way of luring Saylee in.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
Jimmy, Brian and I talked for a few more hours, and then finally Jimmy said he was tired, and going to bed, and disappeared into the guest bedroom, and Brian reminded me that he still had a stripper locked in his basement. After four hours of just trying to get close to her without her growling at us like a wild animal, we finally got a hold of her arms, and carried her out of the house, and she took off down the street faster than either of us could even let go of her. After that, I had just about had enough of the insanity that was going on in his house, and I told him I was headed back to Matt and I’s apartment. I really didn’t want to go back, but I was worried about Saylee. And so here I was now, walking into our apartment. They weren’t in the living room, but Matt’s car was here, so they didn’t go anywhere unless her crazy uncle came and got her already. I walked towards the hall and was extremely hesitant to peek into Matt’s bedroom. I knew she was in there. Something told me she was, and it made me sick to think about it. I looked in, and sure enough I was right. They were both in bed, wrapped up in a sheet, tangled together as they slept. I ducked out and leaned back against the wall. Tomorrow she’s going to be crushed by him… I wasn’t going to stay here for that. I walked back into the kitchen, searched the drawers for a piece of paper, and a pen, and wrote a short note. I placed it under a magnet on the fridge, and then picked my keys back up off of the coffee table, headed back to Brian’s.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Benji’s POV*^
I watched the clock as the hours went by. I told Saylee to call me two hours after I dropped her off to let me know everything was okay. It was three. Then three turned into six. Six PM turned into eight, and eight turned into ten fucking PM. I couldn’t sit and watch the minutes tick by anymore. I was pissed off, I was worried as hell, and I wasn’t going to keep waiting. I drove faster than ever to that fucker’s apartment, madder than hell, and worried as fuck. I didn’t even knock on the door, my anger wouldn’t let me, and I wanted to catch them in anything they were doing. I knew his neighbors probably thought I was a burglar, but I didn’t give a shit. I kicked the door and it flew back into the wall, and I walked in, seeing that they weren’t in the living room. I glanced into the kitchen, but no sign, still. I made my way towards the hall, opening the first two doors to find someone’s bedroom and a closet, but there was another room. I walked over to it, and I couldn’t keep calm any longer.

“YOU SON OF A BITCH!” I screamed, steaming mad as Matthew and my niece jolted awake at my voice.

“Oh shit, oh shit, oh fucking shit.” Saylee panicked, staring at me like I had lost my mind. I had. I had lost my mind waiting for her.

“Benji, please, just let us-”

“You shut the fuck up before I ram my foot up your ass.” The growled at him, and then looked at Saylee. “I told you to call me. I waited, worried sick about you, and I come up here to find this?!” I asked, and she just stayed quiet, keeping his hand captive in hers.

“Benji, sir, just let us explain-”

“There’s nothing to explain!” I yelled, wondering what in God’s name there was to explain.

“Benji, please…” Saylee begged, already knowing what I was going to do.

“Don’t worry; I’m not going to do anything right now. I’m actually going to go easy on the both of you,” I said, calming down some and letting a grin come to my face at the thought of what her parents would do to them. “I’ll leave the physical contact and verbal abuse to your parents.” I said, and the look on their faces was priceless. “And Saylee, I’m disappointed in you. I gave you some freedom, and I trusted you to come over here, and not do anything. I have a twisted sense of humor in the past with the both of you, and I understand that, but I thought you were smarter than this.” It made me sick to think of her now. “I don’t want you back in my house until you have some respect for your life and yourself. You can stay with your no good boyfriend until you get your shit together.” I said, and walked out, storming back to the living room, and out of the house, slamming the door behind me, and then making my way to my truck. I got in but didn’t start it up. I got phone out and dialed her mother’s number. I hated doing this to her, because I knew they were going to put her under lockdown after this, but she deserves it. I trusted them around each other. I trusted him around the child that’s like a daughter to me rather than my niece. I hated it. I hated it so much, but I pressed talk, just hoping they wouldn’t send her off to boot camp.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
I sighed as the door slammed shut.

“I’ve got to go catch him.” Saylee said, and got up, quickly pulling her clothes on in seconds, and not even saying goodbye before she ran out. I slowly got up, ribs aching as I pulled on a pair of pants, and walked out of my room. I didn’t want to go that far with her this early in our relationship, but I had also been holding myself back from it. I didn’t do that with girls. I didn’t restrain myself from them, at all. Saylee wasn’t just another girl to me. I loved her with all of my heart, and I hoped Zacky would realize that sometime. I walked into the kitchen and to the fridge, and a note caught my eye. I removed it from the surface and read the note.

Matt, I just want to know what kind of horrible accidents of evolution allowed a monster like you to exist.

I’ll be at Brian’s if you need me. Tell Saylee to call me after you rip her heart out and Benji’s shoved some kind of cooking utensil up your ass.

Fuck you.
Sincerely, Z.

“Yea, love you too, buddy.” I whispered to myself, crumpling the note up. Zacky hated me, and no doubt he told Brian, so Brian hates me too by now, and Benji’s going to shove a spatula up my ass after Saylee’s parents cuss me out and rip me apart limb from limb. Just a few days ago everything was fine, and now everything was falling apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

amodernmyth88
Star Angel
MoMo_92
StonerSilence
NME_foREVer_6661

xoxo, Saleigh