Sequel: For Better or Worse
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

For the Best

Fight to the End

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Saylee’s POV*^
I ran after Benji’s truck as he slowly pulled away. I ran up beside it, opening the door and pulling myself in as he then stopped.

“What?” He asked, sounding pissed.

“Benji, please. We didn’t- I didn’t- One second.” I breathed, doubling over as I caught my breath.

“I don’t know what possessed you to go crawling into bed with him, Say.” He said, and I kept trying to regulate my breathing. “He’s nine years older than you. And you’re fucking sixteen for crying out loud!” He said, raising his voice as my breath returned.

“I know that, but I love him, and…I plan on being with him for a really, really long time.” I said, and then let my voice drop, Zacky’s words from earlier today seeping into the cracks in my skull. “I think.”

“You’re just a child, Saylee.” He said, finally looking over at me. “That wasn’t sex; that was rape. And don’t even try to talk me out of calling your parents, because they’re on their way over to that jackass’s apartment right now, and you have to go back there and face them with him, or else my brother’s going to taze the fuck out of him until he blacks out, and your mother’s going to kick him in the balls so many times he will never be able to have children.” Benji’s words scared me to death. Not the violence, but that he called them.

“Y-you called them?” I asked, wanting to cry at the thought of having Matt ripped away from me. He nodded, not a word coming from his lips, and not a single emotion on his face. “How-how could you? I thought I could trust you!” I cried, fighting tears. “You’re the only person in my family that isn’t completely off their rockers, and you’re like my second father!”

“I’m sorry? Is that what you want to hear? That I’m sorry that I told your parents the truth about you for the first time since you were born?” I leaned back against the door, feeling my heart beating fast and the tears in my eyes. “You’re really like a daughter to me, Saylee, and I would never hurt you, ever, because I love you, but your parents needed to know about this. You’ve done a lot that I’ve kept away from them for your sake, and possibly mine too, but this was too much. But you’re not the only one who’s going to get their ass handed to them tonight, okay? This was just as much my fault as it was yours. I brought you over here, and I let you stay for hours, and I went fishing.” He seemed upset with himself now. “I could’ve fucking stayed, but I went fishing!” He slammed his hands onto the steering wheel. “I fucked up. I always fuck up! This is why I’ve been single all of my life, and why your parents hate my guts! And now you had a good relationship,” He looked at me, seeming almost delusional. “Maybe age was a slight problem, but still! He was a nice, genuine guy at first! And I left you alone with him, and he dragged you into bed, and sexually assaulted you, and I was the one who left you here!”

“Benji, it’s okay, it wasn’t your fault.” I spoke softly, and he sighed as the sound of a speeding car came up. “Oh god.” I groaned upon seeing the Red Mercedes drive into the parking lot at ninety miles per hour. “I gotta go.” I said and opened the door.

“Wait,” Benji said and I looked back at him. “My house is still open to you if you need me, but that monster isn’t to set foot near my house, okay?” I just nodded and closed the door and he drove off. I took a deep breath as my parents got out of the car and began running up the steps.

“Fuck me.” I muttered, and began running towards the building, breathing through my nose as I got to the brick building and began running up the stairs, gaining on my parents. “Mom, dad!” I yelled, and they stopped, and my mother looked down, spotting me as I ran up, and finally got to them. “Please, just calm down.” I begged, and she grabbed my arm, pissed off no doubt.

“I don’t think so.” She said, and wouldn’t let go of my arm as she began ranting on how it was terrible of me to run away with ‘that punk ass idiot’ and my father cut in every so often, agreeing. Finally we got to Matt’s door.

“Matt!” I yelled, knocking on the door with my free hand. There was someone running on the inside.

“Say, I swear we-” Matt stopped talking as he opened the door. “Oh fuck.” He muttered, and my mom dragged me in, pushing Matt out of the way. My father grabbed Matt by his arm and the back of his shirt, and Matt didn’t even try to fight as My mom pushed me onto the couch, and My dad shoved Matt down right beside me as they towered over both of us.

“I don’t know who you are anymore, Saylee.” My father said, his voice softly but the anger was evident and then he looked at Matt, and Matt just looked down. “But I do know who you are, you selfish son of a bitch, and I do know that you’re sick and need to be locked up in a cell.”

“This is….this isn’t sane. This isn’t excusable, this isn’t right, this isn’t good, this isn’t- you two are just- and you didn’t try to stop- of course you didn’t! You’re the fucking bastard who started it! Who lured my sweet innocent daughter into your sick lifestyle for your own sick needs!” My mother screamed at Matt.

“What?” My father asked upon our silence. “Neither of you have anything to say?”

“I’d just like to begin by saying that I’d never hurt your daughter, or take advantage of her in any way because-” There was a sound from the coffee table, and Matt awkwardly reached between my parents to get his phone. He looked down at it and pressed a few buttons before sighing, and handing the phone to me. I read the message on the screen: ‘If you take sexual advantage of her you are going to burn in a very special level of hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk in movie theaters. Love, Shannon’ I sighed, and gave him his phone back. Great, now Matt had a special place in a special level of hell reserved just for him.

“That was Shannon telling him he was going to burn in hell for taking advantage of me.” I clarified, and the confused expressions on my parent’s faces disappeared.

“That’s the truth.” My dad muttered.

“I know you guys are upset, and I know you guys want to disown me and ship me off to some camp in Australia, and just never see me ever again, but…I love Matt.” I said, and Matt took my hand, looking up at them as well. “You can do whatever you want with me, but that’s not going to change our feelings.” My parents looked over at Matt at my words.

“I love her with all of my heart. I’d never hurt her, I’d never want to hurt her, or take advantage of her. I’ve never seen a girl through the eyes that I see Saylee through.” He whispered, obviously terrified out of his mind by my parents. “I-I’ll always keep her safe as…as long as she’s by my side.”

“I can’t take this anymore.” My mother was at a point of tears. “I-I can’t- sorry. I just want you back home.” My mother choked out before she walked off, and out the door.

“I don’t know what to say about this.” My father said, looking down on us. “You’re coming home with us.” He said and I looked over at Matt, but he was thinking, and nodded slightly.

“Dad, I don’t-”

“Go with them, it’s the least you can do to…ease their worry.” Matt said quietly, and I wanted to protest and tell him no, but there was something in his eyes, and about the way he said it made me nod.

“Fine.” I whispered, and stood up, half expecting my father to slap a pair of cuffs on my hands and lead me out like a prisoner. “Bye, Matt.” I wouldn’t see him again for a while, and that killed me on the inside. He stood up from the couch and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me on the lips, and I parted my mouth, and he took advantage of the fact. After a minute or so he pulled away, a smile on his lips.

“I love you.” He whispered, and I let a smile crawl across my lips as well.

“I love you too.” I whispered, and he kissed me on the cheek before I turned back to my dad, letting my smile turn into a smirk. “Ready to go.” I said and he took a deep breath, and carefully pushed me ahead of him. I walked out the door, hoping I’d be able to somehow break out of the house as my dad followed me, closing the door behind us as we walked down the long staircase. We got to the car and I got in, crossing my arms over my chest as my mom didn’t even look back at me. My dad got in the driver’s side and looked at me through the rearview mirror.

“That monster’s changed you.” He said, his voice low, and barely above a whisper as he then took his vision off of me, and then my mother spoke up.

“He’s stolen our daughter from us.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
I can say that sitting in front of both of Saylee’s parents; I have never been that scared in my life. They hated my guts and I felt that any second they were both going to attempt to rip my head clean off of my shoulders. I felt like I was ripping her life apart. I felt like I was turning her against her family, and her family against her. I felt I was losing friends because I was in love with someone I possibly shouldn’t be in love with. But I loved her, and I wasn’t going to let anyone tell me that I couldn’t be around her. I had a plan in my head of how to get her back out of that house. I didn’t want to anger her dad any further, and that’s why I told her to just go on with them. I did need someone to talk to, but the usual person I talked to about my problems was gone. Because he also thought I was a monster. Because I almost was.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
“‘Just go see what’s wrong.’ The lunatic said. ‘He’s obviously torn up about something.’ The feminine dude said.” I mocked, looking at Jimmy through the rearview and Brian in the passenger’s seat. It was midnight. Matt had been calling my cell phone, Brian’s cell, and Brian’s house for a little over an hour and thirty minutes, wanting me to come over so we could talk. I didn’t want to go, but Jimmy and Brian made me, saying it wasn’t usual seeing him and I, ‘On separate sides of the road’ as Brian had put it in the sappiest way.

“Oh suck it up, we’ll just go and hear him out.” Brian said, and then sighed. “I want to kill him for doing that too, and I do want to try and hunt poor Sarah-”

“Saylee.” Jimmy and I corrected.

“Saylee down and comfort her, and make sure she’s okay, and fill the hole in her heart with-” Brian continued without missing a beat, but before he could say any more Jimmy hit him in the shoulder. “Ow!” Brian recoiled, rubbing his shoulder.

“First of all, shut the fuck up. I used to talk to that girl every single day in the hallway with Matt. She’s like a little sister to me and hearing your fantasy about abducting her is making me sick. And second, you need to get a haircut.” Jimmy said and Brian just gave him a hurt look.

“We need to have like…a conference-” I was cut off by Jimmy.

“About Brian’s sexuality?” Jimmy questioned, sitting back in his seat.

“Shut the fuck up, okay?! I’ll go tomorrow and get a haircut if you’re that turned on by me.” I could hear the smirk in Brian’s voice.

“I’ll fuck you u-”

“Okay, I think we need to have a conference about his sexuality.” Brian said and as I stopped at a red light I looked over just in time to see Jimmy smash Brian’s face into the window and hold it as he reached around and rolled the window down before then pressing the other button to roll it back up and Brian screamed for Jimmy to let him go as the window rolled back up, catching Brian’s hair.

“Jimmy, Jimmy, let me go, man, this isn’t funny.” Brian began panicking, trying to find the button to roll the window back down as Jimmy fell into laughter. “Dude! Dude, stop! I’m serious!” Brian was panicking and I just shook my head and drove ahead as the light turned.

“Let him go, Jimmy, that’s enough.” I said, too tired to be amused. If I wasn’t mentally and physically exhausted, I would find Jimmy catching Brian’s hair in the window extremely funny, but it was midnight, and I had a long ass day.

“Alright.” Jimmy said, not sounding happy about it and reached up to the controls, letting the window roll down. Brian quickly moved away from it and looked back at Jimmy. I tried to keep my eyes on the road, though luckily there wasn’t hardly any traffic this late at night.

“I’ll get you for that, you fucking insane psychotic lunatic.” Brian growled, and climbed over the console, tackling Jimmy into the backseat.

“Goddamnit! Can you two stop acting like children for two seconds?!” I yelled, trying not to laugh as I watched Brian fall over the backseat and into the trunk.

“He started it!” They yelled together like little kids.

“Jimmy, you’re not insane, and Brian, you don’t look like a girl.” I said, hoping they’d stop so I could drive straight.

“HA!” They both declared, once more like kids. I heard something that sounded a lot like someone hitting someone, though I wasn’t sure who was the attacker and who was the victim.

“Fuck this, I’m not sitting back there where he can come up behind me and strangle me.” Jimmy climbed into the front seat, and I just sighed. Just five minutes away from Matt’s now.

“It’s gonna be a long five minutes.” I said with a heavy sigh and Jimmy scoffed.

“Not as long as Brianna’s hair.” Jimmy said, and what I could only describe as a growl came from the backseat.

“I’ll kill you, James!” Brian yelled and reached over the backseat, grabbing Jimmy’s arm, and no matter how much he fought –nearly hitting and kicking me in the face a few times during it- Brian pulled him into the backseat, aka, Hell.

“Hey!” I yelled back at them. “No fucking in my car!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

NME_foREVer_6661
MoMo_92
Synus Sneezus

xoxo, Saleigh