Sequel: For Better or Worse
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

For the Best

Revealing the Obvious

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
It wasn’t long until the door opened, and I looked over to it as Zacky came in. Followed by Brian and Jimmy. Fuck.

“I know you don’t want them here too, but I didn’t want to come unless they came.” Zacky said, and sat down beside me as Jimmy thumped Brian in the back of the head, and nonchalantly Brian elbowed him in the ribs, causing a sound to erupt from Jimmy’s lips.

“Fuck you.” He muttered, and Brian smirked.

“God knows you’ve been trying.” Brian said, and sat down on the opposite couch with Jimmy.

“Well, it’s nice to see you made it out of the loony bin without being shot down by the guards.” I told Jimmy and he smiled.

“You’d love that, wouldn’t you?” Jimmy asked and I scoffed.

“For my best friend and the girl that nearly killed me on multiple occasions to get killed? Hell no.” I answered and he nodded.

“Yea, yea, don’t talk about my girlfriend like that.” I rolled my eyes and Brian took a deep breath.

“Zacky, hurry up and yell at him, I want to kill him and get back home to bed.” Brian said, sounding tired.

“Brian I’m not sleeping with you.” Jimmy said and Brian sighed.

“Wasn’t asking, so yet again, you’re coming onto me.” Brian said with a smirk, and Jimmy pushed him, and he fell over onto his side, and Brian kicked him in the shin.

“Well,” Zacky began as Jimmy and Brian withered in pain. “How did Saylee take it?” He asked, looking over at me. Jimmy punched Brian in the shoulder, and Brian hit back.

“Take what?” I asked Zacky, and there was a noise from the opposite couch as Jimmy pushed Brian again, and he fell into the floor.

“You shattering her heart into a million pieces with the fact that you used her for sex and never really loved her in the-”

“Get the fuck off of me!” Jimmy yelled, and we both glanced over as Brian had his foot on Jimmy’s knee, his leg extended, ready to break bones.

“In the first place.” Zacky finished his sentence.

“Stop, stop, stop!” Brian yelled out quickly, and I gave a frustrated sigh as Jimmy had Brian’s arm twisted behind his back, and Brian still had his foot digging into Jimmy’s left knee. If either of them moved much Brian’s arm would snap and Jimmy’s leg would snap. I got up and pulled Brian off of Jimmy, and then pulled Jimmy off of the couch.

“Where are you taking us?!” Jimmy asked, as I kept a good grip on the both of their shirts, dragging them towards Zacky’s bedroom. I didn’t reply, I just walked in and over to his closet. I shoved them both in, letting them fall.

“You two are going to stay the fuck in there until you can apologize and stop acting like fucking assholes to one another.” I said as they looked up at me, slightly scared and just as Brian began getting up I closed the closet and grabbed the chair from Zacky’s desk, propping it under the door.

“Great, see what you’ve done now, Brianna?” I heard Jimmy ask.

“James, call me that one more time and I will snap your neck.”

“Oh sure.” Jimmy replied sarcastically, and I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me. I went back into the living room and sat back down on the couch.

“What did you do with them?’ He asked, looking back towards the hallway.

“I locked them in your closet.” I answered simply, and Zacky looked like he was going to protest, but I didn’t want to hear it. “Back to the point.”

“You’ve broken Saylee’s heart already, haven’t you?” Zacky asked and I shook my head.

“No, her parents came and got her.” I said and then sighed. “Zacky, she means something to me.” I told him, looking up at him. “She means a lot to me.”

“Don’t lie to me, Matt. I know why you were with her, and it’s fucking sick. It’s like you’re obsessed with her or something.” Zacky said, looking disgusted. I hated how he just wouldn’t understand the reason why I was with her.

“We’re in love, Zacky, and no matter what you say, I’m still going to love her just the same.” I said, tired of the way he was about this situation, and becoming pissed off very quickly.

“I bet.” He muttered, leaning back and I groaned, and grabbed his shoulders and getting in his face.

“Zacky, get it through your thick fucking skull already! I love her! I love her, I love her, I love her!” I yelled at him. “I wasn’t with her for sex, I wasn’t with her because of her body, or blowjobs, or fucking anything besides the fact that I’m in fucking love with her!” I yelled, and by the fact that the thuds and faint screams of threats from the hallway stopped, I knew that Brian and Jimmy heard it too. Zacky’s expression dropped slightly as I blinked a few times, willing the tears away. I was desperate for him to just believe me. I hated not being taken seriously by anyone, and especially not a guy that I consider a brother. “Please. I’m tired of this fucking fighting. Just believe me already.” I begged, and let my hands slip from his shoulders as I got out of his face.

“You really do love her.” He stated and I nodded. “You love her.” Zacky seemed to finally realize this.

“MATTHEW FUCKING SANDERS CAN LOVE?!” I heard Jimmy’s voice scream from the closet.

“IT’S A FUCKING MIRACLE!” Brian chimed in.

“SHUT UP!” Zacky snapped at them, and then turned back to me, all composure back. “Are you sure this girl is different? I mean, if you want to continue on with this relationship with her you can’t just love her one day, then fuck her and be all, ‘Okay, never mind, she’s not that special’ and snap her in two.”

“It’s not going to be like that. Ever.” I meant what I said. I don’t think I could ever stop loving her. She was mine.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
Matt was telling the truth about Saylee. I didn’t think- well, maybe I just didn’t want to believe it as much as I really just straight out didn’t believe him when he said she was different. But he loved her. I knew that now, and I had to accept it; nine year age difference or not.

“I would go to the end of the world for Saylee. She means that much to me.” He said, his voice soft and his eyes still pleading for me to accept it and believe him when he told me he wasn’t with her for sex.

“Alright, I believe you. You love her.” I said, and he suddenly hugged me.

“Thank you so fucking much, man.” He mumbled into my shoulder, and I slowly, almost cautiously brought my hand up and patted him on the back. He soon pulled away, for which I was grateful, and grabbed my shoulders. “Now, I need you to help me kidnap her.” I stood up quickly.

“Woah now, Matt, slow the fuck down, you’re getting all twisted and shit.” I said, and he shook his head, standing up.

“No, not kidnap in the bad sense, kidnap as in save her from her parents because I know she’s waiting for me to break her out of there.” He cleaned up his words quickly, and I looked at him oddly.

“I’m sorry, but I kind of don’t understand why you want to get thrown in jail… Is this some new ‘cool’ thing with you?” I asked and he sighed, sounding agitated.

“I need your help, okay? I just do. Please.” He begged. This was the second time he had been reduced to begging tonight, and I had to admit; this new Matt was scaring me.

“What do I have to do?”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Brian’s POV*^
“You know, I began as I sat down in the closet floor next to Jimmy. “This is actually kind of nice. Just sitting here, not arguing. Me not calling you insane and you not calling me Brianna.” I said thoughtfully. “We’re best friends, man. Why the fuck do we annoy each other again?” I asked, and then looked over in his direction, and I thought I saw him shrug through the darkness. “Maybe it’s because we’re best friends. I mean, if we were nice to each other all the time, we’d get sick of each other pretty quickly.” I thought about that for a second. “Yea, we’d wind up killing each other, probably. And I almost hate to say it, but I’m going to miss you once you get on the plane tomorrow, Jimmy. I really am. I missed you when you were in the hospital, but I went and checked on you every week or so, so I mean it’s not like I neglected to even visit while you were in there.” I sighed, already feeling the effects of losing one of my best friends weighing on me. He’ll be across the country by tomorrow at lunch, and then already half way across the world with Shannon by the next morning… It wasn’t going to be right walking into my house without him hanging upside down on the couch, attempting to drink beer while doing so and winding up spilling it up his nose. Hell, it hasn’t been normal these past weeks not walking in to finding him doing that. I was going to miss him. “I’ll miss you, man.” I said, and I felt him lean on me. “C’mon, I’m not getting sappy.” I said, wiping my eyes, and then he snored. I looked over at him, and he continued snoring lightly. “Jim-Jimmy, are you- I just- are you kidding me?!” I asked, but was only answered with another snore. The fucker was asleep. “What the fuck…” I trailed off. “I just said all of that to myself.” I muttered. “This is what you do to me, you fucking giraffe.” I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. “Great,” I began. “Now I’m talking to myself. I think your insanity is contagious.” I pondered, and then lifted him off of me, leaning him against the wall. He fell, and fell into my lap. “Goddamn.” I muttered, sitting him back up against the wall, and then felt around the floor in the pile of clothes for an article of clothing. I grabbing something, not exactly sure what, and felt around to my left for his face. I stuffed it in his mouth and held his nose. Three, two, one- he took a large gasp for air, and freaking out. I was forced to move back against the doors, and as soon as I leaned against them they fell open, and Jimmy ran out, digging the article of clothing out of his mouth.

“OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!” He screamed, and I them realized it was a pair of boxers. I began laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe. “HOLY SHIT YOU STUFFED HIS DIRTY FUCKING UNDERWEAR IN MY MOUTH AND-” He took off towards the bathroom, a hand over his mouth as the sounds of his stomach contents met my ears.

“Oh my-oh my god.” I wheezed out, falling to the floor, clutching my ribcage, not being able to breathe as he continued throwing up. I kept laughing, not able to breathe, and in pain, but soon composed myself and stood up, wiping tears from my eyes as I walked into the bathroom to find Jimmy curled up next to the toilet, eyes wide, almost shaking.

“I-I’ll fucking…kill you.” He mumbled and I went over, taking a deep breath as I sat down next to him.

“Yea, okay.” I grinned, and moved just in time and he punched me in the leg. “Ha! You m-” He hit me again this time, and right on target. I’ll kill the bastard one day…

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
“Alright, just go to their door, and distract them.” I instructed Zacky as we sat across from Saylee’s house. We were going to kidnap her. I hated thinking of it like that, but that’s basically what we were doing, except she was coming along willingly. “I’ll walk down the street from here, and then go behind her neighbor’s house to get to hers. I’ll go around back, jump the fence, grab a ladder, bring her down and then well go back over the fence and wait for you on the other side next to the highway. We have ten minutes, and that’s it; five minutes for me to go get her, and then five minutes for us to get to the highway. I will not wait out in the cold with her on that highway forever, so just stall her parents for ten minutes, and then take off.” I said and he nodded, understanding. “Okay, let’s go.” I said, but as I opened the door he stopped me, his eyes wide as he grabbed onto the steering wheel to keep from falling over into the passenger’s seat.

“Wait,”

“What?” I asked, looking around quickly, hoping no one was watching. Though it was late, and most everyone was asleep by now.

“Matt,” He said, sounding worried. “We left Brian and Jimmy locked in the closet.” I rolled my eyes, pulling my sleeve from his hand.

“They’re grown men, they’ll be fine!” I said, and he nodded slowly. “Let’s get this over with.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentor:

amodernmyth88

xoxo, Saleigh