Sequel: For Better or Worse
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

For the Best

Mental Pain

I finally found the bar they were at after listening to Zacky’s and Brian drunkenly yelling at one another, and myself over the phone about where they were. Brian thought they were at Disneyland for fifteen minutes, and no matter how pissed I got at their incompetence, it was funnier than hell. I walked in, and as I looked around, I finally spotted them over at a booth, and Zacky was flicking toothpicks at Brian.

“Alright,” I said as I approached the booth. “Get the fuck up and let’s get the fuck home.” I said, motioning for them to get up, but they just sat there, staring at me blankly.

“It wouldn’t…hurt to say p-please, ya know.” Brian mumbled and Zacky scoffed.

“Matt say ‘please’? God, you’re fucked in the head.” Zacky said, a smile on his face as he rested his head on his arms on the table. I groaned.

Please get the fuck-”

“I’m fucked in the head?” Brian cut me off with a scoff. “Z, you’re the one who made out with Saylee.” He said, and I froze.

“But she kissed me first, and it didn’t mean anything!” Zacky exclaimed, and it was like I wasn’t even standing there. He kissed Saylee?

“You know what, I don’t even give a shit anymore. Say whatever you want, but you do need to tell Matt.” He said, scooting a glass out of the way.

“He’ll kill me, you jackass. I can’t just tell him.” Zacky slurred, and Brian shrugged.

“Maybe not.” He said nonchalantly. I just watched them carry on, not sure what to think at the moment.

“Say and I already agreed- w-we’re not gonna tell him anythin’.” Zacky muttered.

“Oh my god, Zack, man, he can hear us.” Brian whispered, and Zacky got a scared look on his face as he looked at me, and then back at Brian.

“Are you sure?” He asked, and Brian nodded, looking almost frightened.

“He’s not Saylee, Zack.”

“Oh shit.” Zacky said and once more looked at me and then back at Brian.

“I can hear perfectly fucking fine.” I said through gritted teeth.

“Oh you’re officially fucked.” Brian said, and as he leaned back he didn’t realize that he was sitting sideways in the booth. “Fuck!” He yelped, falling to the floor under the table, prompting Zacky to burst into laughter. I was afraid that if I stood there any longer I’d wind up killing someone. I turned and walked back towards the door, leaving them. He kissed Saylee; and neither of them were going to tell me. But he’s drunk off his ass. He could be delusional like Brian. As I got in my car I was set on finding out the truth. I drove out, speeding down the highway, because I know Saylee would tell me the truth. She wouldn’t lie to me if I asked her about it. But, they were going to keep it from me. If this was true, then I’ll kill Zack. I swear to god I’ll kill him. As my anger grew with the thought of Brian’s slip up with his words actually being true, my foot kept pressing down harder on the gas, my knuckles growing white against the steering wheel, and whilst blinded by rage, I didn’t notice the speed limit until I saw the red and blue flashing lights.

“Fuck.” I pulled off into a parking lot, the officer’s car right behind mine. I took a deep breath, knowing that the cops were already out looking for me after the incident with Saylee’s parents. There was a knock on the window and I rolled it down, already fishing my wallet out of my pocket. I looked over at him, expecting him to ask me if I knew why he had pulled me over. He eyed me for a moment with a look in his eyes before he spoke again.

“License and registration.” I dug them out and handed the two cards to him, and he walked off. I rolled the window back up and leaned back, hoping I’d just get a speeding ticket and he wouldn’t recognize my name. My phone started ringing, and I grabbed it from the console, and answered it, my stomach churning at the name on the screen.

“Matt, where are you? You’ve been gone for forty five minutes.” Saylee was on the other end, and I sighed.

“I’m uh…on my way back right now.” I lied, watching the officer in his car in the rearview mirror.

“So, how fucked up are Zacky and Brian?” She asked and I took a deep breath, leaning onto the locked door.

“Not as fucked up as what you and Zacky are keeping from me.” I said, and she went silent. “He told Brian, and in Brian’s drunken state of delirium he let it slip. I left them at the bar.”

“S-so you know.” She stated and the officer came back around.

“I know, but I don’t know what to think.” I said, chuckling lightly. “I mean, I thought actually for once, you’d be one girl that he wouldn’t try to take away from me. I thought he saw how we were. I thought he knew that I loved you.” There was a knock on the window. “I thought you knew I loved you.”

“When are coming back?” She asked, and I sighed again as I leaned up from the door.

“Not for a while.”

“Why? Can’t we talk about this?”

“I can’t really talk.” I said, as the officer leaned down to the window. I held up my index finger. “I got pulled over for speeding and the cop ran my license.”

“Oh god.” She whispered, dread in her voice.

“Yea, don’t bother visiting.” I said, and hung up. I stared out the windshield for a second as the officer told me to roll my window down. I put my phone back in the console before I rolled it down.

“I’m going to need you to step out of the car.” The officer said, no emotion to his voice.

“Is there a problem?” I questioned, as I opened my door and got out.

“There’s a warrant for your arrest in the state of California.” I nodded, shutting my door back. “Turn around and put your hands behind you back.” I did as he said, and as he locked the cuffs onto my wrists it only made my reality heavier. This was the end.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Saylee’s POV*^
I could already feel the tears in my eyes as the line went, and I numbly took the phone from my ear and cut it off, staring blankly at the wall. Matt knew. He knew, and now he was on his way to jail. Why did I have to kiss Zacky? It’s torn Matt and I apart now, and at the worst possible time. I needed to talk to my parents, because I knew that if I was going to get Matt out, the only way to do it was to face them, but I couldn’t do it alone. I needed Benji. I looked back down at the phone and dialed Benji’s number through blurry vision. Zacky and Brian wouldn’t be back now until probably morning, but I couldn’t stay alone tonight.

“Hello?” Benji’s groggy voice answered the phone after two rings and I quickly composed myself, getting my voice straight.

“Benji, I need you to come pick me up.” I told him, trying to sound like nothing was wrong, but I could already hear him sitting up on his old squeaky bed, because my voice was far from okay.

“Saylee, what’s wrong? Are you alright? Did that bastard hurt you? I coming to get you, just hold tight, I’ll bring my pistol, and I send him back to the hell-”

“He’s not here, Benji, just come get me.” I said, and took a deep breath as I realized I had to give him the address of Brian’s house.

“Where are you?” He was stern, and I already heard his car door opening.

“If I tell you, you can’t tell my parents, Benji. If you do, then this whole thing is going to come falling down on not just me, but you too.” I told him, and he sighed. He was my uncle, but I was in a situation where I couldn’t trust anyone except Matt, Brian, and Zacky, because everyone else was out to take them away from me.

“Fine.” I hesitated another moment before giving him the address, and he told me he’d be here in ten minutes, which made me tell him to not get in a wreck. After we hung up, I sat on the couch trying not to let my mind drift to the situation at hand. Matt was pissed off that Zacky and I kissed, and kept it from him, and he was locked up, and not to mention, Brian and Zacky were going to spend the night probably under some table at a bar, and I’ll have to explain to the both of them what happened. As I thought over just not telling Zacky or Brian, just disappearing and accepting fate, I heard a car door slam closed outside, sounding as if it could have very well fallen off with the force. The front door opened, and Benji was standing there in his red plaid robe that barely came below his waist, and dark grey shorts, with knee-high white socks and sandals, looking like he was ready to murder someone. I didn’t even feel like mustering up a comment on his wardrobe. “Where are they?” He asked, seeming concerned about me, but ready to kill the three guys that had taken his niece away from him.

“Brian and Zack are out, and…and Matt got pulled over and they ran his license, so he’s on his way to jail.” I said and Benji sighed, seeming to calm down.

“Serves him right.” He said as I stood up and walked towards him. “Are you okay?” He asked, resting a gentle hand on my shoulder and I shook my head.

“I kissed Zacky, Matt found out, and he’s pissed off, and my parents have him locked up, plus, I’m paranoid as fuck that you’re going to tell them where I am, and they’re going to ship me off to some military camp.” I told him, fighting tears and he sighed again.

“I won’t tell them anything, just as long as you’re okay.” He whispered, and I walked on ahead of him out of the house, and he closed the door behind us as I went around and got in the passenger’s side of his truck, and he got in the driver’s side, and pulled out of the driveway in a matter of seconds. “You know, Saylee, I don’t care about who you go out with.” Benji finally spoke after a moment. “I don’t care how old they are, or what their past is, and I don’t care about what your parents think of whoever they are. Hell, half the time I’m against what they think, and I always try my damnedest to stand up for you, and take your side.” He was telling the truth, but I just kept staring out the window. He sighed after a second. “I flipped out the way I did when I found you and…Matthew,” He gritted his teeth when he said Matt’s name, and I could tell he was still fucked up over that. “Because I worry like hell about you, and I only want what’s best for you, and I can’t take the thought of someone hurting you, or leaving you, or doing anything to get you upset because you’re more like my daughter than my niece.”

“I know.” I whispered after he paused.

“I joke around a lot; probably a little too much, and I fuck around a lot, but I can be serious, Saylee, and I’m smarter than you think. I’m not just your crazy, childish, redneck uncle. You can’t slip everything past me, and if you tell me anything you can rest assured that I won’t tell your parents.” His words gave me a little hope inside that I could dig out of this grave with his help.

“I understand, but I’m so tired I really don’t want to go into this now.” I told him, my voice quiet because I was tired. Mentally and physically.

“Well I sped at eighty two on the way over, so it’s going to be a little slower getting back. Old Red doesn’t bounce back like he used to.” He patted the dashboard, and hearing him talk about his precious, piece-of-shit 1994 Nissan brought a smile to my face.

“Old Red needs to hurry up and hit a dead end so you can get a newer model, and we can burn this piece of sh-”

“Hey, don’t hurt his feelings; he may just let your door fall off.” Benji said, his voice serious, but I could still hear the humor.

“And I may just strip him.”

“God, you’re not my little girl anymore.” Benji said, sounding half horrified, and I just ran a hand down my face, shaking my head.

“You know what I mean.” I told him and he glanced over at me, shaking his head. “I was talking about the truck.”

“I sure as hell hope so.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

Synus Sneezus
MoMo_92
SuicideCommando
amodernmyth88

Posting has officially begun on Wrongfully Accused, my newest Avenged Sevenfold related story, so go check it out if you will, please, and tell me what you think. c:

xoxo, Saleigh