Sequel: For Better or Worse
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

For the Best

Issues with Truth

I drove straight to Benji’s house after I left the hospital, just wanting to see Saylee and get my mind off of the pain. I knocked on the screen door, having to be careful, because I was upset as hell, and the flimsy door would break if I knocked any harder. After a minute I opened the door and stepped in, but it seemed no one was home.

“Saylee! Benji!” I called, but wasn’t answered. It was lunchtime, so I suppose Saylee dragged him out of the house to get some decent food that didn’t stare at you as you ate it. I sighed, throwing my head back as I walked out of the house, down the steps, and to my car, carefully getting in, and having to sit down slowly since I had cracked ribs, and internal bruising according to the doctor. I wouldn’t stay in the hospital overnight, but I had orders by the doctor to take it easy and not do anything strenuous and that could damage me any further. I pulled out of the driveway and started my way home. Zacky should get a kick out of my day. I can already see him bent in half over the coffee table, laughing his ass off wheezing out, ‘Dude, you got your ass handed to you by a girl!’ And I can hear his precious screams as I then proceed to throw him out the window of the apartment complex. There’s a nice sound…

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Saylee’s POV*^
“I swear, I should kill you.” I growled at Benji as we drove home. It was nearly four PM, and I was soaked to the bone thanks to Benji’s little dance after he caught a twenty five pound bass. I fell overboard and nearly had a fish eat my finger. It was not a good day. The best thing that had happened today was that I got tired of that sling and threw it in the trash. I couldn’t do anything with it on, so I just said fuck it. I felt fine without it, so…

“I’m sorry Say, but did you see the size of that thing?!” He asked, stilling grinning like a four year old that had just gotten a new toy.

“Yes Benji, I also saw the underside of the boat, and a black fish that tried to swim up my pant leg.” I said grumpily, not at all as happy as he was.

“C’mon, Saylee, cheer up!” He tried, and slapped a hand onto my shoulder, making water splatter up. I smelt like fish, and I was not happy about it in the least bit. “Sorry.” Benji then mumbled. We sat in silence until he pulled into the driveway and we got out, and walked inside. After he shut the door and sat the cooler down on the coffee table so he could get his shoes off, I grabbed the bottom of my shirt, pulling it up and wringing it out into the floor. He froze and sighed. “I probably deserved that.”

“And you deserve this too.” I took my shoe off and tossed it at him, nailing him in the head.

“Yea, that too.” He said and kicked his shoes off before grabbing the cooler. “I’ll be fixing supper.”

“I’ll be resisting the urge to shove my other shoe up your ass!” I yelled at him, and he just laughed. I was mad at him, but it was hard to be. I made my way up the stairs, my socks making squishing noises as I made my way to my room and into the bathroom to get a shower.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
“Are you sure you’re okay?” Zacky asked me for the millionth time. I was lying on the couch, my head hurting like hell, and my breathing shallow. I turned my head over to him as he watched me from the floor, looking concerned. His reaction was not what I had expected, though I showed up at the door pretty much on my knees in pain because the elevator was out and I had to climb up six flights of stairs and Zacky had to drag me in.

“I’m fine, just dying.” I whispered, keeping my left arm wrapped around my abdomen. It hurt so bad.

“You know, I never admitted it, because you know, you’ve always been able to handle yourself pretty well up there, and nothing bad has ever really happened, but I do worry about you working up there. I did, at least.” He said and I smiled, taking my hand from my side and ruffling his hair.

“Thanks Zacky.” I managed out, trying to avoid taking a deep breath.

“Are you sure you’re alr-”

“I’m fine, Zack.” I reassured, letting my hand fall.

“Just making sure. I’m not sure how to react to seeing you like this and hearing that a girl did it.” I could tell he was worried, and it was strange seeing him worried about me. Usually he was almost kind of annoying.

“Don’t worry, in a few days I’ll be back to normal.” I said and he groaned.

“Great, more getting tackled onto the couch and avoiding punches.” He said, putting his head in his hands and I scoffed.

“Shut up, you know I love you like a brother, fucking idiot.” I said, smiling slightly and he shook his head as he got up.

“You want me to call that Saylee chick and have her come over and give you a-”

“Say another word and you’ll be eating your teeth for supper.” I growled at him, not wanting to hear another word from him as he smirked. He didn’t know who Saylee was, or anything about her, just her name and that me and her were together. He took ‘together’ as something else. My few past girlfriends weren’t even girlfriends, they were really just with me for sex, and that was it. But Saylee was different.

“You want me to call her or not?” He asked and I shook my head.

“No, I’ll go over there. I’ve got to go face her parents with her.” I began getting up and he gently pushed me back down. “The fuck?” I asked, looking up at him.

“You’re not going anywhere. I opened the door to you lying on the ground literally crying in pain. You’re not getting off of this couch. You’re fuck buddy’s parents can wait.” He said and I sighed as he walked off.

“She’ not a fuck buddy, you jackass!” I yelled after him, cringing afterwards.

“Hey, um, is Saylee there?” I heard his voice and groaned. I hadn’t given her my address yet, but I’m sure Zacky will. “Who is this- no, there’s no need for shoving a spatula up my- no! God no! I’m calling for Matt!” I could only pray Benji would bring a spatula with him when he brings Say, so he could follow through with his threat on Zacky…

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Zacky’s POV*^
After I had called Saylee’s number, and went through a literal hell with some gold guy who answered the phone, I went back to Matt, and he was fighting a smile.

“What?” I asked, sitting down on the floor in front of him since he was on the couch.

“He threatened to shove a spatula up your ass, didn’t he?” Matt asked and I nodded.

“Yea, a guy answered the phone and threatened to shove a spatula up my ass.” I said, almost scarred by the memory.

“That was her uncle. He threatened to do that to me too.” He went silent for a moment. “Actually he’s still threatening to do it.”

“God the sex must be amazing for you to put up with that sh-”

“For the last time Zacky, she’s not like that.” He growled, sounding annoying and I nodded slowly.

“Sure. You just keep on telling yourself that.” I said, turning with my back to him, which I was almost hesitant to do.

*^*^*^*^*^*
It took a good hour before there was a knock on the door.

“I’m not getting-” I remembered Matt’s state and sighed, running a hand down my face as he just smirked at me, and slowly sat up and I got up from the floor. I walked around the couch, thumping him in the back of the head as I passed behind the couch, and went over to the door. I opened it and there was a girl standing there, about six years younger than me, short black hair that came to her shoulder, and obviously someone I didn’t know. “Can I help you?” I asked and she nodded.

“I was given this address by my uncle. Is Matt here?” She asked and I froze.

“Wait…this isn’t right.” I said, and looked at Matt, over on the couch and then back at her. She was like…sixteen! What the fuck was going on?! Sixteen isn’t even- he could get charged with fucking rape! Is he out of his mind?!

“What isn’t right?” She asked, and I shook my head.

“Are you Saylee?” I asked and she nodded.

“Yea, I am, and you’re….” She trialed off and I just kept staring oddly, not sure how to react.

“I’m Zacky. I live here with…with the molest- Matt. I mean Matt. I live here, with Matt.” I covered quickly. I didn’t want it to be true. But…but it was. She was like sixteen, for fuck’s sake!

“Okay.” She stretched out the word, almost talking to me like I was a toddler. “Is Matt here?” She asked and I nodded, stepping out of the way.

“He’s- he’s r-right over there.” I stuttered and she walked in, and looked over to him.

“Goddamnit.” Matt muttered from the couch as he slowly stood up, but I still stood by the door, keeping an eye on Saylee.

“Matt, are you okay?’ She asked, sounding concerned, as she walked over to him, and he finally stood up straight, nodded as he wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him back, but I was still standing at the door, staring in disbelief.

“I’m slightly better than I was a minute ago now that you’re here.” He said, smiling as he pulled away slightly and kissed her on the lips lightly.

“Benji said something was wrong.” She said, pulling away from him slightly.

“Shannon went all psycho on me and I got some cracked ribs and internal bruising.” He paused as she got a worried look on her face. “And I quit.”

“Wait, wait, wait,” I began before she could say anything, closing the door and walking over to them. “What the fuck?” I asked, looking between the two of them as he kept an arm around her shoulders. “This is the Saylee you were talking about?!” I asked him just to make sure and he nodded.

“She isn’t like the others, Zacky.” He said and I scoffed.

“Obviously! She’s a child, Matthew!” I exclaimed and before he could think up a comeback, she spoke.

“A child that has an uncle that’s armed with a spatula and a hell of a lot of shotguns.” She grinned, and her words almost scared me.

“Matt, what’s- how- you can go to jail for rape, Matt!” I yelled, grabbing his shoulders. “I’m not sure if you’re aware of that or not, but it’s illegal, and she’s not a legal adult!”

“No I can’t Zacky, calm down.” He said, and I let my hands fall. “And I know, she’s not.”

“But-”

“We haven’t done anything.” She then said, and I looked at her, and then back at him, and then back at her.

“He’s like some kind of animal that escaped from some kind of fucked up scientific lab; you do realize that, right? I mean, he’s like some twisted version of the Incredible Hulk.” I said and she shrugged.

“So? We love each other. That’s all that matters.” She said and he kissed her on the cheek, smiling.

“See, we don’t want to go that far yet, now leave us alone.” Matt said and I looked back to Saylee.

“He loves you?” I asked and she nodded slowly. It almost made me sick, because she actually seemed like a pretty cool girl. I hated thinking it, because maybe she wasn’t like the others, because if he only wanted sex, then he wouldn’t have gone after a girl so young. Maybe he really did love her. Maybe, though I couldn’t help but think that she was just another girl. I only had one more thing to say before I turned and walked to my bedroom. “Yea, he told the others that too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

amodernmyth88
MoMo_92
StonerSilence
Star Angel
NME_foREVer_6661

xoxo, Saleigh