Status: Trying my best to update.

Let The Walls Come Down

What the heck, Stephen?

“I love you Jess babe!” A drunken Alex Gaskarth bellowed from the crowd below us as we ended The Boys We Do. The crowd, where the other bands are huddled, continued to cheer for us as we exit the stage.

“This show is fucking rad,” John started as we stepped down the stage and eased through the throng of sweaty head banging people and the cheers they throw at us as we pass by. The bouncers did little help. The crowd kept pushing and pulling to get close to us that they almost tore me apart. For goodness’ sakes! It was overwhelming and irritating for most parts because it is hurting. The other parts became irritating because of how damp and smelly we all are.

“Hi guys! We are the in crowd!” Taylor boomed from the speakers which I’m grateful for. The crowd cheered and moshed harder, but thankfully, away from us. The crowd that was pushing and pulling us seconds ago dispersed a little. Remind me to thank her later when I’m safe from being dismantled.

Finally, as their first song ended, we’ve reached the red back wall in one piece. Thank God.

There, guarding the white door with ‘The Summer Set’ plastered on it, was Max, our big and bulky bouncer.

“Hi,” I smiled weakly at him and never did he spend a glance on me. These unfriendly and boring bouncers are finally getting on my nerves. They’re such a buzz kill. I sighed and reached for the handle of the door as the boys waited impatiently behind me.

“Don’t be such a pussy and go open the fucking door. I need to get out of this smelly room.”

And that’s Brian being an asshole again. He’s been like this recently and I am not sure as to why Brian is such a douchebag these days.

Insulted by Brian, irritated by the smell hovering above us and the burning sensation on my arm caused by a fan who pulled me too hard, I swung open the door with all my force.

“Ow!”

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry Kennedy!”

“You guys were great out there.” Kennedy smiled at me as he rubbed his forehead where the door hit him.

I smiled back at him. “Thanks! You guys too were great. You had the crowd wild.”

“Yeah, I think the fourteen year olds were getting too wild for their age during our set.”

Both of us laughed. John G. joined the conversation and we started talking about how we miss hanging out with each other. Meanwhile, Brian disappeared and Stephen dropped down on the black couch in the corner. Josh was also nowhere to be seen. Stephen joined us and our conversation continued which went straight to Last Call for Camden, the band the Gomez brothers, Kennedy and I formed. Well, that was before. Now we have The Summer Set and The Maine.

“I still miss hanging out with you guys. I feel so far away from you now.” Kennedy nodded at us, but his eyes lingered on me.

“Yeah, I know how you miss bullying me, Kenny.” I laughed and shook my head at him.

“Well, I guess we guys have to separate to grow up. “ Everyone nodded at John.

“It’s not like John will ever mature.”

“Hey!” John smacked Stephen on his head and we all laughed. It’s like being back to the old days again. Back to Last Call for Camden.

I glanced at Kennedy and caught him looking at me. I waved my hand at him and he returned it by blowing a kiss.

“Ew, Kennedy,” I laughed.

“We all know you love it.”

They all laughed as I made gagging noises with my throat. I miss being just like this. I miss Last Call for Camden. I miss Kennedy. Not that I don’t like Brian, but he tends to have big mood swings sometimes. Most of the times. I miss the carefree Camden. But then again, it was disbanded due to complications between each other that I never knew existed.
The door suddenly opened and in, came Brian.

We all stopped laughing and I smiled at him. “Hi Brian,” I said as I stood up from the floor I was sitting on the whole time we were talking, “how’s your walk?”

“Nothing special happened,” he murmured as he passed by me and collapsed on the couch Stephen was slouching on.

“Well, I guess I better go now,” Kennedy glanced at his watch, “that’s my cue.” He stood up from the floor he was sitting on in front of me.

“Bye,” he said as he opened the door and we all nodded.

And just before he finally closed the door to leave the room, he glanced back at me and winked. “See you, Jess.”

“What was that for?” I thought out loud when Kennedy was finally out of sight.

“Just showing how much he likes you.”

What the heck Stephen?
♠ ♠ ♠
um