Status: HIATUS.

Tales That Must Be Retold.

It's Christmas!

ALEX’S POV

A sudden weight on my body pulled me from my sleep and caused me to open my eyes to see my dog standing on my chest. Glancing at the alarm clock, the red neon lights read 8:15, soon enough my brain has awoke and I’d remembered it was Christmas, how beautiful. Clicking my fingers by the floor so that Baz would leave my chest long enough for me to wake the sleeping figure beside me and then go and let him out. He did so perfectly allowing me a chance to roll over and slide my arms around Olivia who was sleeping with her back to me. Placing my lips against her ears I gently whispered,

“Livi, time to wake up baby!”

Groaning, she rolled over and pressed her face into my chest before murmuring “why, I’m comfy and you’re warm.”

Smiling I gently pulled my body away from hers and leaned down to kiss her before stating “Because it’s Christmas” and leaving the bed which caused her to whine. Rolling my eyes I pulled my hoodie from behind the door and slid it on my body before leaving the room and heading the backdoor to allow my dog out.

Turning into the kitchen I pressed the kettle switch to turn it on as I was in the need of a caffeine rush, allowing it to boil I decided to go and get changed properly, upon entering my room I was greeted with the sight of my girlfriend sitting up in bed, squinting her eyes and looking rather tired, this still didn’t make me feel guilty of waking her.

“Alex why did you wake me at such a ridiculous time?” Olivia whined and I heard a sound of her falling back on the pillows as I searched through my drawers from an outfit, after deciding, I turned to look at her to see her glaring at me, causing me to chuckle.

“Because it is Christmas and I would like to spend time with you before we leave for my parents’ house!” I replied simply before heading into the bathroom to fix my hair which currently looked like a birds nest, hearing her mutter a simple “fuck you” as she had obviously left the bed which caused me to grin, but not before nerves fell into my chest about the present I’d bought her.

And no it’s not an engagement ring, yet, but seriously I spent ages looking for the most perfect thing and as soon as I found it I knew it was right but now I was seriously doubting it.

OLIVIA'S POV

Rolling my eyes as Alex dragged me by the wrist into the living area and pushed me onto the couch before wandering into the kitchen to collect my mug of tea which I had requested and he’d gladly made for me as he was making his own. Allowing the hot liquid to fall down my throat before turning my attention to the boy sitting beside me smiling extremely widely.

We’d finally started opening presents, we started with our friends gifts and I’d received mostly clothing from our friends and he’d received mostly games and musical objects, it was finally time to exchange our own gifts to each other, catching Alex’s eye who pulled me onto his lap and smiled before handing me a small package and grinning.

Opening the shiny red wrapping paper I could feel Alex getting agitated with the time I was taking to open it, soon enough I was greeted with a long jewellery box, looking up to see Alex looking nervous. Slowly I opened the box and I saw a silver bracelet with a love heart dangling from it, moving the box closer to read what it had engraved on it I saw Alex’s initials causing me to smile before looking up and kissing him gently as he took it from the box and clasped it around my wrist, throwing my arms around his neck I muttered “I love it” against his neck.

“I’m glad” He replied while kissing my head.

“Now time for your present” I said while pulling away and reaching under the tree for the present I’d finished wrapping last night and handing it to you.

Watching him unwrap it with an intrigued face as he slowly pulled the wrapping paper off the scrapbook that I’d made him.

“I couldn’t think of anything you needed, so I just decided to create you something” I said feeling nerves settle in my stomach as Alex turned while a wide smile across his face as he opened it.

Pictures from our younger years as toddlers, children, teenagers and then some of the pictures from the past month we’d been together.

“I love it, and I love you” He said before kissing me gently on the lips and pulling me onto his lap.

~

The rest of Christmas was spent at Alex’s parents’ house having Christmas dinner and watching movies with them. Both of them weren’t surprised to see me but were both full of hugs and kisses when we arrived. I really loved his parents.

Finally we were back at Alex’s own home and snuggled under the sheets in his bed with wine and movies, it was the perfect ending to a perfect day.