Status: HIATUS.

Tales That Must Be Retold.

Happy New Year!

Music thumped throughout the house as the celebrations of a new year were arriving, alcohol was spilt on the floor making it sticky to walk on causing everyone to wear their shoes even if their feet were hurting. Streamers and banners with a simple Happy New Year message written across them were strung across the ceilings and walls, reminding everyone why they were here getting drunk out of their heads and grinding on their friends.

Sipping from my red cup I looked up to see Jack standing in front of me, well more like stumbling in front of me and holding two cups, one in each hand.

“Livy, have you seen Alex I want to dance with him” He slurred causing me to laugh at his question, before opening his mouth again “and you aren’t having fun,”

I was having fun, but not to the extent that everyone else was, I was trying to stay as sober as possible and trying to figure out where Alex had disappeared too.

“I’m sorry Jacko, I have no clue when Alex is, and I am having fun, just not as much as you” I replied while patting him on the shoulder, my response to his question obviously didn’t amuse him as he just nodded and pouted before stumbling off in another direction.

Making my way through the house I was greeted by old friends and new people with smiles and happy new years, all that was on my mind though was finding my boyfriend who seemed to have go walkabouts, it’s not that I don’t trust him, I just know what he’s like when drunk. As I made my way out onto the decking in the back yard, a pair of hands suddenly landed on my hips causing me to jump and spill my drink.

“GUESS WHO” A loud screech in my ear made me aware that the person behind me was my boyfriend and that he was intoxicated, turning and being greeted with his smiley face, I was greeted with a kiss on my lips as he pulled me into his body and sent shivers through my body.

“Alex, where have you been?” I asked trying not to sound angry or annoyed.

“Downstairs in the basement playing beer pong” He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at me while replying, nodding in response I just kissed him instead of replying.

~

Screams, cheers and kisses were heard and seen throughout the house as everyone rang in the new years together. Smiling I was pulled against the lips of the boy who I’d spent the last two hours dancing against and getting intoxicated with, I was no longer worried about being drunk since he was behind me the entire time and I knew he was there.

“Happy New Year, baby!” Alex whispered into my ear before pulling into another kiss.
After around another two hours of partying, everyone started to leave, or in Jack’s case pass out in the middle of the room due to the amount of alcohol he’d consumed. Shutting the door on the last person out, Alex turned and smiled at me before hugging my waist and pulling me towards his room to finish our evening of celebrations that we once again got to celebrate another new year together.

~

New years day was mostly spent dragging our bodies around the house and tidying up the mess that had been created the night before. Once that had all been finished we ended up snuggling on the couch wrapped in blankets, sipping hot chocolate and watching films together. Though neither of us knew that in the next few days our relationship would be tested once again but to a much bigger scale.