Status: HIATUS.

Tales That Must Be Retold.

Put The Past Away

Neither girl was bothered by the cold breeze as they walked back to their apartment, they were too busy making jokes and talking. Harry was awake but wasn’t crying, he was just gazing up at his mother with an intrigued expression as they strolled down the streets. Olivia’s feeling of someone watching her was back; she kept shaking it off and telling herself that she was just being paranoid.

Turning the corner both of them glanced at each other before shrugging and heading into the video store to see what they could find. Laughing at some of the titles they saw and smiling when they spotted some of their favourite films, they picked a few up and grabbed some popcorn before paying and leaving the store. The city was much emptier than early, but it still wasn’t empty, then again it was New York.

"I'm going to be so lonely when you go, I really hope it all works out for you!" Meganne stated while pulling her coat around her body as Olivia turned her attention towards her friend and gave her a sympathetic smile.

“I’ll miss you, I’ve spent over four years with you, it won’t be the same!” She replied, holding in the tears that were threatening to fall, both girls just nodded at each other before going silent and continuing to walk.

Someone shouting Olivia’s name caused both the girls to jump and snap their heads in the direction of it before seeing platinum blonde hair and a girl with an angry expression coming towards them.

“Oh my god, how are you? How is the baby? How is Alex then?” Jennifer, Alex's ex was suddenly standing in front of both of the girls.

Holding back the things she wanted to actually say, really this girl hadn’t done anything to Olivia but Olivia couldn’t help but hate her.

“We’re all fine, thanks.” Olivia replied while faking a smile.

“Oh good! Hi, I don’t think I managed to get your name when we first met!" She referred to Meganne who just raised her eyebrows before speaking.

“Meganne.” Monotone, no expression just Meganne speaking and an awkward feeling fell over the group.

“Well I've got to be going, stay well and don't worry I'm sure you'll lose the fat soon and be back to looking normal!” Jennifer cackled before clunking away in her ridiculously high heels.

Both the girls looked at each other with disgust and rolled their eyes before continuing to walk home, although Olivia couldn't stop thinking about the comment Jennifer had just made about her body.

~

After an hour of being back in apartment, Harry was asleep and Meganne was sitting alone in the living area while Olivia lay in her bedroom, debating calling Alex. Sighing she just responded to his last text message before locking her phone and leaving it in her room to go and spend the rest of the evening with Meganne. After around 20 minutes, they were snuggled under a blanket with ice cream laughing at the dumb films they’d chosen before Olivia finally spoke up.

“So you think I look bad?”

“What do you mean by bad?”

“Like I don’t know, bigger than normal?”

“Livs, you’ve just had a baby, of course you’re going to be bigger”

Silence echoed through the room before Meganne spoke up.

“You aren’t really listening to what that dumb bitch said are you?”

“No, I’m just thinking about everything and how it's all changing so fast."
~

The last three weeks of living in the apartment went by in a flash; Olivia spent all her time deciding on what she was taking to Maryland with her and what she was getting rid of. Meganne did the same, she was taking most the furniture and the moving people had already been and taken a lot of it away. Olivia was currently living out of boxes and suitcases as all of her wardrobes and drawers had been dismantled and gotten rid of, there were three days left of living here.

It was just past half six in the evening and the two girls were watching the evening news when the apartment buzzer went off. Both the girls looked at each other with confused expressions. Handing Meganne Harry, Olivia wandered over to the intercom Pressing the button, she heard it crackle before voices came through.

“OLIVIA AND MEGANNE LET US IN, IT’S COLD!” A smile stretched across Olivia’s face before she pressed the second button which allowed people into the building. Meganne's face lit up from the sofa before she jumped up just as the door swung open reveling a small blonde and a red headed.

“LILY! SOPHIA!” Olivia squealed pulling her best friends into her arms before taking Harry from Meganne to allow her to hug them.

Much excitement was shared before the four girls wandered crashed onto the sofa and Harry became the center of attention.

“He’s gotten so big!” Lily stated as she cuddled the baby.

"He's getting too big, he won't fit half his clothes soon!" Olivia muttered while rolling her eyes in a sarcastic manner but there was still a worried look in her eyes.

“What’s up?” Sophia spoke first.

“It’s just, what if something goes wrong in Maryland?”

“I’ll come and hit the idiot?” Lily suggested while smirking at her friend.

“You have nothing to worry about baby girl; you’ll always have a room in my life!” Meganne spoke, causing Olivia’s eyes to water.

“No, don’t cry!” All three of the girls stated before pulling her into a mixture of their legs and arms.

“I’m gunna miss you all, and all the memories we had in this place." Olivia whispered to them all. Tears were falling fast from all four of their eyes. It really was time to move on and begin their lives properly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. It's been like two years since I updated this and I'm determined to finish it before the end of the year.

but yes, I'm back.