Status: HIATUS.

Tales That Must Be Retold.

Friends?

Turns out Sophia had hooked up with Zack, and they were now dating. The boys are still on tour, at least I think they are I really have no idea; I’ve decided to ignore anything to do with them. Finally, the last year of college had arrived, this time next year I’ll be – well actually I have no plan for what I’m going to be doing after college yet.

It was October now, that incident with Alex was two months ago and I couldn't help myself from thinking about it.

Winter was definitely arriving in the city and everyone had started to layer up their outfits while out. Like today I was dressed in a pair of jeans, a tee-shirt, a hoodie and my coat, along with uggs on my feet and a bobble hat on my head before stepping out into the cold air along with Meganne for our journey to college. She knew that something had happened between me and Alex, she was just acting as if she didn't know, I gave her props for that.

--

Just as I was leaving the college after the day my phone went off, opening it I saw a text from Meganne saying that she’d be home later as she needed to use the library, after replying I started on my wander home.

During the journey home it started to rain, not exactly lightly either and I unfortunately didn’t have an umbrella and my coat also wasn’t waterproof. Upon arriving outside the apartment block, I was soaked through to my tee, but that wasn’t what my attention was focus was on, standing under the porch to the doors stood a figure that looked very familiar, as they turned around at the sound of footsteps I started to wish that I had waited for Meganne, I really wasn’t in the mood to listen to his sob story, or whatever he had to say, but it was too late. Deciding to be an adult about this, I decided to talk to him.

“Alex!" I called out as I made my way towards him and his eyes lit up at the sound of a voice.

“Livs!" He just replied quietly

“Why are you here?” I asked simply not wanting to have to go through pointless questions.

“Um, I wanted to talk to you and I think I left my hoodie behind.” Alex muttered now scuffing his feet along the floor and not meeting my eyes.

“Oh okay then, how about you come in for coffee?” I asked while typing in the key that opened the main buildings door before stepping in out of the rain with him following after simply nodding, the lift journey was probably the most awkward one ever. I think he like I was thinking about the last time we were both in the lift together. Finally the doors opened on the correct floor and I stepped out towards the door before sliding the key into the hole while hoping that the other two were out as I didn’t really want to have to sit through them questioning him about everything, I’d rather do it myself.

Pulling off my coat and hat before placing them on the hangers by the door whilst kicking off my uggs as Alex copied me. Stepping into the kitchen and living area, I made a gesture to Alex to make himself at home as I headed towards my room to change into something dry before returning back to the main room to make both of us drinks.

“Tea or coffee?” I called from the kitchen area.

“Tea please!” He replied, typically being English both me and Alex would drink tea instead of coffee.

“Two sugars and a little milk right?” I turned to see him grinning, obviously amazed that I could still remember how he drunk it and he just nodded before turning his attention to the main wall in front of him.

After five minutes of bustling around in the kitchen, I headed out towards him with a mug in each hand as he stood to take his from me, as his fingers brushed with mine I felt a shiver run through my body, typical of Alex to do that to me, he always used to do it. After both of us had taken long gulps, I turned my attention to the question I’d wanted to know the answer to for years now.

“Why?” Was all I could ask as his eyes flicked up to catch mine before he gulped and started talking.

“Why? Why did I not call? Why did I not visit?” I nodded at him which caused him to continue, “I didn’t want to hurt you, obviously that didn’t happen, I thought that you’d have moved here and you would have moved on and found someone who could be there every day for you, not someone who is home around 60 days of the year, misses his parents birthdays, and forgets to call home while away, I wanted someone to love you the way I didn’t!” He replied while staring directly into my eyes, he couldn’t lie while staring into me.

I was speechless, he didn’t do it to hurt me, and he did it so someone else could love me.
“I thought that if I didn’t call you that you would have forgotten about me, but now looking at you, I can tell that my plan didn’t exactly work” He continued.

“I could never forget you Alex, I grew up with you, I did everything with you, and suddenly you just stopped, I thought you hated me." I could feel tears falling down my face as I stared at the floor while muttering the truth to him.

Upon noticing the tears in my eyes, he instantly moved to pull me against him as I felt the tears fall down into his hoodie covered chest.

“I didn’t hate you, I’ve never hated you, I adore you Livi, I love you with everything, no matter what has happened, I’ll always love you, you were there for me when no one else was, you meant everything to me!” He muttered into my hair as I could feel more tears falling.

"If I meant all that to you, why did you date whatever her name is?" I felt slightly childish for asking this, but I had to.

"Lisa? I'm not really sure why, I guess I thought she could replace the feeling of missing you, but she didn't and I had to end it. But how do you know that?" He asked, tilting his head and staring at me with confused eyes.

"I looked you guys up once and that came up. I still listen to you, keeps me sane." I replied honestly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I never meant to make you hurt!"

"I do forgive you, deep down."

"So, can we be friends?" His eyes were lit up with hope.

"Yeah, friends!" It kinda hurt to say that, but it was better than nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
mwahaha, this is completely different to City Dreams! They get together in that chapter and I wanted to make it longer before they do.