Just Being With You

Red Carpet Nightmares

"Are you nervous?" Harry whispered as we prepared to step out of the black limo and onto the red carpet, where swarms of paparazzi were waiting. I gave him a small, half hearted smile, "Very".
"But you do this all the time" Eleanor pointed out, confused as to why I looked as if I might throw up. "That doesn't mean I like it. Plus, everybody is going to be talking about us. Oh God, we're going to have to lie about how long we've been together. I'm literally the worst actress ever" I said, grabbing hold of Harry's hand and squeezing it as hard as I could for fear that he might walk off without me. "You'll be fine, you look beautiful. I'm not going to leave you." Harry told me, kissing me lightly as a man opened the door and I was near blinded.
Harry stepped out of the car, and took my hand, helping me out. Together, we began to walk slowly down the carpet as people called our names and the paparazzi belted out questions.

It had been arranged that we would be interviewed by a woman named Charlotte once we reached the end and so eventually we stopped. We waited a second whilst the cameras were positioned and we checked that our dresses were sitting straight before the interview began. She asked straightforward questions like who were our dresses by and were we looking forward to the film before getting down to what everybody wanted to know.
"So Emme, how long have you been with Harry?" she asked and I smiled. Harry and I had agreed earlier that we wouldn't be specific, if I was pregnant I didn't want people to think I was a complete whore who jumps into bed with the first guy who looks her way.
"A while" I told her and I was about to elaborate, tell her how I'd met at a party of a mutual friend when it struck me. "Oh my god" I whispered to myself, as the familiar sensation began to creep up my throat. My stomach was churning as everybody looked at me expectantly, I shot a look at Harry, trying to communicate that if I wasn't taken to the bathroom immediately the carpet would no longer be red.
Harry looked at me in confusion and shot management a look, who quickly stepped him and told the man to stop filming. Harry placed a hand on my back and whispered something to Sarah, who immediately grabbed hold of me, weaving me through the crowds and to the bathroom.
I raced to the toilet, hanging my head over the bowl and vomited, twice as Sarah simply held my hair. She didn't say anything, simply held me whilst I worried what the paparazzi might say. Surely they would have noticed me running in here and, failing that, I was sure the news company who had been interviewing us wouldn't hesitate in telling people what had happened.
I retouched my make up quickly with my shaking hands, and tried my best to appear confident as I walked out of the bathroom and back into the madness.
Harry was waiting for me outside with everybody else, and tried to voice his concern although we were aware that everybody on the red carper was straining to hear our conversation. "I'm fine now, I just didn't feel very well." I told him.
"Maybe you should go to the doctors" Niall piped up and everybody shot him a look. I wasn't quite sure whether he was stupid or sarcastic. It seems Liam didn't know either, and he quickly changed the subject. "Well Paul talked the guys into giving us another interview, and they won't air the other one. After that we have to give autographs" he told me and I sighed in relief. Thank god they wouldn't be airing the interview.

We assembled ourselves in front of the camera for the second time that evening. Charlotte asked the same question again, "So how long have you been with Harry?" and I answered as smoothly as possible.
"We've been together quite a while, just over a year actually. We met at a party of a mutual friend and kept in contact." I told her and Harry carried on after me, just like we'd rehearsed with Louis as the interviewer.
"From then on I kept texting Emme and eventually we went on a date. We decided to keep it quiet though, we both agreed that, after having relationships in the public eye before, it would be best to keep things quiet whilst we saw how things went." he said smoothly and I smiled, he was good at this.
"So what made you decide to come out about your relationship?" Charlotte asked and I froze slightly. We hadn't prepared for this question.
"Well obviously there were the pictures from the BRIT awards, and I know we've both become more comfortable in the public eye as our relationship progressed, so it was all just a matter of time." I told her, trying to seem nonchalant as my mind went into turmoil. Shit, had I said the right thing? Surely when they found out I was pregnant they would know that was why we'd come out about it.
I'm not sure what had triggered my sudden certainty that I was pregnant. Maybe it was because I'd finally thrown up properly instead of just retching, maybe I'd known all along and I'd just been in denial in case Harry didn't want it too. But now, I was ninety-nine percent sure that I was pregnant, and one hundred percent sure that, if it was true, Harry would stand by me.
I looked over at him where he was smiling, joking about something with Liam as the cameras kept rolling, "I love you" I whispered and he wrapped his arms round me. "You don't have to thank me for anything, I'm always going to be here" he told me, quietly enough that I was sure people wouldn't hear and kissing me on the top of my head.

I sighed once we reached home, setting my clutch down on my bedside table and sitting down heavily on my bed. I was exhausted, I always was after things like that and to make it worse I had an early morning photo shoot the next day. "So" Sarah said to me, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively as she spoke. The boys had left, reluctantly in Harry's case, under their management's instructions as they had meetings the next day and they 'were bratty when they were tired'.
"What?" I asked Sarah, kicking my shoes off and running my hands over my feet. "I haven't had a chance to speak with you alone since last night. Anyway, how was the sex?" she asked and waved her hand as I opened my mouth. "Don't deny I, I heard you last night" she told me and I blushed. I thought we'd been quiet, had everybody heard?
"It was...amazing. I usually go for older guys, so I thought he'd be inexperienced, but he was really good." I told her, trying to stop blushing. I wasn't sure why I'd gone so red, Sarah and I always talked about this stuff together.
"You so like him" she told me. "I know" I admitted, turning even more red as she began to cackle. Then, without warning, tears began to pour. "Am I doing the right thing?" I asked her, sobbing into my hands.
"He's eighteen years old and girls everywhere are in love with him. His career is just about to take off and now I'm pregnant. I think he just feels like he has to support me." I told her, batting her hands away as she tried to comfort me.
"He's such a good person, and he would stay if I told him to, but what if he shouldn't. I'm just holding him back. He's so talented, and it's not just him, it's the boys. I'm ruining their careers" I told her. "He's mean to go on tour to America soon. Even if I wanted him her he wouldn't be" I told her, ignoring her attempts at consoling me until eventually she left to go to bed.
"Just promise me you won't cut him out" she told me before she left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, thank you for the comments, I really appreciate them. Anyway, I hope you like this! Don't be a silent reader! :)