Just Being With You

Advice

Harry POV

"Caroline? Are you free? I really need to talk to you." I told her, desperation creeping into my voice. "Of course, what is it?" she asked, sounding concerned yet slightly pleased that I'd chosen to call her.
I arranged to meet her at a bar near my flat. It wasn't very well known, so there was no chance of us being pictured together, I knew that being pictured with Caroline a few days after announcing that I was with Emme would be blown wildly out of proportion. Although I wasn't sure she'd even care, the way she'd just acted.
I sighed, running my hands through my hair as a man walked up to me. "You don't know me, I'm Mark, but I wouldn't get too upset about that. She can act like this, pushing people away, but things always work out in the end." he told me before walking away.
"That's fucking messed up" I muttered to myself, before realising it didn't even have anything to do with me any more. "She doesn't want me" I told myself before leaving the studio to go and meet Caroline.

You know how you can have two best friends who are completely different, and people can't understand how someone could be close to two people who are so, completely different. Well that's what it was like with Emme and Caroline. They were so different in every way imaginable, but I couldn't help but have feelings for them both.
Caroline. She was so laid back, so sexy and so self assured. I guess that's what came from growing older.She didn't seem to care what people said about her, she lived for the moment, and that's why I'd loved her in the first place. It was the opposite of why I loved Emme.

Emme's vulnerability and self doubt was incredibly attractive. She needed assurance that what she was doing was right, and I loved giving it to her. I supposed the lack of confidence had come from growing in the public eye who, and I knew from experience, just loved to build you up and tear you down. It gave you a sense of desperation to appear perfect, and with the help of others, I'd overcome that, although I guessed she hadn't. That was probably the reason she'd left me, she'd probably leave and try to keep the pregnancy under wraps, because she hated being seen as anything other than innocent, the perfect role model.

The fact that she'd chosen her image over me was fucking infuriating.

I pondered this as I walked through the streets of London, doing my best to avoid fan girls and photographers. Hastily, I stuffed my fists into my pockets, trying to appear care free as I felt like crying. What gave her the right to decide what was best for us? Why the hell did she think she could control my future, I thought bitterly. She'd probably run off to get an abortion and I'd never see her again.

Eventually I reached the bar where I was supposed to meet Caroline. I ordered a vodka and coke, downing it quickly as the barman watched on with raised eyebrows. "You're that guy from the band, aren't you?" he asked and I nodded wearily. What the fuck was this? Could I not get a drink in peace and quiet for once?
"My girlfriend loves you man?" he said, grinning. "Well at least someone does" I muttered bitterly and he frowned. "What are you talking about dude? You're banging Emme York, the whole fucking world is in love with you" he said, clapping me on the back before going through the back on his manager's orders, leaving my mind to stew.

A few minutes later Caroline arrived, but before I could get too excited, I spotted a disgruntled looking man in tow. "Harry" Caroline said brightly. "This is my boyfriend Dave. I brought him with me, you don't mind do you?" she asked, pulling me in for a hug.
I gave a grunt which translated loosely to 'No' and sat back down on the bar stool, slumping slightly in disappointment. What was the point in being a pop star if you couldn't get laid?

I listened as Caroline gushed about how happy she was, evidently unaware of the fact that my 'relationship', if that's what it could be called had broken down. By the time she'd fin shed drinking, I'd had another three drinks, and was finding it hard to sit up straight. Caroline cast a worried look at Dave before leaning over and clasping one of my hands.
"Is everything okay Harry? You've been kind of quiet." she said as Dave left discreetly, knowing it was best for us to be alone. "Noo" I slurred, trying to pull my hand free of hers. "Everybody is moving on. All the guys have girlfriends" I told her, eventually managing to free my hand, using it to drain my glass.
"You have Emme don't you?" she asked, furrowing her brows slightly. She'd clearly seen the pictures of us last night and thought we were the perfect couple. Just like everybody else in the whole fucking world.
"She dumped me. She said she can't be with me" I slurred and it took a moment for Caroline to work out what I'd said. "What when did this happen? Did she say why?" Caroline asked, concern clear on her face.
"It's because she's pregnant" I told her, waving my hand absently. "It doesn't matter, I just want to kiss you" I told her, leaning forward, only to be pushed away.
"You are so stupid" Caroline told me, leaning back in her seat to ensure she wasn't within kissing distance. "You're so hot" I told her, smiling in what I hope was a charming fashion.

"Harry I should have told you this a long time ago, but you're too young for me. And I'm happy now. But seriously, you are stupid. You should never believe a pregnant woman when she behaves like that. She's just being hormonal and she's eighteen, she's probably scared shitless." she told me and I frowned in confusion.
"So we haven't broken up?" I asked her, still in the dark about the whole hormones thing.
Caroline laughed, "Well I can't speak for her, but it sounds like she's just scared. Show her you can be grown up and stop going round trying to kiss your exes" she told me.
"In fact, I'm taking you back to your flat to make sure that you don't go out and get pictured with another bimbo." she told me. helping e up out of my chair and leading the way through the bar, as I was hopelessly lost.

Half an hour later we made it back to my apartment where Caroline put me into bed, leaving a glass of water and two paracetamol, because "I'd need it when I woke up".

Emme POV

I heard the door open downstairs and ran down as quickly as possible. "Emme! George told me you were here. How are you?" Ella asked, enveloping me in a hug. I could smell her perfume on her as she hugged me, and the scent comforted me.
My family was extremely dysfunctional, and it turned out that I was closer to my step mother than my real mum, although as Ella was only nine years older than me, we were friends more than anything. I'd been her bridesmaid when she'd married my Dad three years ago, along with Sarah.
"I'm not that great" I admitted as she let go of me, still holding onto my hands as she looked me up and down. "Well you look amazing" she told me, a frown wrinkling her otherwise perfect forehead.
She led me into one of the reception rooms, which had been decorated yet again and sat me down.
"What's happened? Is it your new boyfriend?" she asked and I leant back slightly. She laughed, "I do watch the news. You are everywhere at the moment. I've been waiting for you to phone me to tell me about him" she exclaimed, laughing slightly at my shocked face.
"Oh God. Everybody knows." I said, covering my face. "Honey, everybody knows when you leave the house to get coffee. Obviously people would go crazy over you dating Harry Styles" she laughed.

"I'm not dating him. Not any more" I told her and she sighed. "What's happened?" she asked. "We broke up this morning. I'm pregnant" I told her and her mouth formed a perfect 'o' as her eyes travelled down to stare at my flat stomach. "What? When?" she asked, struggling to get her words out.
I haven't taken a test, but I'm ninety-nine percent sure." I told her. "And he broke up with you when he found out?" Ella asked, an angry look on her usually bright face.

"No.I broke up with him. I don't want to bring a baby into a world like this. Harry is going to America soon and I'll be busy working soon. I don't want it to grow up like I did." I told her. "I don't even know if I want this baby" I said and Ella offered me a small smile.

"I understand that, I really do. But this baby isn't an it, it's a real person, growing inside you. You can't focus on the past when making decisions for your future." she told me, biting her lip. "I know that it feels like the scariest thing in the world right now, but that doesn't mean you should make a rash decision. There are people who want a baby more than anything, they would kill to be in your position" she said, never taking her eyes off of my face and I instantly felt awful.
"You think I should keep it?" I asked her, swallowing slightly. "I think you should talk to Harry" she told me. "After today, he will never want to talk to me again" I told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ella's Outfit:
Trousers: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/189646
Jacket: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/189639
Shirt: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/188385
Shoes: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/190501

Hey, I'm really sorry it's been a while, I've literally had exams all week, and then I was sleeping it off. Anyway, I'm here now and I'll be updating more regularly! I hope you like this, don't be a silent reader!