Just Being With You

Scandals

I woke up the next day to a churning in my stomach. I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom, throwing up every little thing that I'd eaten the day before. Afterwards I stumbled back into my old room which I'd loved so much. From when I was twelve I'd spent the week in my Mum's house, before going to my Dad's at the weekend.
Now, when I looked around at the rich purple interior, it all seemed childish. I seemed childish. Instead of facing my problems I'd run off to my father's house, yet again playing the spoilt brat. What the hell was wrong with me? Why was I not capable of making one grown up decision?
I walked downstairs slowly, trying to decide whether I should go back to London, and what I'd do when I got there. I didn't have a house to stay in. I'd have to stay with a friend or check into a hotel,there was no way I could go back to the flat. I was pretty sure Sarah would strangle me.

But she hadn't been that great through all of this. She seemed more concerned with her own life and her own relationship with Niall. I'd introduced her to them, and now she was taking my place. She'd probably become best friends with Eleanor and Danielle, and Harry would meet the perfect girl who was thin, pretty, smart and nice. And not pregnant.
Sarah was probably laughing at me now, with Niall and the rest of the boys. They probably all hated me, I thought to myself.
No, they were all so nice. They weren't the type of people to do that.
But then I hadn't been the kind of girl to act like this. I'd hurt their best friend, they had every right to hate me, and they were probably using it.

I found Ella I the kitchen, pouring herself a smoothie. "How are you this morning?" She asked, as I groaned. "Sick and stupid" I told her and she smiled slightly as I rested my head in my hands.
"Well I've invited Simon over tonight" she told me and I whipped my head up. "What? Why?" I asked, painfully aware of the fact that Simon knew Harry.
"Because you are upset, and he's your godfather. He knows both of you well, so he'll know what to do" she told me, seeming pleased with herself.
"He's going to think I'm so stupid" I told her. First I hadn't used birth control, and then I'd run away from my problems. "That doesn't matter, sometimes you have to admit to being stupid, to stop." she told me, a wise look on her face.
"And until then, how long do you have to wait to take a pregnancy test?" she asked, taking a sip of the drink cheerfully.
"Three days" I mumbled, dreading the moment where it would be confirmed that my life was over.

Sarah POV

Once Emme had left, Niall had immediately enveloped me in a hug, rubbing my back in a soothing manner, and I was glad of it. I'd spent years comforting Emme, and not once had she really helped me through my own problems.
Yes, she'd been there for me, she'd bought the flat for us to share and she'd given me ice cream when I'd been dumped, but I'd always been left with the feeling that she didn't care. It was as if she thought her problems were bigger because they were famous.

I'd finally calmed down enough to explain exactly what had happened to the boys who had been too shocked to take the fight in properly. "And now she's run off. I don' know where she's going, but I think she's getting an abortion or something" I told them, pushing my hair out of my face.
"But last night she said she wanted to raise the baby on her own" I said and Zayn looked up from his phone. "Well Harry's still not answering. They've both gone AWOL." He said with a sigh.

"Does anyone mind if I go back to the flat? He might turn up there." Louis said, standing up and stretching. He'd been truly shocked by Emme leaving, and I could only imagine what he thought of me for saying those things to her. But she always did this, she always had to make everything into this huge drama. It was like she had to press self destruct on every good thing in her life, and then when she was left she couldn't imagine why people thought it was her own fault.
No one had mentioned what I'd said, especially about the eating disorder, and despite my anger at Emme, I couldn't help but feel awful for saying about it in front of the guys. Especially as I knew that she didn't just 'make it up', like I'd accused her. However, there was no way I was going to apologize to her after what she'd said to me.
The rest of the boys agreed that they would go back to their flats because they were tired or meeting their girlfriends, except for Niall who had offered to stay the night because I was upset.

"I bet you think I'm a complete bitch for what I said to her" I said, walking into my bedroom from the bathroom. Niall's eyes widened from where he was lying in my bed. "What? No, of course not. I think you were both upset. Does she really have an eating disorder though?" he asked as I got into the bed and pulled the covers up over myself.
"I feel awful about saying that in front of you guys, but you might as well know now. Emme became bulimic when she was sixteen. She was in hospital and rehab because of it. She's still really insecure" I told him matter of factly and tears began to well up in my eyes.
"Oh God. I'm such an awful friend. I can't believe I said that to her. And she's pregnant" I sobbed in to his chest and he soothed me. "Hey, you both said stuff. What matters is that you apologize." he told me as his phone began to ring.

He leaned over to answer it, putting it on loudspeaker when he realised it was Louis. "Fuck. Niall, there are pictures all over twitter of Harry and Caroline leaving a bar together" Louis shouted, concern filling his voice.
"What? Where are you now? When did this happen?" Niall asked immediately as I shot up, more alert than ever. "I don't know. I got back to the flat and checked my twitter. Caroline isn't here, but Harry's passed out in his bed" he told Niall. "What if he got her pregnant too? You know how irrational he is when he's drunk." Louis said.
Niall sighed, "I'm sure he hasn't. Caroline isn't stupid enough to not use protection. The most important thing to do is phone management. Tell them everything that's happened and make sure they release a statement about them being friends. Phone me when you're done." Niall told him firmly, and I was impressed.
"That was impressive" I told him once he'd hung up and he sighed. "Harry's been involved in his fair share of scandals. We've all learnt to deal with them." he told me, snuggling into my neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, her's the next chapter. I hope you like it! Don't be a silent reader :)