Just Being With You

Rumours

I woke up early the next morning to an obnoxious ringing sound. Grappling with my bedside table to find the source of the noise, my hand eventually found the smooth, cold screen of my phone. I picked it up groggily, answering the call.
"Hello?" a woman asked once a few moments had passed and I still hadn't spoken.
"Ssshnnn" I scolded them, internally cursing them for being rude enough to phone at...oh, ten am.
"Emme this is Helen. What's wrong with you?" asked the woman, sounding uncharacteristically concerned. "I'm tired" I told her through a yawn. "And I feel sick" I admitted and I heard a groan.
"Oh for God's sake." she muttered and before I had time to process what she'd said I was struck with a familiar feeling.
Groaning, I covered my mouth in attempt to rid myself of the sudden nausea. "Helen, I have to go." I told her, ending the call and tossing my phone back onto the bed where Harry was sleeping before sprinting to the bathroom.
I hung my head over the basin for a moment, cringing as I felt the bile rising up in my throat. Then, as I began to vomit, someone walked into the bathroom and held my hair back.
A few minutes later, I stood up, splashing water on my face before turning to him gratefully.
"You didn't have to do that." I told Harry and he simply wrapped his arms around me.
"I said I'd be here for everything." he told me, rubbing my back gently as he spoke.

Whilst I brushed my teeth Harry went to watch some TV. We had arranged to leave to look at a house later in the day so we had a few hours to get ready before we left. As I walked out of the bathroom I glanced at the bed, noticing that my phone had a new message.
I looked at them quickly, skimming through the angry words Helen was sending me. The long and short of it was that she needed to speak to both Harry and I urgently and she was on her way.

"Harry" I called, making my way through the house and into the TV room. "Helen is on her way - she says she has something to speak to us about." I told him, looking slightly panicked.
"What, what have we done?" he asked, an expression of terror on his own face.
"I don't know. Maybe she found out about the baby" I suggested, wondering how she would kill me when she found out. Maybe I was overreacting slightly, but Helen could get angry when she wanted to.

"Shit" Harry said simply. "Are we going to tell her the truth?" he asked and I shrugged helplessly. "If we are then I'll call Paul to tell him about it." he told me, already taking out his phone.
"Wait, he's already rung me like, five times this morning. I must have forgotten to take my phone off of silent." he said, looking up at me with a confused expression.
"They can't both have found out. What have we done recently?" I asked him.

After a moment spent pondering, Harry looked up at me. "Nothing, I mean, apart from taking the test." he said.
"Exactly" I said, a triumphant expression on my face before I realised that it didn't mean I wasn't in trouble.
I was knocked out of my observations when there was a knock at the door. The knock of doom came to mind.

I felt my eyes widen at the sound, wondering whether I could just go back to bed and pretend nothing had ever happened. Instead, Harry stood up, taking my hand and leading me towards the door.
Once there, I found an extremely pissed off Helen looking straight in the eye. "Um, before you say anything, I just want to tell you that I haven't done anything" I told her and she glared straight back at me. "I'll be the judge of that" she said, walking past a worried looking Harry who had cowered against the wall.
"Harry, your manager is on his way" she told him once she'd sat down on the sofa. I simply stood there, stunned. She'd literally just walked into someone's house and started telling them off. How could that even be considered normal, let alone polite?

"I received some interesting news this morning." she told me, watching as Harry sat down, pulling me into the seat next to him. "Great." I muttered sarcastically, watching as Harry smirked into his lap.
"This isn't a laughing matter. Last night, after the One Direction concert, a cleaner found something in the toilets." she said and my head shot up. Shit, I knew I'd forgotten something. Harry was still sitting there, looking around absent mindedly. He was seemingly oblivious to what I'd done.

"There was a pregnancy testing kit in there. It was positive." she said and I watched as he paled. "The woman has contacted the press and tipped them off." she said, a stern look on her face. Forget the knock of doom, it was the voice.

"Do they know whose it is?" I asked immediately. "No, thankfully. That was the reason for my call this morning. Harry's manager contacted me to tell me so I phoned to see whose it was. But apparently you were too sick to hold a conversation." she said, shooting me a look before continuing.
"The press don't know whose it is yet so hopefully we'll be able to keep it from them for as long as possible. Until then you should keep quiet, we don't need any more scandals." she said, eyebrows raised.
After she spoke there was another knock at the door and Harry stood up to answer it, looking grateful that he had something to do. Whilst he was gone Helen began to speak once again.
"I assume Harry already knew?" she asked and I nodded weakly. "How angry are you?" I asked, trying to avoid looking her straight in the eye.
"I'm not angry, just disappointed." she stated and I felt my heart plummet. Disappointment was always worse than anger and she knew that.

"Right, so I'm assuming that it was your test?" came a deep voice from the door and the man I'd met last night, Paul, was standing there. I nodded, unsure if I could actually speak, because in that moment, that agonising moment, it was probably the worst trouble I'd ever been in. All I'd done was have sex.

"Right, you need to give me the facts, when this happened, what you're planning to do about it and then we'll come up with a solution." stated Paul, taking a seat on the sofa opposite us. I felt like I was being interviewed.
"I'm two weeks pregnant." I whispered, trying not to sound so scared. What if they were angry? What if they told me Harry couldn't be seen as a father and made me get rid of the baby? Harry obviously noticed how close to breaking down I was and grabbed my hand, squeezing it in a comforting fashion.

Paul nodded seriously. He was obviously a very straight forward person, who didn't bother messing around. He just wanted to deal with it as quickly as possible.
"Right, well this is being published tomorrow so I need to know what's happening now. Are you planning on keeping it?" he asked and I immediately brought my hand to my stomach, as if to protect it.
"Yes" I said, somewhat defensively and he held his hands up. "Hey, calm down. I'm not going to make you get rid of it. We just need to know what to do about the story. So, what are you planning on doing Harry?" he asked, his face somewhat softer now he'd realised that I wasn't just a slut that would abort her baby.

"I'm staying with her, we're going to raise the baby together. We're going to look at houses together today and we'll move in together as soon as possible." he told him and Paul gave a small smile as Helen interrupted.
"You do know that you're going on tour in five weeks time, don't you?" she asked, a look of disbelief on her face.
"Emme's coming with us. I don't care what the fans think, she's my priority." he told them both. Helen looked slightly surprised at his answer, I don't think she'd accounted for just how determined he was to make this work.
"I know you probably disapprove, and think we're being stupid. I know I'm only eighteen and it's not what anyone expects of me, but I'm having this baby. I love Harry and I love the baby. Helen you know more than anyone that I have trust issues, but this is the most safe I've felt in years, I will make this work." I told them both.

"Right then, well I will talk to the Press. I won't reveal that it's your test, we want to keep it as quiet as we can for as long as possible because when people know, they will go crazy." Paul told us, standing up to leave. "And until then, lie low. Don't do anything crazy." he said, looking straight at Harry.
After Paul had left Helen stood up to go. "This is hard for me to say, as your publicist, because it's probably the worst thing a teenage client can do. What I'm trying to say is, I'm proud of you. You finally seem happy and I'm not going to ruin that for you." she told me, wrapping her arms round me in an awkward hug.
"Thank you Helen. For everything. I know I take you for granted sometimes, but you've been like a Mum to me." I told her before letting go and watching as she picked her bag up.

A few hours later I was standing inside the huge house Harry and I had spoken to the Real Estate agent about. With six bedrooms, six bathrooms and three reception rooms, there was no way we needed it, especially when we were leaving the UK in a few weeks. But I loved it.
"This is so cool" I murmured to Harry as the woman led us through to the huge kitchen diner.
"It's amazing." he agreed letting me rest my head on his shoulder as she spoke. We weren't even attempting to listen, instead I stood there, smiling as I looked around, every so often catching snippets of what she was saying.
"Tennis court"..."Pools inside and outside" were just some of the highlights.
Afterwards Harry and I walked out, only focusing on not tripping over our own feet as we made our way through the crowds of paparazzi.
Once safely in Harry's car I allowed myself to speak. "Your fans are going to go crazy when they see this. First they find a positive pregnancy test and then the next day we're seen out house hunting." I said and Harry simply grinned.
"Let's just make a joke out of it to throw them off the scent." he told me as he pulled out of the parking space.
"What do you mean?" I asked and simply tapped his nose.

Four hours later I found myself sitting in Harry's living room as Niall set up a camera in front of us. Louis and Eleanor, Liam and Danielle and Harry and I had all gathered at their flat to film a video that we would post on twitter the next day, so Zayn and Niall had decided to join us.
Danielle, Eleanor and I had all bought fake baby bumps and were wearing them under our tops. Just looking at them sitting there with huge bumps like a nine month pregnant woman would have, was enough to make me burst out laughing.
A few minutes later, Niall pressed record and I watched as Louis and Eleanor sat there with grins on their faces. "Hello everyone" Louis boomed as Eleanor let a giggle escape her mouth.
At that moment the camera was positioned so that you couldn't tell she had a bump but as Louis spoke, "Eleanor and I have an announcement to make" the camera panned to give a profile view and reveal her huge stomach.
"We're having a-" they both began to shout through their laughter as the door opened and Liam walked in, leading a huge Danielle as he rested his hand on the small of her back. She was cradling her stomach delicately.
Both of the boys looked at each other, to their girlfriend's bump, to their best friend's girlfriend's bump and back to each other.
"What's going on here?" asked Liam in a deep voice and I could almost hear his fans screaming once they saw this.
"Well I'm preg-" both of the girls began but I cut them off by walking in front of the camera with Harry, waddling slightly to have more of an effect.
"I'm pregnant" I said in unison with the girls before Louis stepped forward and began to speak.
"Yes girls, you heard right. One of us is having a baby." he said, looking directly into the camera.
"BUT WHO?" we all screamed and you could hear Niall laughing for just a moment before the recording was stopped.
"I can't wait to see how people react when they see this." Zayn said with a smirk.

"Well they might have a fit" I said nonchalantly as I flopped onto a groaning Harry who was on the sofa.
"Ugh, I think that bump weighs about a ton" he moaned, rubbing his stomach where I'd landed. "Well so will I when I'm actually this pregnant." I told him and he laughed.
"I doubt that. But don't worry, I'll still love you when you weigh the same as a small elephant." he said and for once, I could actually laugh at a joke about my weight. I mean really laugh, not a small, fake smile designed to make people shut up about it.
"I can't believe we have to wait until tomorrow to post this" whined Eleanor who was sitting on Louis' lap as he stroked the bump. "Louis, it's not a real bump" I told him and he jumped.
"Don't be so mean. I was just thinking about what the world would be like with mini Louis' running around" he said, making a particularly attractive face at me.
"Horrific" I muttered and Harry laughed, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

Outfit:
Dress - http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/314368
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone, thank you for the comments, I had more than normal which was amazing! Anyway, please keep commenting and subscribing, I really appreciate it :)