Just Being With You

Damage Control

Getting back to my flat had been quite an ordeal. After wrestling through the crowds of paparazzi crowded outside Harry's building I eventually got into the car. "So, are you going to see him again?" Sarah asked with a smile. I grinned, some people thought that it was weird that I was so close to one of my employees, but truth be told, she was the closest friend I had. She'd been through everything with me, since we'd become friends when we were eleven she'd seen me crying about my parents divorce and countless other things.
"Well he said he'll text me later, but I'm not sure." I told her, trying to disguise my excitement. "Do you want to see him again?" she quizzed me relentlessly. "Yeah, I mean he's really great. He probably doesn't want to see me again though. I was so drunk I remember dancing with him and saying 'you make me hot'" I told her, cringing at the memory. "No way! That is the most cringe thing I've heard in my life. Still, he must have liked it if he took you back to his place." she said, laughing slightly as I buried my face in my hands. "Shut up, I'm not going to talk about the sex with you." I screamed through our laughter. "Fine. Was it good though?" she laughed until I slapped her on the leg.

When we got back to the flat we shared I found multiple messages had been left on my phone. "Why didn't you just take your mobile with you?" Sarah asked as she grabbed an apple and threw herself down onto the sofa. "I just couldn't be bothered, anyway I couldn't sit there on my phone for the whole night." I told her as I poured myself a drink. "Well you're going to pay for that" she said seriously before switching the TV on and watching Friends.
I knew she was right as I checked just how many missed calls I had from my manager Helen. I tried to sound nonchalant when she answered the phone. "Hey Helen, sorry I haven't been able to answer the phone. What's up?" I said, pacing p and down my bedroom as I spoke. "Maybe you should tell me that" she said in an icy tone. "It's not my fault. I was drunk and I went back to his house. I didn't even know there were any paparazzi around. Then I woke up and they were everywhere so Sarah came to pick me up with some spare clothes." I said, rushing my words in the hope that it would make me sound more innocent.
"Oh, Emme." she sighed, "Listen, I know that you're nineteen year old girl and you have certain urges, but you're a role model. In the public eye you have to behave a certain way and you know that." and I almost screamed with laughter. Urges? How embarrassing. "I know, I know. That's why I made Sarah bring me some clothes so I can say I slept in a spare room and we're just good friends" I told her, pulling a face.
"I know but now the media think that you're in a relationship and you have clothes over at his house." she told me and I blushed. Why were people so incredibly interested in my private life. "Are you planning on seeing him again?" she asked and I pondered whether I should tell her the truth or keep her happy. In the end I went with the first option. "I gave him my number, I want to see him again, but I don't know if I will." I told her.
She groaned, "Right then, don't speak to any press until you've seen him again unless it's an interviews. When asked you'll tell them that you met him a while back and you get along very well. Just don't specify when you met or what happened." she told me and I sighed in relief, Helen always knew what to do. "In the meantime, you should try to lay low and avoid any scandals. I'll talk to his people and see what they think of everything. But I warn you, he's in a young boy band, he's supposed to have a wholesome image. His manager probably won't be as accepting of this as I am." she told me. Fucking hell, I thought to myself. It wasn't as if I was pregnant...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everybody, thanks for the support and encouragement from the readers, I really appreciate it. Anyway, please leave a comment! :)