Just Being With You

Interviews

"Nervous?" I asked Harry as we sat backstage on The Graham Norton Show. He picked up my hand, kissing it lightly before beginning to play with it.
"Never." he grinned, and I let myself relax.

It was one week until we left for America, and Helen had arranged for us to announce the pregnancy on the show. Since the video had been released over a month ago, people were desperate to find out which of us was pregnant, and had taken to stalking Danielle, Eleanor and myself. However, we hadn't told the producers our plans, although we were sure that they would ask us, so we decided that we would just tell them the truth when asked.

That's how I found myself standing at the side of the set as I waited for the host to introduce Harry and I.
"Our next guests are the hottest young couple in Hollywood, they've achieved levels of notoriety previously unheard of when they released that video last month." he told the crowd, emphasising the word 'That' as they began to scream. I cringed slightly as he made it sound like a sex tape, although I consoled myself with the fact that people knew it was just a normal, jokey video.
"It's Harry Styles and his beautiful girlfriend Emme York!" he shouted as the screams began to increase in volume.
I walked out happily, trying to appear carefree as nerves threatened to overtake me. No amount of catwalk, or interviews could make me confident whilst speaking publicly.

I kissed him on both cheeks, hovering awkwardly by the sofa as I waited for Harry to finish shaking his hand and sit down. Finally, they were done and Harry sat down next to me, taking my hand reassuringly.
It had been arranged before hand that they would wait to bring the other guests on until they had interviewed the two of us, unlike he normally did so once the crowd had died down, the grilling began.

"Firstly, can I just say how great it is to have you here?" Graham said happily and I smiled.
"It's amazing to be here." I told him happily.
"We have a supermodel in the house, plus one fifth of One Direction!" he cheered, laughing as the crowd began to scream, yet again.
"Actually, there are three fifths of One Direction here." Harry smiled, intertwining his fingers with mine as Graham frowned in confusion.

"Pardon? Three members? But none of the other boys are here..." he trailed off, obviously feeling awkward. I had to admit, I'd probably feel the same in his position in front of hundreds of people who were expecting him to give the perfect interview. Nevertheless, I giggled quietly, knowing exactly where Harry was going with it.
"Emme is practically a member of One Direction already, she's actually coming on tour with us. And we've brought our own little member of One Direction with us." Harry grinned, flashing me a smile as we waited for everybody to react.
It was silent for a moment before the audience and Graham processed what we'd said, before the crowd erupted into cheers.
"So it is your baby?" Graham asked, looking almost as Harry and I. He probably knew what an exclusive like hat would do for his career.
"It is our baby." I confirmed, smiling easily at Harry who still hadn't let go of my hand.

"It's early days, but we thought that since we were coming on the show, we might as well announce it." Harry told him once he'd finished congratulating us.
"Well how far along are you?" Graham asked, glancing down at my stomach which was, thankfully, still flat.
"Um, about six and a half weeks. This is a genuine BRIT baby, it was conceived on the night of the awards" I smiled. That was my favourite thing about it, I was hoping that the success of the night would rub off on the baby and they would be an amazing singer.
"We're really excited about this." I told him happily, smiling as Harry nodded his head in agreement.
"You're both only just eighteen, do you not worry that you're too young for a baby? Some might say that you're not prepared." Graham asked and annoyance began to bubble up inside of me, although I knew he was just doing his job.

"Not really, I mean, I know we're young. But at the same time, I don't think there's a set age, like you can only have kids when you're thirty. There's definitely a difference between being young and being immature." I told him in the most polite tone I could muster.
"And I think that most people, no matter how young or old they are, are unprepared for just how much responsibility a baby brings. But we're just taking it one step at a time. We know it won't be easy, but we'll try our best." Harry added in, with yet another charming smile and a reassuring glance to let me know he was there for me.

"Urgh, he brought up the whole age issue. I was like 'I think we're both mature enough to deal with it." I whined to Ella after the interview. Harry and I had arrived home to find the house empty, which was unusual in itself, as Louis had taken it upon himself to get a set of keys cut for each of the boys. To say that they were there a lot would be an understatement.

"You're old enough. You've been mature through the whole process which shows that you'll be just fine with a baby. There are always going to be people who enjoy putting you down, but the worst thing you can do is rise to it. People always said I was too young for your Dad, but I've let them carry on with that because I love him. And now it's calmed down and people have begun to accept that he can make his own decision without their own personal input." Ella told me and I sighed quietly.
"I know you're right, it's just frustrating. I've loved only a few people knowing because it means that people don't criticise me that much, but now the whole audience have been telling everyone they know and as soon as the interview is aired they'll probably agree with Graham." I told her unhappily.
After a few reassuring words, Ella hung up as she had a dinner to go to and I was left to my own devices.
Strolling into the kitchen to find Harry, I was faced with a very attractive sight.

Harry was standing, butt naked, except for an apron, facing away from me as he cut some peppers.
Unable to stop myself, I laughed, covering my mouth as Harry turned to face me in his blue and white striped apron, a wide grin on his face.
"What are you doing?" I asked, laughing still as he began to throw a spare pepper between his hands.
"I've decided to combine my skills as a cook and a heartthrob, to give you the ultimate pleasure." he told me, wiggling his eyebrows and smirking as he spoke.
"You are such a twat." I laughed, watching as he put the pepper down, walking towards me with a grin.
"But I'm your twat." he said in a husky voice, wrapping his arms around me.

Needless to say, he didn't actually get round to any cooking...
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, no idea where this came from, I guess I just pulled it out of nowhere. Anyway, I hope you like it, pleas leave a comment :)