Status: Completed for the time being

The Sun, The Stars and Luna

Do You Still Hate Me?

James was a loss for words. The girl who he had loved and whose heart he broke all those years ago was sitting beside him, touching him, smiling at him, not hitting him. He didn't know how to act. Did he hug her? Did he touch her leg? Was that too forward?

"I'm okay," James finally spoke after a few minutes of silence between them. He was in total shock. "How are you?"

"I'm fantastic!" Luna smiled. "I'm sorry about the Cup, Jam."

"Thanks, Lou." James nodded. A silence overcame them. James didn't want to have to ask this, but he needed to know.

"Why are you talking to me?" He asked. "A couple of years ago you swore I was the devil and that you hated me. Now you're talking to me like I never hurt you. Why?"

Luna laughed lightly and didn't reply. She took her hands off of him and placed them on either side of her on the bench. She swung her feet forward and backward a few times, choosing her words wisely.

"Do you still hate me?" James asked. He needed to know. She had been in the back of his mind for years and he could never get over what he had done to her. It wasn't what he wanted, but he felt that he had to do it.

"I don't think so," She replied. "I stopped hating you and kicking your ass all over Ontario about two years ago."

"It took you almost 3 years to get over me?" James asked, his heart sped up. He felt awful. An old wave of guilt washed over him.

"You were my first love, James." Luna shrugged. "But it's just, it's whatever."

Luna had a secret that would crush him as much as him leaving crushed her. She wouldn't tell him now, but she knew that she had to. It had been almost 7 years since it had happened and he had a right to know.

"Do you forgive me though?" James asked.

"Forgive you for breaking up with me when we were 18?" Luna laughed. "Yeah, Jay. I forgive you."

"Do you mean that?" James asked.

"It was ages ago, Jam. We were just kids," Luna shrugged. Truth was, she was lying. She was still so angry with him. She knew that hockey was what he loved, but he abandoned her when she needed him the most.

"Don't lie to me," James ordered. He knew when she was lying. He had spent all his teen years with her. As much as Luna would like to disagree that he didn't know her at all anymore, he did. She was the exact person she had been all those years ago.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Luna asked, standing up and straightening out her dress.

"All right," James nodded. They walked out of the backyard and out to the front of the house. They walked down the street. They walked in silence.

"What's up?" James asked. "You're quiet, and you have never been quiet."

"James," She stated, stopping walking.

"Fuck," James sighed. "This isn't good. You used my full name."

"The day that you broke up with me," She started. "There was something that I had to tell you, too. I didn't tell you because I knew that it would change your mind and you wouldn't have the life that you have now."

James said nothing. He held his breath and waited.

"I wanted to tell you that day, but couldn't." She repeated.

"Tell me," James ordered, panicking.

"I was pregnant," She stated, not looking at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave any comments or send me a message! Thank you to everyone who has read and subscribed so far!