Status: idek ksjfak

Right From the Start

Obscure

I don’t know what came over me but as soon as I looked up at the guy who was formally asking me to the dance, my heart skipped a beat. This wasn’t the ‘oh my crush is right there asking me to dance’ skipped a beat it was the ‘what the hell why is this hunk of a man asking me to dance?’ skipped a beat.

My mouth was hanging open and I was sure the smile oh this guy’s face told me that I was more or less embarrassing myself. Garrett cleared his throat and that was my signal to snap out of my reverie before I embarrass myself even more. I snapped my blond bobble head towards him and caught a flicker ofdisgustcross his eyes. Wait why would Garrett be disgusted?

I looked up at the guy’s green orbs and instantly thought of John…and here goes my mind thinking about that stupid almost kiss. Crap. I mentally slapped myself and gave him a warm smile. I hoped it looked convincing.

“Um…” I fumbled with my fingers and casted a worried glance to Garrett. His eyes were still fixed on the guy though and once those blue ones met mine, he just shook his head and shrugged. Was he that oblivious to the current situation I was in? Or did he find this too amusing that he wouldn’t bother to help a friend out? Either way he seemed too preoccupied with his glass of water to say anything.

The guy stood right before me, anticipating my reply. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and shrugged. No harm to dance with another attractive guy now would there?

I stood up carefully and brushed off my dress. I gave him another smile and briefly looked at Garrett who was now paying attention to me, giving me a sort of death glare. What was his problem? I narrowed my eyes at him and accepted the guy’s outstretched hand. His palm felt oddly smooth…like baby butts. I cringed at the thought and kicked it faraway from my head.

My three-inch heels clicked against the cool marble floors while the guy silently made his way across the ballroom. I rolled my eyes at how males had it easy. They didn’t have to suffer wearing tedious heels at the same time agonizing over the thought of having a wardrobe malfunction.

The two of us reached the center of the ballroom and soon enough I was twirling around like some Disney Princess and here was my Prince Charming. He had shiny blond hair that was carelessly styled causing him to look like some guy who got out of bed, which is very likely. Have I mentioned he had these green eyes that really reminded me of John? God it’s like dancing with John. Except he wasn’t John, he was…what’s his name?

“My name is Quinn.” The boy replied in a British accent which made him totally more attractive. As much as I would like to say otherwise I would by lying. Wait a second how did he know what I was thinking? Seconds later he chuckled at me, amusement in his eyes.

“I think you may have voiced out your thoughts.” I groaned and mentally face-palmed myself for being so stupid.

“Right, of course.” I mumbled trying to avert my gaze. I looked at the other people dancing the night away and congratulated them for having the time of their life. I wouldn’t exactly say I was having the time too because my mind is too wrapped up with John and love and I was really getting baffled by Garrett’s actions lately.

We continued to sway to the music, my eyes looking anywhere but his. After a few seconds of awkward not looking at each other moments, he cleared his throat which automatically made me look at him. Our eyes were in a dead lock and the smile on his face was enough to make my heart melt. Not in a ‘this is love’ kind of way. I just found his smile unmistakably adorable.

“Hey, are you alright?” His question caught me off guard. Was I alright? The thought of actually being fine was enough to make me laugh. In no way was I fine when your crush is one hell of a playboy who gives you mixed signals.

I stumbled over my words for a few seconds and mustered up a sheepish smile. “Um…yeah. Why do you ask?”

We danced some more, crossing paths with Lily. She gave me a huge smile and mouthed the words ‘he’s cute’. I rolled my eyes at her and watched her figure retreat with the guy she was dancing with. I turned my attention back to English guy Quinn who was watching me carefully.

“You look troubled.” He said slowly. I sighed as we twirled once again. My face twitched causing me to scowl. I guess I was that see-through. I shrugged and looked over my shoulder. Guess who was the first person I saw?

“He your mate?” His accent rolled of his tongue causing me to gape at him. I glanced at Garrett and immediately felt my cheeks burn for no particular reason. I hurriedly looked back at him who was still staring at said boy.

“By mate you mean…?” I asked just to clarify the situation. He might have meant friend or something. He looked at me curiously and chuckled softly.

“Is he your boyfriend?” There was no hint of malice in this tone. Just pure curiosity.

I blinked at him and laughed at his question. I don’t know why but the thought of Garrett and I being together seemed too ludicrous. It’s not that I can’t see us being together I mean well yeah I guess I could imagine us holding hands and all that but I really couldn’t imagine him having feelings for me. Actually I can’t imagine anyone falling for me. Also Garrett was way out of my league in terms of good looks plus talent. It doesn’t take much for a senior to hear a couple of girls gossiping about said boy.

“Is there something funny?” Quinn gave me a peculiar expression, probably because I laughed at him. I shook my head and looked back at Garrett.

“He’s just a friend.” I replied. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and then he nodded slowly.

“I just thought he was your boyfriend because of the glares he’s been sending me.” He said giving me a quick smile. Perplexed by his statement, I turned around and sure enough Garrett was throwing daggers at Quinn. Not literally but you get the point.

“That’s odd.” I muttered. Garrett’s been acting weird lately and I have no idea why. Of course you don’t because you’re too busy thinking about John.

The song ended which also meant that our dance was done. Quinn took a step back and bowed like a true gentleman. I grinned and did the same just for the heck of it. I added the finger to the chin though and the fancy pulling up the side of the dress thing. We both ended up laughing at how ridiculous we must have looked.

“Thank you for the dance Ms…?”

“Isabelle Thames. Call me Isa though.” I said, dismissing the question with a wave of my hand. He nodded and grinned at me once more.

“I hope that you whatever is troubling you would leave you alone…and have a good life.” I couldn’t help but laugh at his parting words and nodded. He grinned and waved at me before going in the other direction to where a girl, probably his mate, waited. At least he had a love life. I was in love yes but as of the moment it’s an unrequited love.

I walked back to the table where Garrett sat, patiently waiting for me. Five more steps and I would have made it if it weren’t for a girl pulling me sideways. Once I got a steady grip on gravity, I pulled my arm away and sent daggers at the person who did so. I was met with Zoey, my dear cousin who had this silly grin on her face.

“Isabelle you are one lucky girl!” She squealed causing tremors to run down my body. I shook my head and watched her carefully. She was shorter than the rest of us and sometimes people mistook her for a high school student. Also her squeaky voice and her child-like thoughts was another reason why people think otherwise.

“Uh…why am I lucky?” I asked not getting her point. She rolled her eyes and tugged my arm, pointing at Quinn.

“You just danced with one of Britain’s hottest models also,” She spun around and pointed at Garrett who was now talking with Stanford. That guy loves to talk to people…and to socialize apparently.

“You have that guy head over heels with you!” She giggled and spun me around. She looked at me hopeful eyes and gave a dramatic sigh.

I shook my head and fiddled with my hair. “He’s not head over heels with me Zoey.” I replied, dismissing it. She rolled her eyes and twirled her hair, a grin erupting on her lips.

“One day you’ll know the answers. Right now, you have to face those things by yourself and learn things the hard way.”

“Is this your way of giving me advice?” I asked thoughtfully. She smirked and cocked her hip.

“Maybe.” I groaned and debated on whether I should go back and talk to Garrett or not. “Oh and Isa?”

There goes my plan of going back. Zoe just had to continue the conversation. “Yes?”

“Please don’t break any hearts in your life alright? Well at least don’t be that kind of girl who breaks people’s hearts like glass and walk away with no sense of sensibility.” She ranted with a serious look on her face.

I furrowed my eyebrows and licked my lips. “Why are you telling me this?” I doubt I would even be able to break any hearts in my life.

She shrugged at me and gave me a soft smile. “Just don’t alright? I guess I should leave you guys,” she pointed to Garrett who was now sitting alone on the table. “Alone. See ya Isa!” And with that she walked away, swaying her hips in the process.

I scratched my head in confusion and walked back to the table. Garrett looked a bit strangled. His eyes were downcast and when I sat down he didn’t even mumble a ‘hi’ or stutter a ‘hello’ which was really weird. I snapped my fingers in front of him and soon enough his pale blue eyes met mine. I gave him a smile but instead he scowled at me.

“How was the dance?” He asked but to me it sounded more like hissing.

Taken aback by how his voice sounded, I clutched my dress and gave him a warm smile. I didn’t want to join his parade of scowls and glares.

“It was fine. Quinn’s a really nice guy.” I replied slowly. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

“Of course he is.” Then he picked up a wine glass and drank all of its contents. My eyes widened upon realizing he was drinking wine. This boy wouldn’t stop drinking alcohol. I frowned in disgust and looked back at his face.

“You don’t stop do you?” He started, looking at the wine glass as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“Stop at what?” Okay I am really confused right now. He snorted and glared at me with the intensity of a thousand suns. I bit back the urge to ask him what the hell his problem was. I don’t want to make a fuss.

“Forget it. Do me a favor and stay away for a while, alright?” He shot back. My mouth was hanging open at how bizarre his actions were. I’m really shocked by all of this but I wasn’t that shocked that it would soon turn into anger. I was just really confused.

“Excuse me?” I snapped back at him. Whoops I got mad.

He sighed and gave me a glare. I would have never thought that a guy like Garrett would glare at a girl.

“I’ll see you around Isa.” With that, he stood up and left me there sitting like a duck with no sanity. Well I was still sane but not with the current situation at hand. I sat there a few more minutes, watching his figure quickly cross the room. He talked to a guy, who I was guessing was his brother, and soon enough the two of them left the party.

I slumped further in my seat really perplexed at what was happening. He did say ‘see you around’ but something told me I won’t be seeing him around.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY GUYS!! wow 38 subscribers omg thank you! Here's the chapter and I'm sorry if it's short-ish. @smoke-and-fire Garrett! yeah and he's British so I guess it's a good thing? What I don't make any sense.

Have you guys heard of This Century's new single? If not you should go check it out because Bleach Blonde is perfect!

p.s. don't forget to comment and subscribe (also recommend wink wink)