Such Small Hands

001

The heavily carried hum of the rain bruised the windows; the wind hissed and roared as the fire crackled near our feet. I peered over at her, those glacier like eyes memorized by the dancing flame. I felt this part of me liquefy, I wanted her in every way known to man. My sweet Zelda, my sweet, sweet Zelda. She was extraordinary, she was spontaneous, her antagonizing personality cloaks me. If I were to go down, I would want her to drown with me.

She looked over at me then, those plump, succulent lips of hers parted into a significant smile. It seems like I have spent a lifetime admiring her from afar, scrutinizing her every move for my own benefit. I've spent all this time looking for my missing puzzle piece, and to think that I have found her is a blissful feeling.

I moved closer to her, my lips seconds away from hers; her eyes fluttered. She's nervous. She wants to hide it.

"Zelda." I breathed.

"Yes?" She whispered back.

"Are you afraid?" I questioned against her skin. I traced my lips over the arch of her neck in circles, lingering down towards her shoulder. I could hear her heart pounding against her chest, she hesitated and fidgeted with the stray strands of thread on her coat. Her hands reached up and brushed soothingly across my face, I shuttered in agony. She was teasing me back.

"Why would I be afraid?" Her eyes locked with mine, I was resting in her tiny palms. I smirked and leaned in. Our lips moved in sync with the pitter-patter of the rain. I was glad that we agreed to stay in, to hide away from the roaring jazz clubs and the poisonous intricate glasses. I was glad that she agreed to stay in, with me.