Status: Please give this story a chance =]

A Beauty in Disguise

Heart skips a beat

I wake to the melody of many machines beeping, and buzzing; stark, bright, sterile white; and blindingly bright lights. I'm in hospital. I try to sit up only to be stopped by Chris telling me to sit still as a sharp pain ripped across my arms. I slumped back down onto the hard starch-covered mattress, covered only by a thin white starched sheet and a hospital gown that may as well have been an apron; a doctor came in. He was the splitting image of Chris, just... older?!
"Son, Miss Braxton." the doctor smiled at us both before pulling up a spare chair next to the bed and facing me.
"I have some news for you Miss Braxton." My heart skipped a beat as he said this, what could he possibly have to tell me?!
"Am I dying?!" I choked out my eyes going wide and my hand reaching out in search of the comfort of Chris' large, warm, weather-worn one. His hand met mine in a tight embrace as he squeezed it in a loving attempt to reassure me.
The doctor, Chris' father, chuckled to himself and patted our clasped hands before beginning to speak.
"Miss Braxton, I am delighted to inform you that you are pregnant, congratulations!" A grin spread across the doctor's face but quickly vanished when he noted the look on mine; for me time slowed almost to a standstill and the last thing I heard as the world around me started to spin was the sound of my own voice croaking out
"Please, God please no!" Before I passed out, my small hand still clasped tightly is Chris' large, rough one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've completely reworked the first few chapters, hope you like the twist ;)

Hope you all had a good Christmas and new year :)
Lauren x