Status: Please give this story a chance =]

A Beauty in Disguise

Better to Lie

When I got home, soaking wet I might add, Rose asked me where I had been, I told her the truth, well most of it, I told her that I was at the park with Chris.
When she asked me who the jacket belonged to, I said that it was Chris’ but I didn’t tell her why we spent so long in the rain… if I had told her the truth then I would have never heard the end of it! So I decided that it was better to lie...right?!

Anyway, I went upstairs and got changed into my onesie, the one identical to Rose’s before going through the doorway the separated our rooms, when I walked in she was sat snuggled up on her bed writing in the journal I had got her for her Christmas present, oh the irony. She looked a bit upset, tears welling up in her eyes as I watched her. It looked as though she was about to start watching 'Fly away Home' a sad, but beautiful movie. "You want to watch?" she asked smiling at me and patting the bed beside her. I paused for a second, considering before I skipped across her soft black carpet and clambered onto her large double bed but before we began to watch I asked her what was wrong… turns out she was being bullied at school. She was receiving messages in her locker each day telling her that she was ‘ugly’ and ‘a whore’ all because she had been dating a senior before he broke up with her, because she wouldn’t sleep with him no less. When she told me this I wiped away the tears that had begun to escape from her eyes and pulled her into my lap before rocking her until she had calmed herself down again. Once she was calm she turned to me and smiled before sliding off of my lap and down on to the bed next to me, pulling the covers over us both before snuggling up into my side to watch the movie.

I had not been this close to anyone in ages... it made me smile how Rose and I were so natural around each other; we were complete opposites, hung around with completely different groups yet when it came down to it we were always there for each other and I would remove all pain from her life if I could… I’d rather take the weight of both of our problems than see her sad.

By the time the movie was over it was about 12 o-clock at night and Rose was cuddled up into my side, her head rested on my chest as she slept soundly, I stroked her hair and thought about all the memories of our childhood as I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler
Comment would be appreciated =D