Honesty

And I'm here, my dear

"You're coming home with me today," Carson said.

Ellis didn't try to resist: she knew it would be useless.

He insisted on pulling her close to him as they walked to the station, saying he could see down her shirt better that way. But when he skimmed his hand down her side, it was so he could assess how much skinnier she had gotten.

He'd sat her in his living room as he 'finished up' in his room. He was boyish in his excitement, and like everything else about him, it was charming.

"Okay, it's ready now, Ellis. You can come in."

Carson's room was startlingly blue, but that wasn't what Ellis noticed first.

There were candles everywhere. Tiny tealights and big wax Goliaths on every stable surface.

Carson grinned as he watched her take them in, overwhelmed, he face as blank as ever.

"They're pretty," she said finally.

"Because you said you liked them. And because I didn't want you to say my room was too blue."

And then she laughed. Really laughed. Carson had never heard her laugh before, and he found it was a sound he liked.

"It is too blue," she said, once the laugh was done, "but thank you.

-

"Hey El, you're pretty sexy."

It was later. The room smelled distinctively waxy. Some of the candles had burnt out.

Ellis was sitting on Carson's bed, her legs drawn up against her chest. They had just finished watching La science des rĂªves.

"Do I get to see you naked yet?" he was closer to her now, murmuring into her ear.

She shook her head, embarrassed, remembering Paul, feeling guilt rise like bile in her throat.

"Shame. You'd look amazing in the candlelight."

She lay her head against her knees.

Carson's hand crept under her shirt, at her back, till he was fingering her bra strap.

"His name is Paul," Ellis blurted out. The sick feeling increased but, for the first time, it was only a feeling. She would not throw up, not while Carson was touching her.

"Boyfriend?" he asked.

She shook her head, no.

"Do you wish he was?"

She looked into her lap, shrugged.

"Hey, Ellis?" She didn't answer, but he didn't mind He hadn't expected her to. He slid his arm up and around, just to see if she would let him.

She did.

"You have really nice boobs."

She said nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone is actually interested in listening to the song 'Honesty', it's here.

I always just think of Carson as a big, playful dog turned into a human.